The puck drops tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mobbme View Post
    I don't know how you all feel, but I think Bob Hartley would be a better Coach for us? Maurice isn't that fiesty. He had tucker playing like a Finnish player (No Grit). Hartley is similar to Pat Quin, is not afraid to send out the tough guys to do some damage Bob Hartley is also a proven winner.
    I suspect thats because Tucker has a propencity to take some dumb penalty's and Maurice has toned him tone a bit. I don't think Maurice is having any effect on the team anymore, time to change the coach! If the thrashers were crazy enough to fire the guy after the first 6 games why not hire Bob Hartley?
    Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Watched the Leafs defeat the Pens. Strange to see a hockey team show up. Is it just another tease or are better things to come? I guess my spelling had better improve.(you people are such nit-pickers). Leafs and Rangers Saturday night, maybe I should label this the"Tums Report". Cheers.

Comment

Wow, they beat cid the kid and co.? They acctually showed up to play, hopefully they remember just what it feels like to win and keep it going.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Hope so.

But as history shows, not likely. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
            Watched the Leafs defeat the Pens. Strange to see a hockey team show up. Is it just another tease or are better things to come? I guess my spelling had better improve.(you people are such nit-pickers). Leafs and Rangers Saturday night, maybe I should label this the"Tums Report". Cheers.
            Leafs and Rangers, great. No defense vs. no offense. It'll either be a high scoring event or a yawner of a game full of sloppy puck handling that just can't capitalize on a leaky defense.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

No matter how well the Ottawa Senators do in the East, the Rangers will still be the team to beat in the playoffs... They played really well last year after acquiring their heart and soul "Avery"; He will be back very soon (or Is he back??). Rangers acquired Gomez and Drury. Need not say more. It will take time but they will kick some ass. West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone. Leafs, Lord Have Mercy On Us.

Comment

West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone.
                Hmmm....another Red Wings hater?Ah well it's lonely at the top....;) :)) .
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Who are these dudes in blue. Are the Leafs getting better defence or are the Rangers that bad on the offense. A win is a win I guess. As I sigh contently the mood is of course dampened by the Sens win in Jersey. No need for tums tonight. Cheers.

Comment

I was acctually impressed, the Leafs played agressively yet defencive enough to frustrate New York.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

No matter how well the Ottawa Senators do in the East, the Rangers will still be the team to beat in the playoffs... They played really well last year after acquiring their heart and soul "Avery"; He will be back very soon (or Is he back??). Rangers acquired Gomez and Drury. Need not say more. It will take time but they will kick some ass. West is just Anaheim, although I have a feeling San Jose might try to surprise everyone. Leafs, Lord Have Mercy On Us.
                      Unfortunately, the NHL is not a console game. Leadership and chemistry matter. The Rangers have never learned from their mistakes and keep trying to spend, spend, spend to get an all star team. If Gomez and Drury were defencemen, then it was a great offseason for the Rangers. Getting huge depth up front and ignoring the fact that they have no D is the main reason the Rangers are doing so poorly. Drury was a good acquisition. Gomez, not so much. When a guy is whiny in his last dressing room, bringing him into a dressing room filled with whiners isn't the solution. Having Jagr as your leader and captain is a joke. First off the ice and last off isn't exactly the kind of leadership that brings a team success in the Playoffs.

If Avery is the heart and soul of the Rangers, then they might as well resign Fleury and give him a bottle of Jack Daniels. The NHL would be best served by stapling Avery's mouth shut.
                      Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
                        Who are these dudes in blue. Are the Leafs getting better defence or are the Rangers that bad on the offense. A win is a win I guess. As I sigh contently the mood is of course dampened by the Sens win in Jersey. No need for tums tonight. Cheers.
                        The Rangers are even better at turning over the puck and bad defence than the Leafs. Toronto shouldn't change their coach. They should change their ownership. Changing anything below the board of directors won't mean anything since they are micromanaging the team into the ground. Fergie is a puppet. It's a crying shame to see a storied team so badly managed. Not that Boston and Chicago are being well run as original six teams...

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                          Hmmm....another Red Wings hater?Ah well it's lonely at the top....;) :)) .
                          I've always liked Detroit, you know except when Holmstrom is sitting on top of my home team goalie, Luongo...

Stevie Y was always one of my favourite players. You can really notice the difference in the playoffs, when he's not there, dragging the Wings kicking and screaming to the next round.

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
                            I've always liked Detroit, you know except when Holmstrom is sitting on top of my home team goalie, Luongo...

Stevie Y was always one of my favourite players. You can really notice the difference in the playoffs, when he's not there, dragging the Wings kicking and screaming to the next round.
                            Very true....it was a sad day for me when Steve retired.He was the kind of guy I love to watch play.He played HOCKEY by gawd,it was a lot of fun watching him mature as a player over the years.He might have lost a stride or two by the end but you're right,he was always the heart and soul of that team come playoff time.Honestly,I would hate Holstrum's guts if he didn't play for the Wings;) .
                            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If Avery is the heart and soul of the Rangers, then they might as well resign Fleury and give him a bottle of Jack Daniels. The NHL would be best served by stapling Avery's mouth shut.
                              Oh I dunno, get rid of the instigator rule and let the fighters do the stapling! Might as well make some money off the little puke.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Unfortunately, the NHL is not a console game. Leadership and chemistry matter. The Rangers have never learned from their mistakes and keep trying to spend, spend, spend to get an all star team. If Gomez and Drury were defencemen, then it was a great offseason for the Rangers. Getting huge depth up front and ignoring the fact that they have no D is the main reason the Rangers are doing so poorly. Drury was a good acquisition. Gomez, not so much. When a guy is whiny in his last dressing room, bringing him into a dressing room filled with whiners isn't the solution. Having Jagr as your leader and captain is a joke. First off the ice and last off isn't exactly the kind of leadership that brings a team success in the Playoffs.

I beg to differ. Defense is certainly suspect for the Rangers. But their offense is what really stinks right now. How can you not score more than 2 goals a game with the likes of Jagr, Drury, and Shanny?
                                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X