No announcement yet.

Nuclear power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in favour. There's risks, but so long as safety procedures are followed that's not a problem. Safety has been a huge issue with nuclear plants, and so it's been developed a whole hell of a lot. The safety measures available for nuclear power plants these days definitely make nuclear power safe enough to operate on a much larger scale that currently.

Every power source has its advantages and disadvantages, but I think today the benefits of nuclear energy outweigh the drawbacks. It's cheap after the initial investment, clean, and doesn't rely on a bunch of crazy guys out in the desert to work.

No single source is going to meet our energy needs, but nuclear can definitely be a big part of it if we'll just pull our balls out of our back pocket and get to it.

Comment

The residue of nuclear power generation is toxic. If we can agree on that, where can it be disposed of in a manner so that it will we not be used as a threat to our progeny? Wherever it appears, radioactive elements are detrimental to human health. To say we can contain this danger beyond our lietime is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
        No that's news to me. Can you provide a link?
        David Hahn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        HD Ready?

Comment

This guy is an incredible moron for tampering with radioactive materials! He deserves a Darwin Award. I hope that the radiation had stunted his sperm that he cannot fertilize anyone and pass his genes.

Comment

This guy is an incredible moron for tampering with radioactive materials! He deserves a Darwin Award. I hope that the radiation had stunted his sperm that he cannot fertilize anyone and pass his genes.

Comment

Still, you have to admire his ingenuity and balls.
              HD Ready?

Comment

Originally posted by texacali View Post
                The residue of nuclear power generation is toxic. If we can agree on that, where can it be disposed of in a manner so that it will we not be used as a threat to our progeny? Wherever it appears, radioactive elements are detrimental to human health. To say we can contain this danger beyond our lietime is absurd.
                There is always the Mariana Trench.

Good lord, he really is a boyscout. He's trying to build one again, apparently?

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                  Still, you have to admire his ingenuity and balls.
                  The latter are almost certainly radioactive.
                  Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

All the more reason to admire them.
                    HD Ready?

Comment

Hahahahahhahah

Comment

Originally posted by HistoricalDavid View Post
                        All the more reason to admire them.
                        You wanna admire those glowing green balls? Be my guest. Just wear a Hazmat suit.

Comment

Brings a whole new meaning to 'protection'.

Comment

Friends, atomic energy is an essential power generation platform for humanity's future. Present & past energies advocates efforts to undermine the same have a potent ally in public ignorrance. From the mother of all fuels: wood, western ingenuity has led to a series of energy innovations which must in the name of progress be exploited.

I discourage the Lluditism inherent in scare-mongering over wastefuels, ethanol, biodiesel, peanut oil, solar & wind farming & especially fission which is being artificially suppressed in most of the developed world.
                            "If we will not be governed by God then we will be ruled by tyrants" -William Penn

Comment

Where did this young man obtain enough fissile material to create a pile?
                              Was it from the lesser AtWt elements, cesium, et al, or where?

Comment

It should say in my wiki article. Basically, a combination of everyday sources, e.g. fire alarms, and a risky scheme where he pretended to be an academic doing research.
                                HD Ready?

Comment

Working...
                                X