Putting a link in a few words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll just move up and click on this bit so it is highlighted
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Then while holding down the CTL key I'll also press the 'c' key, thus copying the address into a scrapbook. (Don't worry about where the scapbook is, it doesn't matter)

Leibniz

Comment

Next, back at WAB, having pressed post reply or some such, I get this screen

Leibniz

Comment

I type in the word Source, and highlight it with the mouse

Leibniz

Comment

Next I move up to the little icon in the toolbar above

Leibniz

Comment

When I press it, this happens.

(Note that you explorer users will get an altogether cruder looking box mid screen but the message is the same, as is what you do next)

Leibniz

Comment

By simply holding down the CTRL key and pressing the 'v' key, the URL or internet address of the news article gets pasted into the little box.

Leibniz

Comment

Press 'ok' and you should end up with this

Source

Leibniz

Comment

Another thing to consider.

under User CP

Leibniz

Comment

Select 'Edit Options"

Leibniz

Comment

And down the bottom of the screen under the title miscellaneous you will find this

Leibniz

Comment

make sure the 'message editor interface' is set to the one shown, namely
                          "Standard editor - extra formatting controls", otherwise the insert url icon doesn't appear.

Leibniz

Comment

Don't forget when changing your editor formating controls that you 'save changes' at the bottom of the screen

Leibniz

Comment

One more suggestion, if your web browser has tabs, use them so you can swap easily between my descriptions here and your attempt on whatever thread: if you don't have tabs, get firefox and then you will.

Leibniz

Comment

Harry Parka, I am lost in admiration of your skills. Ever considered writing an illustrated book for the vast majority of computer users?
                                Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                                X