Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP!!! Audio/video hook-up guide needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP!!! Audio/video hook-up guide needed.

Okay, so here I am, moderately smart re: audio-video hook-ups...but with an advanced set-up problem. Too complicated to describe, but trust me, it's WAY past me or being able to do this either online, or over-the-phone with tech support.

What I need is a fool-proof diagram of MY components EXACTLY (the generic 'this goes to these jacks' diagrams are BS). Is there anything online that y'all know of in which you can enter the model number of your equipment and it will tell you exactly which connections to make?

I'm really foxed, here; can't tell how to make everything go together right.
    Last edited by Bluesman; 08 Oct 07,, 06:13.

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
    Is there anything online...
    Certainly there is. All you need do is go to the website of your friendly airline and book tickets for one parihaka, (I list video/audio engineer amongst my many attributes) to your address.

I will then stand there and tell you how to do it
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Failing that you must have a 15 year-old child in your neighbourhood?
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I'm only a few hours away but I'm no better at that stuff than you are. I can however stand around and drink beer while you swear at it.;)
        Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
        (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

HAH!

Fat lot of good YOU two are...:P

Comment

Whats the make and model, is it a HTS?
            A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Nah, it's a bunch of audio/video components, nothing high-end. But I'm not sure what goes where...it's difficult to explain the problem without being here.

Comment

Okay, so here I am, moderately smart re: audio-video hook-ups...but with an advanced set-up problem. Too complicated to describe, but trust me, it's WAY past me or being able to do this either online, or over-the-phone with tech support.

What I need is a fool-proof diagram of MY components EXACTLY (the generic 'this goes to these jacks' diagrams are BS). Is there anything online that y'all know of in which you can enter the model number of your equipment and it will tell you exactly witch connections to make?

I'm really foxed, here; can't tell how to make everything go together right.
                Oh for the love of god...

Which one of your friends spent 5 years explaining to people (over the phone!) how to hook up their fantastically expensive AV stuff? Trust me...child's play. (man I hope I don't eat those words).

I'll call Captain BluesLady's cellie and see what I can do.

Although being slightly trashed at the moment might be a problem
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well, not sure which receiver you have, but I have Harman Kardon and I used the following guide to set up my system. Took me a while to get it right.

clicky

The position of various inputs/outputs will be different for different makes.

Good Luck.

Comment

Nah, it's a bunch of audio/video components, nothing high-end. But I'm not sure what goes where...it's difficult to explain the problem without being here.
                    Lets go from system to system, Speakers first, receiver to DVD, DVD to TV.

what are you trying to do, is it 5.1 or 7.1? If it supports HDMI and your TV has it, its much more easier.

If its component, its all color coded, just try to match the colors. Connecting speakers are pretty easy, the back of the receiver and speakers have markings to match each other.

Comment

We're doing pretty good so far. Although we've also figured that we need boots on the ground to really kick this pig.

Which means I get to fly out to the DPRK.

Which considering who my hosts will be, it'll mean one AWESOME trip!

Especially if Bluesman can get me on a U-2
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Especially if Bluesman can get me on a U-2
                        He can do that? You need another pair of hands?

Comment

give me model numbers of your equipment(or better yet pic, of input outupts, back of it), and what you want it to do, and i'll draw you specific diaram.
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Problem solved: I bought a new a/v receiver and TV.

Got some hellacious deals: 32-in LCD JVC, $2500 retail at the BX...$847 for a floor model w/o remote or manual (I'll just download the manual, and...) and a Bose 321 Series II system for $800. Still a few kinks in the system, but it's no longer a 'hook-up' issue.

HatMaster is STILL coming, though...

Comment

aw, you disappoint me Bluesman, you bought a Bose for all the hype? :(

Comment

Working...
                              X