• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supermarine Swift F4

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Supermarine Swift F4
      It was NOT a British land-based fighter, Mr Lukins! It was an American aircraft, of which two were built for the Navy.
      Last edited by glyn; 23 Oct 07,, 17:37.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• The Bell L-39. There were two built, except one had straight wings while the second would have its wings swept at a 35 degree angle.

Comment

• Well done Julie, you win!:)
          In fact both had wings swept at 35% but the 2nd example was mainly used for gathering data for the forthcoming Bell X-2. At least some flights were conducted where the wing had a particularly sharp leading edge.
          Your turn, Ma'am.
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by glyn View Post
            Well done Julie, you win!:)
            In fact both had wings swept at 35% but the 2nd example was mainly used for gathering data for the forthcoming Bell X-2. At least some flights were conducted where the wing had a particularly sharp leading edge.
            Your turn, Ma'am.
            Ya know, I only answered it because I missed that Civil War question, and I wanted to revert back to that category. However, after reading up, quite extensively, on your subject, I found it quite interesting. I think I read approximately 3 hours on it, and I just couldn't tear myself away ! Maybe I should join the Air Force or something !!! :P

Comment

• Okay...here we go:

What state university, whose students left en masse in 1861 to join the University Grays or the Lamar Rifles, is best known by its nickname, the antebellum term for the mistress of a southern plantation? :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Julie View Post
                Okay...here we go:

What state university, whose students left en masse in 1861 to join the University Grays or the Lamar Rifles, is best known by its nickname, the antebellum term for the mistress of a southern plantation? :)
                University of Mississippi(Ole Miss)?
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                  University of Mississippi(Ole Miss)?
                  Very good Don..impressed!!;)

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                    Very good Don..impressed!!;)
                    Thank you sir;) .

New question:By what name was Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier better known to Americans as?
                    "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                      Thank you sir;) .

New question:By what name was Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier better known to Americans as?
                      I believe that's Lafayette.
                      Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

• Originally posted by wkllaw View Post
                        I believe that's Lafayette.
                        Very good sir:) ,your question.

Comment

• Who first thought of and wrote up the idea of communications satellite and in what year?

Comment

Who first thought of and wrote up the idea of communications satellite and in what year?
                            Edward Hale, 1869.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Who first thought of and wrote up the idea of communications satellite and in what year?
                              On the other hand, the first modern comsat proposal was from a Brit in the 1940s...???
                              To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
                                Edward Hale, 1869.
                                He thought of a satellite, but not a telecommunications one.

Comment

Working...
                                X