Formula 1 Title saga in new twist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formula 1 Title saga in new twist?

Just watched the late news on the BBC. A report suggested that the FIA is investigating the Sauber BMW team over fuel irregularities. The Sauber`s finished 5th and 6th. If they are disqualified, it will strip Kimi Raikkonen of his newly won title and Lewis Hamilton will be crowned F1 king.

Curiouser and curiouser! What do you make of this? Hamilton had severe gearbox issues with the car going into neutral on it`s own several times, of course losing all power. He screwed up going wide into the first corner but his position would have been recoverable if his car had behaved itself, which it didn`t.

This all sounds very bizzare!
    "Liberty is a thing beyond all price.

cat amongst the pigeons come to mind. fantastic if it's true

Comment

Boll*cks to it all, F1 is pants.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mike nickeas View Post
        Yep! give me the Bikes every time..they are not as stuck-up with self importance. Give me two wheels at 220mph, no radio, no automatic controls etc, just pure rider skills. they fall off, break an ankle or wrist and they're back on the bike for race two. Give me the bikes every time!!:)

Comment

Originally posted by mike nickeas View Post
          Tell us what you really mean!
          I loved F1 when Senna, the main man was around, Mansell, while not the best driver, sparked my interest a bit. Hamilton has got me back into it again. Would be great if he got the title!

Two wheels at 220 mph, no thanks you nutters!! Watched Thrust SSC the other night, 763 mph on four wheels with two jet engines, now that`s really nuts!

Go Hamilton!

Comment

Originally posted by TIN MAN View Post

Two wheels at 220 mph, no thanks you nutters!! Watched Thrust SSC the other night, 763 mph on four wheels with two jet engines, now that`s really nuts!

Go Hamilton!
            Not quite reached the 200(yet) 180 and it topped out, fantastic feeling, but you're right defiantly for nutters only.

If Lewis had kept his head for the first lap at least, he would have won it hands down. He put himself in that position, he's really only got himself to blame..Ok he did have an electrical fault but that was sorted in his settings. Alas he had to much to do. It would be nice if he won, but if it's by default it's not quite the same. It takes the edge of what has been a good start to his very promising career. But I don't think he'll turn it down if it was offered

Comment

A team which stole secrets of other teams and infringed the integrity of the sport doesnt deserve a title both drivers or constructors. Hamilton and Alonso are driving on the advantage drieved from those stolen secrets. Therefore both Mclaren team and its drivers should have been disqualified from the races.

Kimi Raikonen and Ferrari won them fair and square, Mclaren has no right to be in this year's championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
                A team which stole secrets of other teams and infringed the integrity of the sport doesn't deserve a title both drivers or constructors.
                I thought the chief mechanic changed teams and took his knowledge with him.

The Stewards have overruled the objections so the results stand
                Last edited by dave lukins; 22 Oct 07,, 10:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Adux View Post
                  A team which stole secrets of other teams and infringed the integrity of the sport doesnt deserve a title both drivers or constructors. Hamilton and Alonso are driving on the advantage drieved from those stolen secrets. Therefore both Mclaren team and its drivers should have been disqualified from the races.

Kimi Raikonen and Ferrari won them fair and square, Mclaren has no right to be in this year's championship.
                  There is no doubt Sauber AND Williams should be disqualified from the Interlagos standings if these allegations can be proven but it`s a long shot unless Mclaren know a way.

The allegation states that cooler fuel was pumped into those cars, cooler fuel gives you a horsepower increase of about ten percent, which is in the region of a 70-80 bhp gain. An illegal advantage.

Mclaren are appealing. Where did this fuel allegation come from and what is the basis? Spyker boss Eddie Jordan has said there is absolutely no way to prove it as the horse has bolted. You would have to prove that the fuel that went into the car was at this lower temp` and Telemetry doesn`t do that..

Either way, it has been a great season, Hamilton is destined to be champion one day, he is certainly good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    I thought the chief mechanic changed teams and took his knowledge with him.

The Stewards have overruled the objections so the results stand
                    A very lame excuse, and not allowed by international laws.

Is it the Brit defence for Hamilton and Mclaren. A great team but not champions for this season nor are they deserving.

Hamilton though a good driver, must fight a legit battle in the years to come.
                    I cannot judge his talent, but for sure i have the capacity to judge his means and his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by TIN MAN View Post
                      There is no doubt Sauber AND Williams should be disqualified from the Interlagos standings if these allegations can be proven but it`s a long shot unless Mclaren know a way.

The allegation states that cooler fuel was pumped into those cars, cooler fuel gives you a horsepower increase of about ten percent, which is in the region of a 70-80 bhp gain. An illegal advantage.

Mclaren are appealing. Where did this fuel allegation come from and what is the basis? Spyker boss Eddie Jordan has said there is absolutely no way to prove it as the horse has bolted. You would have to prove that the fuel that went into the car was at this lower temp` and Telemetry doesn`t do that..

Either way, it has been a great season, Hamilton is destined to be champion one day, he is certainly good enough.
                      I don't think they have telemetry from the cars for fuel temperature, they have the data from the fuel rigs which is lower "than it should be".

However the regualtion stipulates "on board the car" and that isn't known. Also, the regulation states "ambient temperature" but does not state who is measuring it or where.

On that basis it is going to be difficult to prove a team is in violation of a rule based based on a temperature that could be measured at different places by different people and not knowing what temperature it was when used anyway.

Clearly a regulation that will be tidied up in time for March.
                      at

Comment

Working...
                      X