No announcement yet.

The puck drops tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not like Jagr didn't have the chances either, spliting 4 players and driving to the net for a shot. When Jagr has the lone goal in a game it says alot about the charactor in the dressing room...
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

When the Rangers got Sean Avery (the Pest) last year,they won 11 straight games? or like 9 out of 11 games. The reason why I say he is the heart and soul of the rangers is because the Rangers themselves said that last year. Before Avery, they were just a mediocore team... Once they got him, they were one of the fav's to win the Cup. Everyone can say bad things about Avery, but as Jeremy Roenick (Sr. Pest) would say "Avery is a pretty good hockey player". And minus-Avery right now, Rangers aren't too good even with new guys like Drury and Gomez. Gomez came from a team that was defence first, whereas Drury came from an all offence team; They are both one of the best acquistions from free agency. I believe Rangers will get much much better, but time will tell :(

Leafs game last night was pretty exciting. There were alot of stars on the ice. Leafs managed to keep the lead in the 3rd period which I say CHEERS to them. Lets see how long this winning streak (2 games) lasts.

Comment

HERE COMES OVECHKIN!!!!! GO leafs Go!! And if Ovechkin gets a hat-trick,hopefully the leafs will still win

Comment

All Sean Avery will every be is a 3rd line forward with a 1st line mouth. I couldn't believe it in the playoffs, when he's criticizing the media for paying attention to the big game changers of the league having injuries and saying, well you know I was playing hurt too. What a joke! Send him to hockey hell in Nashville, so no one has to listen to him anymore.
          Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

The Canucks crash and burn again on Sunday.

The reason why the Canucks are losing games is that last year the defence did it all and this year they aren’t. The defence were scoring a lot of the Canucks’ goals, jumping in on the rush, and this year they aren’t. The defence were stingy and played great positional hockey, and this year they aren’t. That and the forwards are the same anemic offence that can’t seem to take the puck to the net against anyone but the worst teams. Having the injuries the Canucks did in training camp didn’t help things much either.

Bieksa has been a huge disappointment, but the rest of the defence hasn’t played very well either, compared to last season. It’s way too easy to gain the Canucks’ zone, but the Canucks look like they’re in a death match to do the same at the other end of the rink.

One problem the Canucks have had is leadership. Naslund is the result of the bad management idea that you make the most skilled guy on your team the captain, even if it doesn’t work in practice. And Naslund has great skills, even if he’s never been quite the same since the concussion Moore clocked him with. That wrist shot just isn’t there anymore. Naslund isn’t a guy who is going to drag his team through a playoff series, the way guys like Steve Yzerman could. Linden can motivate a team and is a good leader. He’s not the player he once was, but did lead the team in points during last season’s playoffs. He’s tried to be a good captain and you can tell that he really takes the job seriously, but you can also tell that he’s often uncomfortable with the role. Fans like Naslund, but currently his salary is one of the things keeping this team from being competitive, especially when he’s not living up to it.

Comment

What Leaf team,or rather,where were the Leafs.Ugly,Ugly,Ugly. This is not a team,its a nightmare collection of quitters.Tums won,t do it tonight. Pass the whiskey.

Comment

Sweet Chocolate Jesus! The Leafs just lost 7-1 at home to the Washington Capitals at home! I thought I could hear the booing from the Air Canada Centre when I opened the window...

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                  What Leaf team,or rather,where were the Leafs.Ugly,Ugly,Ugly. This is not a team,its a nightmare collection of quitters.Tums won,t do it tonight. Pass the whiskey.
                  I'll have vodka...

Comment

I am happy for Ovechkin for scoring 2 goals since he is my fav player. But i'm upset that the Leafs didn't win. Hmmm, so the win streak ends at 2 games

Comment

If you're a Leafs' fan who uses booze to console yourself over this season, you might want to go get your booze at a case lot sale now and get it over with...

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
                        The Canucks crash and burn again on Sunday.

The reason why the Canucks are losing games is that last year the defence did it all and this year they aren’t. The defence were scoring a lot of the Canucks’ goals, jumping in on the rush, and this year they aren’t. The defence were stingy and played great positional hockey, and this year they aren’t. That and the forwards are the same anemic offence that can’t seem to take the puck to the net against anyone but the worst teams. Having the injuries the Canucks did in training camp didn’t help things much either.

Bieksa has been a huge disappointment, but the rest of the defence hasn’t played very well either, compared to last season. It’s way too easy to gain the Canucks’ zone, but the Canucks look like they’re in a death match to do the same at the other end of the rink.

One problem the Canucks have had is leadership. Naslund is the result of the bad management idea that you make the most skilled guy on your team the captain, even if it doesn’t work in practice. And Naslund has great skills, even if he’s never been quite the same since the concussion Moore clocked him with. That wrist shot just isn’t there anymore. Naslund isn’t a guy who is going to drag his team through a playoff series, the way guys like Steve Yzerman could. Linden can motivate a team and is a good leader. He’s not the player he once was, but did lead the team in points during last season’s playoffs. He’s tried to be a good captain and you can tell that he really takes the job seriously, but you can also tell that he’s often uncomfortable with the role. Fans like Naslund, but currently his salary is one of the things keeping this team from being competitive, especially when he’s not living up to it.

I can't BELIEVE you said the exact same thing I said to this girl today!! She's from Vancouver and kept calling me names like "mean, racist" LMAO its not my fault I love Canadian hockey players more than European players (I am Canadian!). I actually believe that was the reason for their downfall, or atleast part of it; losing Bertuzzi was a big part aswell, and I'm not talking about him signing with Florida. If I was GM I'd so have gotten rid of Naslund or atleast stripped him of his Captaincy. Whats with Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver with Swedish captains? Swedish players are great, but they're not in the likes of Sakic/Iginla/Yzerman. I don't really want the best out of Vancouver because I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and us and those B.C mates have a thing going on

I just hope we win the cup before they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
                          If you're a Leafs' fan who uses booze to console yourself over this season, you might want to go get your booze at a case lot sale now and get it over with...
                          I'm already working on it. My girlfriend drives to Buffalo and back every week, and she doesn't mind going in and out of Duty free to grab her man a bottle of vodka at a low discount price

Comment

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
                            I can't BELIEVE you said the exact same thing I said to this girl today!! She's from Vancouver and kept calling me names like "mean, racist" LMAO its not my fault I love Canadian hockey players more than European players (I am Canadian!). I actually believe that was the reason for their downfall, or atleast part of it; losing Bertuzzi was a big part aswell, and I'm not talking about him signing with Florida. If I was GM I'd so have gotten rid of Naslund or atleast stripped him of his Captaincy. Whats with Toronto/Ottawa/Vancouver with Swedish captains? Swedish players are great, but they're not in the likes of Sakic/Iginla/Yzerman. I don't really want the best out of Vancouver because I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan and us and those B.C mates have a thing going on

I just hope we win the cup before they do.
                            Of all the swedish captains I'd rather have Sundin over all the others. That said your assessment of the Canucks is dead on, the defence isn't scoring, or defending for that matter and our Captain is not leading by example. Time for some trades.....

As for the Leafs, no comment for now, simply stunned they could just not show up after 2 decent games....

As for your freind from Vancouver she obviously is missing the point, players from different country's are taught to play with different styles, load up on too many with one style and you lose your versitility.
                            Last edited by smilingassassin; 30 Oct 07,, 05:55.
                            Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

I like Sundin now, but certainly not a few years ago, when he was an aweful leader on and off the ice. In the last few years he's really grown into the role. Not like Doug Gilmour, who was made for the role the moment he arrived in a trade.

Comment

What team will show up in Jersey Friday? It,s the incredible lack of interest this team displays that alarms me.The only fire on this team is in who should be fired first.

Comment

Working...
                                X