Overrated US Armed forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    He said he's in Germany to visit parents for 2 weeks.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/lan...tml#post403937
    Hey, I didn't say how long the clock was ticking for
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      How peculiar. Your uncle wasn't in the Rangers AND you aren't posting from America. Zurich as close as I can make out on cursory inspection with a partial wade through the proxies.

Care to explain why you've been fibbing to us?

Oh, the clock is ticking.......:)

WOW...

As I sad I am in Stuttgart. I don't know why you are that interested in my life.

I asked my father, where my uncle was. He don't know which unit, but he was in Gulf War. But he was never involved in an direct battle. (so I think he wasn't a ranger - my fault sorry.)

I just wanted to know if it is true that the Armed Forces are underrated. I received an answer. Thats what I wanted. Nothing more.

I will now take my time to study the member introduction.

And again, thanks for your answers
      Last edited by EAGLE22; 08 Sep 07,, 13:37.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE22 View Post
        WOW...

As I sad I am in Stuttgart. I don't know why you are that interested in my life.

I asked my father, where my uncle was. He don't know which unit, but he was in Gulf War. But he was never involved in an direct battle. (so I think he wasn't a ranger - my fault sorry.)

I just wanted to know if it is true that the Armed Forces are underrated. I received an answer. Thats what I wanted. Nothing more.

We're interested because you've made some VERY bold claims about having direct knowledge, and now you've doubled back on them. It doesn't look good, and this forum is no stranger to fakers.
        My advice would be to establish someone's credentials as genuine before passing on their opinions as gospel. That and you should do a little more research my man.
        Last edited by -{SpoonmaN}-; 09 Sep 07,, 00:47.

Comment

WOW...

Ich bin zinking das , ein can ov ze vurms opened has been Ja ?
          Last edited by tankie; 09 Sep 07,, 13:35.

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
            We're interested because you've made some VERY bold claims about having direct knowledge, and now you've doubled back on them. It doesn't look good, and this forum is no stranger to fakers.
            My advice would be to establish someone's credentials as genuine before passing on their opinions as gospel. That and you should do a little more research my man.
            why am I a faker??? I haven't done anything wrong. You want to kick me because I had a question? Isn't it normal to question something in forum???

sorry that makes me angry, thanks to the guys who answered my questions. I'll look for another forum.
            Last edited by EAGLE22; 09 Sep 07,, 15:07.

Comment

why am I a faker??? I haven't done anything wrong. You want to kick me because I had a question? Isn't it normal to question something in forum???

sorry that makes me angry, thanks to the guys who answered my questions. I'll look for another forum.
              He mentioned nothing about kicking you, not a single word to say so implicitly or explicitly. In other words, among all the other things we don't like around here that Spoon mentioned, we also don't like when others try to put words in our mouth. If such rules of etiquette-checking your sources before posting something outlandish, not putting words into people's mouths, and introducing yourself and your credentials so that we know who you are speaking to-if such rules are too much for you to understand as a grown 22 year old man, I'm not quite sure you should be joining any forum at all. We have Indirect Fire who is 13 and can still understand how to conduct himself. So what's the malfunction soldier?
              In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
              The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
                It doesn't look good, and this forum is no stranger to fakers.

And what does that mean? Ok let I let be. I'll try what you suggested.
                Last edited by EAGLE22; 09 Sep 07,, 22:12.

Comment

It's ok man they juts hate you because you're a working class proletariat. Don't take it personally. (no please don't kill me, the voices in my head made my type it :D)

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post

Korea is not too far back for memory. Vietnam is another case in point! US had put everything into Vietnam excepting nukes. Chemical War (Agent Orange) was also undertaken and yet...........

Sir, was the Vietnam War not a limited war? I thought the reason they didn't win is that they didn't go all out. They didn't hit targets up north etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
                    Originally posted by GVChamp
                    College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Stan187 View Post
                      Claiming heritage and declaring yourself half-Canadian or half-American is not the same thing in my mind.

If I have a child with my long term girlfriend you can bet your ass he/she will be half Canadian. I as the father am Canadian my partner is Australian, my child will be half Canuck and half Aussie.

The reason is that my child will have claim to two distinct heritages to claim as their own.
                      College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
                        Astralis, calll me dense, it still doesn't explain the need for some Americans to add the hyphonated ethnic tag ... - American.
                        I'm fully aware that almost all Americans are proud of being an American and many without the ethnic tag can still proudly trace their ancestry back to the old countries.
                        I know it's not a big thing, its just an oddity I noticed over there, and one I didn't pick up on, up in Canada (I forget the French-Canadians, and even they according to OoE now prefere the term Quebecois. Neither have I picked up on it emmigrant heavy countries like Australia or New Zealand.

The Italians-Australians here in Carlton would disagree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

Of course we are all Irish-Americans on St. Patricks day just so we can drink beer and start bar fights.

Then we are all German-Americans during Oktoberfest so we can drink beer and start bar fights for the entire month.

Thanks for that first time I laughed well all day!

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
                            Sir, was the Vietnam War not a limited war? I thought the reason they didn't win is that they didn't go all out. They didn't hit targets up north etc.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.
                            The US did not bomb NV?

Why not physically attack is a question that some US person may like to answer.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Expat Canuck View Post
                              Thanks for that first time I laughed well all day!
                              Oh man, you should read this forum for my wisdom more often.

Thank you all. I'll be here all week.

And did you know we are all Mexican-Americans here in California every 5th of May so we can drink tequila and start soccer riots?
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Well California is going to turn into North Mexico at this rate.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

Working...
                                X