This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    What part of "I dunno, I forgot entirely. Open question." didn't you get? ;)
    Hey Ben, you better delete this post.

AR was asking BK and not BR.

It's a human mistake to make on your part and most people would over look it but you know AR....

Comment

• Hey Yellow....you're so smart can you guess what I am thinking now?

Here's a hint....the second word is You!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
        Hey Yellow....you're so smart can you guess what I am thinking now?

This is gonna have a special place in history, it's actually for bonus points?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          Hey Yellow....you're so smart can you guess what I am thinking now?

A false jump in logic and therefore, a wrong conclusion.

Being smart does not make one a telepath and therefore not a mind reader.

So..neener neener.

Comment

• Hey, Yella. Bite me!
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stitch View Post
              Jawohl! Heinrich Himmler; love letters to his wife and other missives.
              Himmler hoard of letters and diaries discovered in Israel | World news | theguardian.com

Correct, you're up!
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• How on Earth those ended in Tel Aviv is beyond me. Was Himmler 'robbed' or some Nazi got lost?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• If I remember correctly, apparently someone approached the person who was the Israeli Consul in Los Angeles back in the '60s, I think, saying he had the diaries and wanted to sell them. The consul spent his own money (and raised some donations from the local Jewish community) and bought them.

From there they tried to make a film, but it didn't work out, then they remained in his possession, and eventually a film was made. The entire thing raised some ethical questions of why the Consul held on to them instead of giving them to Yad Vashem, but it turns out the diaries will wind up there in the end, after the filmmaker is done using them.

Comment

• Of course. Ockham at work.

Comment

• Now you're going to make me think . . . . .

This author of science fiction/fantasy was little-known during his lifetime, died in poverty, but is now considered "one of the most significant 20th-century authors of his genre".

Who am I?
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Englishman or American?

Comment

• Died in poverty...isn't the norm for artists?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            Englishman or American?
                            Ami.
                            "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

• Lovecraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                Lovecraft?
                                Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Dok, you have the floor . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X