No announcement yet.

The puck drops tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excuse me while I digest some crow here but come on, a shut-out for the Leafs against Buffalo. What the hell did they put in my tums? Anyway, along comes Saturday night and the Rangers and back to normal for the Leafs meaning you never know who or what team will show up. In Leaf land, 3 points out of a posible 4 has a Stanley cup parade in planning as usual. A quiet hush blankets Toronto as visions of......yada,yada,yada. Cheers.

Comment

• Good.. I HATE the sabers..ever since '99 I cannot stand that team.

Comment

• Anyone saw the Kings come back against the Stars?

It was 4-0 with slightly more than 7 min to go. Turco in net. It looks like the Stars could put this one in the bag. Then Kings scored 5 goals in just over 5 min to take the lead. Modano tied it with less than 1 min to go. Then Kings won it in over time on a backhander by Kopitar.

I was about to change the station on my TV when Kings scored their first goal. It was boring as hell and demoralizing. Then it turned into the 3rd greatest come back in Kings history.

I had a free ticket to go to the game too but I turned it down. It's against the Stars. Boring, slow, methodical, choking defense, and anything but exciting Stars.

I'm still kicking myself.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Anyone saw the Kings come back against the Stars?

It was 4-0 with slightly more than 7 min to go. Turco in net. It looks like the Stars could put this one in the bag. Then Kings scored 5 goals in just over 5 min to take the lead. Modano tied it with less than 1 min to go. Then Kings won it in over time on a backhander by Kopitar.

I was about to change the station on my TV when Kings scored their first goal. It was boring as hell and demoralizing. Then it turned into the 3rd greatest come back in Kings history.

I had a free ticket to go to the game too but I turned it down. It's against the Stars. Boring, slow, methodical, choking defense, and anything but exciting Stars.

I'm still kicking myself.

Reminds me of the game Leafs vs Senators couple years ago. Leafs were down 6-1 in the first period, so the senators kept sending a few of their players who "supposedly" had the flu to the dressing room, so slowly by slowly the leafs caught back up and won it in OT!! It was the most exciting game i've watched. I can imagine those 5 mins wow, i'm envious sir I missed it

Comment

• Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
            Good.. I HATE the sabers..ever since '99 I cannot stand that team.
            Hasek was the horse on that team. I'm just glad Hasek won the cup later on with the Wings.

Comment

• Toronto vs Boston tonight. Any predictions? The point against the habs was more a loss than a gain if you factor in the fragile state of this team. To give up a point with only 6 miutes left in the game and then lose in over-time in the matter they did made me the proud owner of 2 new pulseateing veins on my forehead. Im thinking a winning streak of one starting tonight. I have a pyramid on the TV, a horse shoe hanging on the wall and lots of tums ready. Lets all hope they stayed home last night and left the nude photo op,s for the softer,more rounded sex.(man what were they thinking). Cheers

Comment

• Bruins are surprisingly good this year. Phil Kessel is living up to his potential. Tim Thomas is getting a chance at #1. Marc Savard is a good set up man. As long as the rest of the team play their part, they are pretty good.

I saw the game when Boston beat the Sharks 2-1 a few days after they beat the Kings 8-6. It's pretty tough to shut down Joe Thornton, but they did.

Comment

• Ahh, what the heck, GO LEAFS GO!!!

Comment

• Well, at least I am right about a streak of one........loss. Terrible game by the Leafs. Sloppy D,no goal tending. The sulk on the bench displayed by TO does not look good for Saturday against Ottawa. Full credit for Boston showing up for the game. Cheers.

Comment

• Oh god, we're playing ottawa again?!!!!!!!

I don't know whats wrong. Heck, when are we playing the Rangers? Tucker vs Avery sounds good now

Comment

• Raycroft drives me nuts. He is OHL material at best. That great puck sucking hole between his pads swallows black holes! Saturday could be awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                          Raycroft drives me nuts. He is OHL material at best. That great puck sucking hole between his pads swallows black holes! Saturday could be awful.
                          That maybe so, but I'm more surprised about Toskala. He had a lot of promise. Then he sucked. Is he for real? Or is he another Raycroft?

Comment

• I really thought Toskala would be much better. I honestly believed we'd have a good season this year. To the contrary, it may be our defence. McCabe F'd up once again with that game against the habs; he's not even that good anymore -he doesnt even land big body checks anymore. I think its time to get rid of him. He's looked upon as a good defenceman with a scoring touch, imagine what we could get for him

Comment

• Mcabe has 3, yes 3 years left on a contract nobody will ever buy out. This team because of past deals would not get a first round draft pick even if they finished last this year. They have no youth in their minor feeder teams that show any promise because scouting to this team means squat. Then there is Kubina and his ridiculous salary and on and on we go.In fairness to Mcabe,last night he was one of the few to show up. The boo birds in Toronto on Saturday will be brutal,but fun to listen to. Ottawa 6-Toronto-0.

Comment

• Use McCabe for spot duties and primarily on power plays. It's very useful to have an offensively minded defenseman on the power play.

Ducks lost Scott and their power play was in the tanks. Then Schneider came back from injury and their power play was ticking at 25%. Schneider was never known for his defensive prowess. But he's a great asset on power play and can hold his own on even strength for short periods of time.

The Kings have Visnovsky as the offensive defenseman. His defensive skills are passable. He's nice to have on the power play with his break out speed, passing, and a nice shot from the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X