X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
    Easy is in the eye of the beholder!
    So is beauty. Beauty is also in the eye of the beer holder. Ergo, easy is in the eye of the beer holder
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Clue: Sisyer became a Saint.

Comment

• I'm taking a wild stab here. Catherine of Aragon is the sister, daughter of Ferdinand II of Spain is her claim to royalty outside the British throne. She was Henry VIII's first wife and bore him no male children. If memory serves me correctly this marriage also places her family ties in with those of Scotland. She had only one brother, Juan. The mother's name was Queen Isabella of Castille, wife to Ferdinand II of Spain.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by snapper View Post
          So I shall try to keep the quizz alive... let me think of real hard one. Ok I settle on a hard question form; his sister married a King of Scotland. Though she was not Scottish nor born in Britain her ancestors reunited different claimants to a throne via marriage. What was his Mothers name?
          Nope St Maraget of Scotland, English issue but born in Hungary. She was the sister of Edgar Elthiling (which is the answer to the question) uncrowned king of England. The daughter of that union Maltida I married Henry I, the son of William of Normandy thus relinking the old house of Wessex with the Norman Dynasty. The daughter of that issue Empress Maltida married Geoffrey Plantagenet and founded the Plantagenet dynasty. The last legitimate male issue related to this was executed in 1499.

From 1066 to 1499 the line had nearly 30 monarchs.

Comment

• ah! brilliant! Your serve?
            sigpic

Comment

• Lets see if Snapper signs off.

Comment

• I filed a patent in Canada in 1925, in the US in 1926 and 28 for an idea I had. A German had the same idea in 1934, but no one would see our vision until 1947. The modern world is built on my ideal. Who am I, and what was my idea?

Comment

• You are Julius Edgar Lilienfeld, your idea was the field-effect transistor, or transistor as we know it today
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• By Jove, he's got it.:)
                    To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Leaping in uninvited (apologies):
                      Sept. 9th is the XXth (fill in the #) anniversary of what?
                      Trust me?
                      I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                        You are Julius Edgar Lilienfeld, your idea was the field-effect transistor, or transistor as we know it today
                        Nice job, quick on the draw too.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOR View Post
                          Leaping in uninvited (apologies):
                          45th anniversary of Mao Tse Tung buying the collective

Comment

• Leaping in uninvited (apologies):

W T C

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                              Leaping in uninvited (apologies):

W T C
                              XXth is 20th Eric. ~Thousand of things happened that day of importance so it needs to be narrowed down in the clue

Comment

• Many things...

California becomes the 31st state (1850)
                                H.C.Min burrial (1969)
                                Mao's death (1976) - Ben that would be 35, not 45 years ;)
                                Congress named USA (1776)

and so on...
                                No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
                                X