X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
    nope, but you are in the right branch.
    A young Eric Raeder?
    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

nope, he is more famous for what he did in the first world war.

Comment

tarek,

is that Lothar von Arnauld de la Perière, aka deadliest u-boat commander of the war?
        There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

nope, he is more famous for what he did in the first world war.
          Crap,crap,crap....I should have gotten this one a lot sooner....one of my favorite stories about WWI.........Felix von Luckner...Germany's gentleman privateer of WWI
          "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

yep thats him. I am still waiting for a movie about him. I mean his story is perfect for an epic (and fun) movie.

Comment

yep thats him. I am still waiting for a movie about him. I mean his story is perfect for an epic (and fun) movie.
              Absolutely awesome story-if anyone would like to read about him I would recommend Blaine Pardoe's book The Cruise of the Sea Eagle this man raided Allied shipping during WWI using a three-masted schooner no less and if I recall correctly only caused 1 fatality to his enemies during that time,great read.

Give me a minute to come up with a new question .

Comment

Ok,back to Native American history for a minute.This warrior chieftain pulled together a confederacy of tribes that before his untimely death,could have greatly retarded westward expansion in the United States.The rough English translation of his name means "Panther passing across",a reference to the presence of a meteor crossing the night sky at the time of his birth.

Comment

shamus,

tecumseh!
                  There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                    shamus,

tecumseh!
                    Nice one bud,:) thought that might take a couple of minutes at least Your question sir....

Comment

w00t. alright chaps, thinking caps on....switching up continents...

who is the chinese official whom wrote a long letter scolding queen victoria for...her lack of morality? (no one knows if queen victoria actually read it.)

Comment

That was the worlds first "drug czar" Lin Tse-hsü

Comment

nice- your turn. :))

Comment

who lives at the Himinsbjörg?

Comment

Heimdall, Norse god?
                              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

yep, the only person who can live next to a rainbow without looking gay *g*

your turn

Comment

Working...
                                X