The puck drops tonight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exarecr View Post
    The universe is back in alienment, and the leafs will win the cup....not likely but my wife scooped 2 tickets in section 1a at the ACC in Dec against Tampa. Close enough to smell the poutine on Lacavier,s breath as his face is crushed against the glass in sweet cruncheness. How sweet is that. I think my new Barbacue may be delayed a bit though cause you would not believe what they cost. Cheers.

WOW!!!! ARE YOU FORREAL??? Those are the hardest seats to get. Leaf tickets are like always sold out; I hear by 8 years... Why can't all guys get married to such great women like your wife.

Cheers bro, I hope Leafs blow them out that game

Comment

Originally posted by smilingassassin View Post
      Heh, lemmi guess in addition to a giveaway he got caught doing his signature move, the can opener.

hahahahahaha I remember that move!! He actually got injured "performing" that so he stopped hhehehehe

He actually put the puck into his own net, thus costing them the game

Comment

I am giddy and my son has this glazed look I believe is ecstasy. My loveing wife will of course be spending the same amount of money on "female must haves",whatever the hell that means but I think I should be somewhat frightened and a little lighter in the wallet.

Comment

hhahaha I could imagine

Comment

Just watched the clash of the Titans(Leafs vs Atlanta)and naturally Toronto had to loose again, this time against the worst team in the NHL.Pass the tums please.

Comment

I want to see Leafs against Kings, 2 of the worst teams in the NHL. Neither team has any goaltending. Lots of well known players but none can play any serious defense. McCabe is as good on offese as he is poor on defense. Leafs got Toskala to boost goaltending but he's as faulty as Raycroft. Kings have not had a real goalie since Rogie Vachon. This year they have 3 3rd stringers trying to win a job. It should be a high scoring affair. Not good for my shoulder and throat.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

It's nice to see that after long years of waiting, the Chicago Blackhawks are worth watching again. Hopefully, new ownership does something about locally blacking out their games, so someone can see that. Toews and Kane are outstanding. TSN is showing more Pittsburgh games and that's all right by me. They're one of the most entertaining teams to watch these days.

The Canucks have been pretty painful to watch this season. They have a great goalie, but everything else isn't going so well. I'm hoping it's just a matter of getting the chemistry again from having all the new players in their lineup. They still feel the same way they did going into the Playoffs: one North American scoring forward short of a team. If only they could pass, shoot, and score they might have some offense...

I am happy to see the Rangers floundering from their all star locker room of bad chemistry; see anyone plus Jagr being bad chemistry.

I never figured how everyone figured that Keenan was going to turn Calgary around. Last I checked they've had some pretty good coaching and Keenan doesn't lace up. If anything Calgary fans are going to have to worry that Keenan will piss off the Kipper so bad he goes and signs somewhere else.
                Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

Poor bloody Oilers

I watched Colorado and Edmonton play tonight. It's like watching something out of the Wizard of Oz. You have the team with no talent against the team with no goalie. Edmonton has always had a fast skating team, so at least you get entertained when your team gets smoked on all the time, but it still must be painful. I have some sympathy for the Oilers because at least they play hockey when their team is bad, unlike most of the recent expansion teams, who don't move from the blue line after the national anthems are sung.

Once Colorado is finally clear of the yoke of Theodore's contract and can get a real goalie they're going to be a contender. Until then they're just going to score a lot of pretty goals in between stacking their bodies around the net and hoping for the best.
                  Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

Raycroft needs a home.Take him and the four or five we know who are over paid and re-up with youth. In a couple of years "presto",a hockey team will emerge. Watching this team now is like haveing a root canal every time they drop the puck.

Comment

I keep telling myself and others that the Leafs will get better. Time and time again they don't cease to dissapoint. The emergence of Antropov is the only bright spot; we've never given up on him and it's paying off now. I'm usually into teams that are winners, Miami Heat/San Antonio Spurs/Yankees/Bosox/Patriots/colts/, because you could cheer them on all the way to the end. Even if they don't win the championship you could tell your self that they will win it the following year, and actually believe that prediction. The maple leafs have done nothing but dissapointed me year after year; brought me to tears when they eliminated the Senators few years ago in playoffs and then brought me to tears again when Philidelphia eliminated "our" Leafs. I'm still sitting here finding it hard to reject the maple leafs and just cheer on Anaheim throughout the whole season. Anaheim is guaranteed to go to the finals once again, and Toronto is still thinking about that 8th spot tomake the playoffs.

Comment

Whats really painfull is Leafs players are getting similar points to other teams like Ottawa, with well rounded scoring. Its their defence thats the main problem, they need to get some good solid defencemen in their line up to help out Raycroft and Toskola and get the win. Loosing against Atlanta is simply unacceptable and isn't a good sign.

I have tickets to see the Canucks vs. Colorado, hopefully its $90 well spent.

As for Calgary, they may be good, average or even bad but Keenan will transform the team to the point that in a few years they will have a solid team thats a few good players away from a serious stanley cup contender.
                        Last edited by smilingassassin; 25 Oct 07,, 18:36.
                        Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

Originally posted by Maggot View Post
                          It's nice to see that after long years of waiting, the Chicago Blackhawks are worth watching again. Hopefully, new ownership does something about locally blacking out their games, so someone can see that. Toews and Kane are outstanding. TSN is showing more Pittsburgh games and that's all right by me. They're one of the most entertaining teams to watch these days.
                          Chicago will be better later this year when they get Havlat back. The guy is so prone to injury he didn't even wait for the first game of the year to finish before he went on the IR. He's talented though. He can average over a point a game. Just needs to stay healthy for more than 3 days in a row.

I am happy to see the Rangers floundering from their all star locker room of bad chemistry; see anyone plus Jagr being bad chemistry.
                          It's just funny to watch a team with Drury, Jagr, and Shanahan losing games 1-0.

I never figured how everyone figured that Keenan was going to turn Calgary around. Last I checked they've had some pretty good coaching and Keenan doesn't lace up. If anything Calgary fans are going to have to worry that Keenan will piss off the Kipper so bad he goes and signs somewhere else.
                          How does Keenan keep getting a job? He has ruined every single team he has ever coached by raiding the farm systems and alienating star players. I can't believe there are no more qualified coaches around the NHL.

I'm going to see the Kings and Oilers this Saturday. It'll be great to hear the Canadian anthem again.
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I don't know how you all feel, but I think Bob Hartley would be a better Coach for us? Maurice isn't that fiesty. He had tucker playing like a Finnish player (No Grit). Hartley is similar to Pat Quin, is not afraid to send out the tough guys to do some damage Bob Hartley is also a proven winner.

Comment

Tonite the Leafs are up against Sid the Kid and the rest of the Penguins so it should be close untill they drop the puck. Team needs an awful lot of grit and determination and that won,t come untill they draft fewer Europeons.

Comment

[QUOTE=Exarecr;419955]
                                Team needs an awful lot of grit and determination and that won,t come untill they draft fewer Europeons.

Peons? I expect some of them were urban dwellers where they came from.:)
                                Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                                X