No announcement yet.

The puck drops tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have the newspaper headlined "Return Of The King" when Mats Sundin returned to the lineup in the playoffs against the Sens. He scored 2 goals. He's proven he can play on the big stage (two olympic golds).

I was really frustrated when the Leafs didn't resign Roberts and Niewendyk. Niewendyk was by far the best player we had in the post season. Domi was actually a big factor in the playoffs aswell and they didn't resign him either. Everyone can debate whether he'd fit into Maurice's system, but so far I don't think Maurice's system is working.

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin View Post
      Of all the swedish captains I'd rather have Sundin over all the others. That said your assessment of the Canucks is dead on, the defence isn't scoring, or defending for that matter and our Captain is not leading by example. Time for some trades.....

As for the Leafs, no comment for now, simply stunned they could just not show up after 2 decent games....

As for your freind from Vancouver she obviously is missing the point, players from different country's are taught to play with different styles, load up on too many with one style and you lose your versitility.

Exactly sir,

I think she's still stuck in the Bertuzzi-Canuck era. Its about time she wakes up and smells the coffee.

Comment

If the Leafs can't beat New Jersey on Friday, you have to be even more worried, since the Devils are crumbling.
        Last edited by Maggot; 31 Oct 07,, 02:12.
        Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
          If the Leafs can't beat New Jersey on Friday, you have to be even more worried, since the Devils are crumbling.
          Friday falls into the weekend, thats perfect. If leafs lost I drink more and pass out. If Leafs win, I drink to the point where I can still sit straight up LOL :))

Comment

Hurricanes 2008 Stanley Cup Champions?

Only the rest of the season will tell. Only 2 loss's so far.

Yes, a southern Hockey fan(transplanted yankee).

Comment

New Jersey looks like they've finally turned things around and just played a strong game in their new building. Looks like the Leaf picked a bad time for a road trip to the Rock...

Comment

Yes, it looks like it. My "Canes" lost last night to Florida, 4-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Langshan View Post
                  Yes, it looks like it. My "Canes" lost last night to Florida, 4-2.

Comment

I don't think the cane's will be able to get past the Senators or Rangers in the post season.

Comment

I'm not sure....perhaps they will have another 2006 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Langshan View Post
                        I'm not sure....perhaps they will have another 2006 season.
                        They're going to have a really good season. I don't know if it will be as good as 2006 though. Other teams are chomping at the bit. Last season they were gutted with injuries to all the wrong players at all the wrong times.

Comment

If they can get past the Senators this year ok. If not, then they have ultimate teams like Pittsburgh and Philli to deal with next year, who are certainly going to be pretty much unstoppable. They are all young teams, but Pittsburgh and Philli are loaded with better young talent compared to the Canes. As for my team Toronto, good luck!

Anaheim is still the team to beat. Same players, but WITH Schneider and Bertuzzi. I don't think Dustin Penner will be missed when post season begins. I have no doubt that Scott Niedermeyer will return, he'll be like a last minuit trade but Anaheim will give up nothing in return

Comment

That's some interesting observations. Have you guys joined with this link of the NHL? NHL.com Connect

I follow mostly the east coast teams Carolina first, but like the original NHL teams, Canadians, Bruins, Rangers, Black Hawks, ect....

Comment

I think tonights going to be a disaster for Toronto in Jersey. To much time to sit and think and become even more fragile then they already are. Confidence is the great equalizer and this is nowhere in evidance. Should Jersey score within the first few minutes the keystone cops will take over and the resulting loseing streak will be ugly.

Comment

This is superb, I like this board, especially this hockey talk!

Comment

Working...
                                X