Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe

Comment

Damn guys, those are outrageous. I grew up building models but your painting and attention to details would make me burn all of mine if I still had them. I love the last pictures with the soldiers, etc. About 5 years ago I was in a .50 cal fun shoot had the chance to shoot an MG-42 on the adjustable tripod with the remote trigger. Sure sounds a lot neater ripping off 50 rounds than my 21 Thompson. Guy with an M-60 turned to my 15 year old son and handed him an ammo box and said "have fun". I thought he was gonna crap his pants.

Congrats to you both.

Comment

Time to vote

Hope I'm not too late to vote?

By gee, both are good models. I'm no expert, but I can be bought.

Who's offering the biggest bribe.

You guys have a bit of pull with the boss,

A promotion form "REGULAR" to something with a bit more pazaz, say, underwater panelbeater? (did a fair bit of that in my time)

Freddie
        Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
        vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Both of you should be very proud - excellent models lads, I think Shamus' camo in particular is extremely impressive and Nord the sheer detail is amazing - have you ever entered any proper model tournements?

I've attended the Dublin Model show and yours is better than half the winners!
          Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
          - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Originally posted by furkensturker View Post
            something with a bit more pazaz, say, underwater panelbeater? (did a fair bit of that in my time)

Freddie
            Freddie,I am almost afraid to ask....what is an underwater panelbeater??
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Underwater panelbeater

Underwater Panelbeater is a very important and highly skilled job in the Military, no matter what country you come from.

It's one step above "DIXI BASHER", I refer to the poor bastard who has to wash pots and pans in the mess. As a young digger, I did my fair share of the underwater trade, mainly the Sgt's Mess. It was a right of passage that everyone had to do two weeks at the Sgts Mess.

They had an automatic, all singing, all dancing, whizz bang dishwasher that would be the envy of any five star hotel, The only trouble was, it sat in a wooden box beside the back door of the kitchen for at least 2 1/2 years that I know of.

So we had to resort to Steelo soap pads and an a3 size tin, strung under the hot tap with half a dozen bars of Velvet laundry soap in it. Apart from being in the stone age, the velvet soap is better than any dishwashing liquid.

In my food business, we use the tomato tin filled with velvet. Old habits die hard.

Freddie
              Never hold your farts in, they run up your spine, and that's where shity ideas come from.
              vēnī, vīdī, velcro - I came, I saw I stuck around.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Freddie,now I can tell the wife "Whadda ya think I am,an underwater panelbeater?"when she wants help with the dishes;) .
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Both are great, but I had to go with the PzIV, mainly because the PZIV C/D models aren't often done compared to the Panther.

But they're both better than I could do, and better than the Bradley IFV I was going to submit. I HAVE to get my digital camera working again.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                    I think it was a Tamayia, but it was almost 10years ago so I don`t really remember...

The rust I made out of....RUST!

I put a piece of metal in water and waited for the rust..then I applied the rusty water, and viola!
                    Nord, the wagon beside the tank - what was it called?? Kubel.....????

Comment

Hi Texas...

It was called Horch 4x4 1a.

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                        Both are great, but I had to go with the PzIV, mainly because the PZIV C/D models aren't often done compared to the Panther.

But they're both better than I could do, and better than the Bradley IFV I was going to submit. I HAVE to get my digital camera working again.

-dale
                        Ha, I finally got myself a digital camera, unfortunately haven't started any of my larger scale armour kits yet, only my 1/76 scale stuff which I packed into a box while I clean/swap my shelving.

Perhaps the next contest!
                        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Nord View Post
                          Hi Texas...

It was called Horch 4x4 1a.
                          Just like this one?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Yes that`s the one...

Comment

That is soooo cool - DIRTY WINDOWS and the wiper sweeps. Talk about detail. It's probably a GOOD thing your displays DON'T contain latrines. No telling HOW you would detail those.

Comment

Originally posted by tlturbo View Post
                                That is soooo cool - DIRTY WINDOWS and the wiper sweeps. Talk about detail. It's probably a GOOD thing your displays DON'T contain latrines. No telling HOW you would detail those.
                                I don't wanna know.
                                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
                                X