No announcement yet.

Overrated US Armed forces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So wait does that make me an Elven-American?

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE22 View Post
      Hi, I'm new here, and I just wanted to say I live in America since 6 months (i'm from Germany). So believe me, when I say, that I really love America. I like this country like no other all over the world.

I heard from an Uncle who served in the US Army for 2 years (Operation desert storm, 75th Ranger Regiment) and he told me: "it's a shame, how people overrate the US armed forces"

(From now on correct me if you want to do so) After what I heard from him,
      I would rate the US Armed forces on the third rank (world)
      1. CHINA/INDIA
      2. RUSSIA / evt. UK
      3. USA

...why?

some points:

1. US Armed Forces have huge problems to calm the situation in iraq down (against a army of farmers and civilists)

2. US Armed Forces are using old (i mean really old) equipment.

few examples:

Tanks: M1A1 (aswell other variants, developed for Cold War, I heard in the TV that this tank is no match for a LEO or a Chelly and even not for a RPG-7), M2, (Stryker is a piece of crap) seen that and seeing that in Iraq.

Rifles: M16 (developed in Vietnam), this rifle is simply out of date and has no chance against modern assault rifles like the German G36.

USAF: Has not enough Air Transport capability, has damn old models like the C-130 or starlifter

US Army: The AH-64D isn't on the same level as modern models like the Tiger or some russian choppers (Havoc). Several of these models were shot down in Iraq (AH-1W too) by some primitive RPG's etc...

these are just a few arguments.

What are you thinking about that?

Not a good start at all.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        amled,

as stan says, it doesn't necessarily mean that the immigrants view themselves as "half-american." they add their ethnic origins on, because america is one of the few countries in the world that allow one to celebrate their cultural origins while acknowledging their status as true americans. a patriotic chinese-american is, all at once, remarkably different and similar to an irish-american.
        Astralis, calll me dense, it still doesn't explain the need for some Americans to add the hyphonated ethnic tag ... - American.
        I'm fully aware that almost all Americans are proud of being an American and many without the ethnic tag can still proudly trace their ancestry back to the old countries.
        I know it's not a big thing, its just an oddity I noticed over there, and one I didn't pick up on, up in Canada (I forget the French-Canadians, and even they according to OoE now prefere the term Quebecois. Neither have I picked up on it emmigrant heavy countries like Australia or New Zealand.
        When we blindly adopt a religion, a political system, a literary dogma, we become automatons. We cease to grow. - Anais Nin

Comment

Originally posted by Amled View Post
          Astralis, calll me dense, it still doesn't explain the need for some Americans to add the hyphonated ethnic tag ... - American.
          I'm fully aware that almost all Americans are proud of being an American and many without the ethnic tag can still proudly trace their ancestry back to the old countries.
          I know it's not a big thing, its just an oddity I noticed over there, and one I didn't pick up on, up in Canada (I forget the French-Canadians, and even they according to OoE now prefere the term Quebecois. Neither have I picked up on it emmigrant heavy countries like Australia or New Zealand.
          It's a way to divide and conquer.

Media needs contraversy. If everyone is the same, then how can we stir the pot and get some outrage going?

Hey look, this African-American with his Latino friend was harassed by two white policemen! Out comes Jesse with his typical racist motives to generate some votes for his congressman son and donation for his racist club.

Think I'm kidding? Tiger Woods was intervied by a network news show once. The interviewer, I forgot her name, asked him how he feels to be the role model of African-American youth. Tiger said he's not just a role model for African-American youth, but hoped to be a role model for all kids who want to succeed. The interviewer asked again if he felt more special to be an African-American role model for African-American youth. Tiger answered again that he wanted to be looked up to by all kids.

Of course we are all Irish-Americans on St. Patricks day just so we can drink beer and start bar fights.

Then we are all German-Americans during Oktoberfest so we can drink beer and start bar fights for the entire month.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            Of course we are all Irish-Americans on St. Patricks day just so we can drink beer and start bar fights.
            I was supposed to wait until St.Patty's Day?Crap....and who said I started it?
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post

Then we are all German-Americans during Oktoberfest so we can drink beer and start bar fights for the entire month.
              And on Chinese New Year, the White Man outnumbers us in Chinatown 10 to 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                And on Chinese New Year, the White Man outnumbers us in Chinatown 10 to 1.
                No way!

I didn't know Chinese New Year is a big deal there too. Is there a big Chinese population where you are?

Comment

The closest Chinatowns would be Ottawa and Kingston and easily, on Chinese New Year, they will be swamped by local politicians and invites to the parties. After that would be Montreal and Toronto and if you goto the small shops, they will still be dominated by Chinese but the big ones? Forget it. The Mayor and Parties will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE22 View Post
                    Hi, I'm new here, and I just wanted to say I live in America since 6 months (i'm from Germany). So believe me, when I say, that I really love America. I like this country like no other all over the world.

I heard from an Uncle who served in the US Army for 2 years (Operation desert storm, 75th Ranger Regiment) and he told me: "it's a shame, how people overrate the US armed forces"
                    How peculiar. Your uncle wasn't in the Rangers AND you aren't posting from America. Zurich as close as I can make out on cursory inspection with a partial wade through the proxies.

Care to explain why you've been fibbing to us?

Oh, the clock is ticking.......:)
                    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post

punk, your clock is ticking awfully fast....clint "josh" eastwood
                      The one reason I wanna be a mod.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                        How peculiar. Your uncle wasn't in the Rangers AND you aren't posting from America. Zurich as close as I can make out on cursory inspection with a partial wade through the proxies.

Care to explain why you've been fibbing to us?

He said he's in Germany to visit parents for 2 weeks.

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/lan...tml#post403937

Comment

Originally posted by Shamus View Post
                          I was supposed to wait until St.Patty's Day?Crap....and who said I started it?

Comment

Originally posted by Feanor View Post
                            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by -{SpoonmaN}- View Post
                              Not a good start at all.
                              I've seen better. Haven't seen many worse.
                              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                                I've seen better. Haven't seen many worse.
                                Doesn't take instruction well either,or gentle coaching .Of course,neither do I .

Comment

Working...
                                X