No announcement yet.

ghost fleet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears the LAST pure Ammunition Ship, Flint (AE-32) was sold from the Beaumont Reserve Fleet to All Star Metals of Brownsville, TX on November 24, 2015 for a mere $51,819.

https://voa.marad.dot.gov/Solicitati...NAL Signed.pdf

Comment

• Has the the ex Independence left Puget Sound/Bremerton yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Archdude View Post
        Has the the ex Independence left Puget Sound/Bremerton yet?
        No, there hasn't been a contract for Indy issued yet.

I imagine the Navy will have to deal with Saratoga first. Since ESCO had 18 months to dismantle her and that just expired. The USN may need to repo Sara and re-contract her out.

All Star is now done with Forrestal but has Comet, Meteor and Flint at the moment, and they only have one scrapping slip. ISL has Ranger and Constellation, so probably have their hands full at the moment.

Comment

• I had no idea the Mexican navy had a surplus battleship! LOL

Comment

• Uribe class - BB .....

Originally posted by Ken_NJ View Post
            I had no idea the Mexican navy had a surplus battleship! LOL

:) well it may not show in Jane's as a BB but it was a neat little video.
            Go Pro cameras offer a glimpse of the underwater world that I do not care to journey but I enjoy the view ....

Comment

• You have no idea what you are missing under water. I'm an advanced diver and have dived many locations throughout the Philippines. Quite a world down there and much can be seen even at 50 feet around the islands. Does get kind of dark down at 110 feet so you might not care for that.

Comment

• I use to dive myself. Although diving in the darkish waters off of New Jesery is nothing to rave about, there is much to see, many wrecks. Now diving in Bermuda or the Florida Keys was nice.

Comment

• I couldn't do SCUBA because I can't pop my ears beyond 10 or 12 feet. BUT I did enjoy Snorkel diving with my kid brother off the Palos Verdes peninsula a number of times.

But my greatest experience with deep diving was when I worked with the crew of SEALB II and later on with our own LBNSY divers where one time I monitored the video of our divers under the Missouri inspecting the Zinc anodes and any possible corrosion on the hull. And I still have a copy of that tape.
                  Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

• I see NAVSEA has not updated its inactive pdf since Aug last year. Any ideas when this will change?

Comment

• The Barry (DD 933) will leave the Washington Navy Yard on May 7th, but it is going to Philadelphia and not to a shipbreaker.

Story here: http://www.cnic.navy.mil/regions/ndw...hip-barry.html

Does anyone know if the Gates (CG 51) or the Doyle (FFG 39) have left there yet? TerraServer doesn't have any recent images of the reserve basin available.

Comment

• Barry has left D.C.
                        https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...mepage%2Fstory

Comment

• before the mast-ectomy ...

Last of my pictures taken in February as off loading commenced @ WNY....
                          Didn't recognized her with the mast-ectomy.....
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Normal service resumed at SBRF?

The Cape Blanco (AK-5060) is to be recycled by All Star Metals. It will leave the reserve fleet 16th June for cleaning at Mare Island. The total cost to Marad will be about $1.8m. Interestingly the contract with All Star is very specific about the period of performance dates - suggests there have disputes about these with shipbreakers in the past:

https://voa.marad.dot.gov/Solicitati...PE BLANCO).pdf

That only leaves two Cape B vessels to remove to complete the court order.
                            Last edited by tyrosalt; 13 May 16,, 13:17. Reason: Link had to be edited

Comment

• Google maps has Finally updated their views over Brownsville. One can now see three CV's being disposed of.

Comment

• Brownsville, TX, capital of razor blades :(

Further south, across the border, you'll find Playa Bagdad...

Comment

Working...
                                X