Georgia Says It Fired on Russian Plane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Georgia Says It Fired on Russian Plane

TBILISI, Georgia (AP) - Georgian forces fired on a Russian plane flying over Georgian territory earlier this week, a government official said Friday, claiming residents nearby reported an explosion and forest fire afterward.
    "The day before yesterday, at 22:24 hours, fire was opened at a Russian plane over Upper Abkhazia," Interior Ministry spokesman Shota Utiashvili told The Associated Press.

He said authorities could not confirm the plane crashed, but that residents of the remote area reported hearing an explosion and seeing forest burning.

Georgia Says It Fired on Russian Plane

Hmm. How much does a nocturnal transgression of airspace cost - compared to a forest fire?
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

The forest fire is in Abkhazia, which is basically independent. They'd be the ones putting out the fire.

Comment

Georgia is trying god damn hard to get NATO involved with a fight with Russia.
        Cold war days are over, Russia arent the world's biggest problems, people with beard, chanting extremism are. Hopefully NATO would not antogonize Russia further, It is stupid to push Russia to corner and make'em paranoid..When we all have a common enemy

Comment

The forest fire is in Abkhazia, which is basically independent. They'd be the ones putting out the fire.
          OK.

So, they are not part of Georgia now, right?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
            Cold war days are over, Russia arent the world's biggest problems, people with beard, chanting extremism are. Hopefully NATO would not antogonize Russia further, It is stupid to push Russia to corner and make'em paranoid..When we all have a common enemy
            Who sent someone to run around London nilly-willy with radioactive material and use it to kill Litvenenko? p-u-t-i-n

Who was it that made a thinly veiled threat against Geogria joining NATO? p-u-t-i-n

Comment

Originally posted by Lunatock View Post
              Who sent someone to run around London nilly-willy with radioactive material and use it to kill Litvenenko? p-u-t-i-n

Who was it that made a thinly veiled threat against Geogria joining NATO? p-u-t-i-n

Lol, What do you think USA would have told had Mexico decided to join the Soviet Union?

Litvenenko..I aint a russian supporter, but we all have a more important problem now. That is the crazy guy OBL types, atleast russians are rational and we can talk to them, and they have sense of humanity.

Comment

They are already paranoid - always have been.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by dalem View Post
                  They are already paranoid - always have been.

-dale

On serious Note, I highly doubt georgia's claims. They shot something, but they cant get to it,
                  They say it after two days of shooting.
                  They say it is Russian, while they dont have much credible evidence to support it

Shooting at something, is not something a responsbile naiton does. is it just me or is Georgia trying to strong arm NATO to into intervening, by making a wierd situation.
                  Last edited by Adux; 25 Aug 07,, 17:28.

Comment

Lol, What do you think USA would have told had Mexico decided to join the Soviet Union?
                    coughCubacough

Litvenenko..I aint a russian supporter, but we all have a more important problem now.

Yeah, that's the way you do it...ex-KGB poisoned in the UK, just sweep the problem under the rug and quickly ignore it. Georgi Markov 1978.........

Nothing but the name on the door has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
                      coughCubacough
                      And I suppose, US has very friendly relationship with Cuba.

Comment

Originally posted by Kansas Bear View Post
                        coughCubacough

Yeah, that's the way you do it...ex-KGB poisoned in the UK, just sweep the problem under the rug and quickly ignore it. Georgi Markov 1978.........

Nothing but the name on the door has changed.
                        Can't they find another country to perform their 'wet jobs' in? I'm beginning to get miffed.
                        Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                          Can't they find another country to perform their 'wet jobs' in? I'm beginning to get miffed.
                          Somehow Britain has the habit of providing a safe haven for Chechen terrorist and Oligarch's....I can see why it is britain is field for their wet jobs.

Comment

When I read the title of this thread I keep seeing this image of a couple of rednecks blasting bird shot at a low flying Mig: "I think I winged 'im Earl!"
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

And I suppose, US has very friendly relationship with Cuba.

Something about(1962) missiles.....
                              Last edited by Kansas Bear; 25 Aug 07,, 22:29.

Comment

Working...
                              X