X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks

mh

Wen did the last japanese WWII soldier surrender?

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
      thanks

mh

Wen did the last japanese WWII soldier surrender?
      On Guam in late 1980's

No...that's wrong. it was 1980.

I was in Guam in 1989 and heard the story. The thickets there are nearly impenetrable. But what would they eat. Snakes introduced in the past ate all the bird eggs...so, there are no birds on Guam...
      Last edited by JAD_333; 19 Oct 07,, 04:48.
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

mh the year is right, but it is not guam (at least not after my source), but the question was when not were, so your turn.

Comment

mh the year is right, but it is not guam (at least not after my source), but the question was when not were, so your turn.
          What presidential candidate in the 1800's ran with 3 vice presidential running mates and which one of them later became president?

Comment

Martin Van Buren

James Knox Polk

Comment

It was the Philippines.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
                Martin Van Buren

James Knox Polk
                Right!! Your turn. The convention refused to renominate his vice president.

Comment

"Let him win his spurs", said by a king about his son during a battle.

Who was the king; who was his son; and what was the battle?

Comment

Didn't Edward say "'let him earn his spurs'" to his son..uh Edward at Crécy? (those nobels are never very creatives when it comes to naming their children..)

Comment

• "Then go back and tell those that sent you hither not to send again as long as my son is alive. Tell them my son must have the chance to win his spurs."
                      -- "The Three Edwards", by Thomas Costain.

Correct. Your turn.

Comment

• strange my book has the same quote but with "earn". Well nevermind..but I would like to ask a follow up question *g*

What effect did this battle have on the modern Welsh Rubgy Union? *g*

Comment

• uhm a clue:

So what has the Battle of Crécy to do with this picture?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                            uhm a clue:

So what has the Battle of Crécy to do with this picture?
                            Rugby has roots in France and Wales. hmm...the logo shows the english crown and the french fleur de lis...but how this connects to the battle of Crecy, I can't figure out, except it enabled England to occupy parts of Normandy where it was likely rugby emerged as a blend of a french and welsh game and the scrum was a recreation of how the blind french prince's knights tied their horses together so he could get into the battle...hell, I am lost...

Comment

• blind prince..you are almost there..but it wasnt a french one (but he fought on their side).

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
                                blind prince..you are almost there..but it wasnt a french one (but he fought on their side).
                                he was from Luxembourg...what's the connection?

Comment

Working...
                                X