Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best PC based Combat Flight Simulator ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best PC based Combat Flight Simulator ever!

This is a thread to discuss combat flight simulators that have been popular through the years and DO NOT belong to the "Microsoft Flight Simulator" brand and it's expantions.

Some companies have or had developed an expertise in creating Combat Flight Simulators and some are still active while others have closed or had been bought by a bigger company. Which is your all time favorite simulator or brand and why! ;)

Jane's "F-15"
    0.00%
    Jane's "F/A-18"
    2.94%
    Novalogic "F-22 Raptor"
    2.94%
    DID "F-22 Air Dominance Fighter"
    2.94%
    DID "EF-2000 v2.0"
    2.94%
    Ubisoft "IL-2 Sturmovik"
    32.35%
    Ubisoft "Lock-0n Modern Air Combat"
    8.82%
    Microprose "Falcon 4.0"
    11.76%
    Atari "Falcon 4.0 Allied Force"
    2.94%
    Third Wire "Wings Over Europe"
    2.94%
    Other (tell us your choice)
    29.41%
    Last edited by kompikos; 06 Oct 07,, 21:19.
    Ancient Greek Aspis (shield), Xiphos (sword) and Pericephalea (helmet) sigpic

Lock on/Flanker 2.5,Il-2 Shturmovik,Microsoft combat flight simulator series.

I voted for Lock On,but IL-2 is equally good.
    Last edited by MarquezRazor; 06 Oct 07,, 20:45.

Comment

secret weapons of the luftwaffe

Comment

Originally posted by Tarek Morgen View Post
        secret weapons of the luftwaffe

Nice nice! Although a DOS classic!
        Ancient Greek Aspis (shield), Xiphos (sword) and Pericephalea (helmet) sigpic

Comment

I used to be a semi-hardcore PC pilot, and I threw the whole lot over for one title, and it's after-market upgrade: Red Baron 3D/Full Canvas Jacket. Loved it; played it so much, it started causing me career trouble. It was like being addicted to hard drugs.

Comment

I loved playing IL-2, and combat flight sim 3,but iwould like to try pacific fighters,but my computer doesnt have the power to play it.On another note I still like to play ace combat 3 on play station 2.

Comment

my fav. flight game is fireblade, ps2, i,ve played many flight sim. games, but fixed wing, isn,t my favorite, choppers, otoh, are.
              also ka 52 alligator team, is cool too.
              "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

Novalogic F-22 Raptor: Its not a simulator, its an arcade game.
                F-22 ADF: Ditto as above.
                LOMAC: For eye-candy fanbois. Nice GFX. Accurate flight models but lacks accurate avionics and weapons effects. Its a game.
                Falcon 4: Most realistic F-16 flight SIM in 98. Graphics sucked.
                Falcon 4: AF: Re-release of Falcon 4. Most realistic "commercial" F-16 flight SIM in 2007. Its not a game, its a flight simulator.

Well, HERE are some screenies I had uploaded on picasa. Guess which one this is..
                Last edited by ASG; 31 Dec 07,, 19:14.
                Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

While i did love IL2 Sturmovik Wings Over Europe gets my vote. Probably because of the wide range of aircrafte to choose from and realistic ordance... and good graphics.
                  Collins Class rule!

Comment

Ubisoft "IL-2 Sturmovik"...
                    Probably the most realistic.

Comment

My all-time favorite (even though it's almost 12 years old now!) is Jane's Fighters Anthology, combining the previous Jane's Advanced Tactical Fighters, ATF-NATO Fighters, and U.S. Navy Fighters '97. the graphics aren't all that great, but the game is really flexible, and there are a lot of cheats. There are also a ton of downloads available on the internet. I've tried some other flight sims, but I always seem to come back to FA.
                      "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

I still swear by microsoft CFS2, especially with all the add-ons and the mission builder.
                        You know JJ, Him could do it....

Comment

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946...

almost every night i am at the "Skies of Valor" server (i suppose that this server is in US)

Callsign: Mekushikurih
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

My favorites.

Janes IAF
                            Janes USAF

Awesome games, thought the graphics were not too good, but at the same time, they are about 10 years old now.
                            Everyone has opinions, only some count.

Comment

Please excuse me, this is my first posting. I have CFS, CFS2 and CFS3, IL2Sturmovic, F22 Lightning. I am 70 years of age and learning to fly slowly, last December I upgraded my laptop to windows 7, 32 bit, I also bought a new desktop with windows 7, 64 bit. My problem is that all these simulators work on XP and Vista but will not work on Windows 7. Would someone be kind enough to indicate what new flight sims will work with windows 7. I will be very gratefull for any information.
                              Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X