Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something unusual I saw while at the beach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something unusual I saw while at the beach?

My parents used to own a house up it Delawere, and one time while we were at the beach I saw a a couple F-18 Hornets flying a little off the coast, However with their markings instead of having US Navy or US Marine Corps markings they had Royal Canadian Airforce markings, I was thinking isn't it a little out of their range to be flying this far south away from Canada? So I figured their squadron must be visiting Dover Airforce Base or something. However it was still something exciting and out of the ordinary to see.

Originally posted by Kevin Brown View Post
    My parents used to own a house up it Delawere, and one time while we were at the beach I saw a a couple F-18 Hornets flying a little off the coast, However with their markings instead of having US Navy or US Marine Corps markings they had Royal Canadian Airforce markings, I was thinking isn't it a little out of their range to be flying this far south away from Canada? So I figured their squadron must be visiting Dover Airforce Base or something. However it was still something exciting and out of the ordinary to see.
    Prolly joint training.

However, they could've been doing weapons tests at Pax River.

Comment

There's a LOT of joint work between the US and Canada. There are 30 or 40 Canadian personnel stationed at my base.

Comment

Sometime ago I was taking a breather from my Cycling along the coastal path, when I heard an aircraft engine, so taking a look see, I was astonished to see a low flying Spitfire gracing the blue skies, a truly magnificent sight

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Jones View Post
          I was astonished to see a low flying Spitfire gracing the blue skies, a truly magnificent sight
          Oh WOW Now THAT would be cool!

I was talking with our HR director a month or so ago when I heard the loudest multi-engine prop machine approaching. I put the meeting on hold and dashed outside in time to see a low-flying B-17 leisurely going by.

At quitting time that same day, as I was waiting for my commuter-mate, I heard the same racket. This time it was a B-24

(THL has pictures of her small roommate cavorting around that particular pair of warbirds, they fly around the country giving tours and flights)

This afternoon as my commuter-mate and I were getting fast food for lunch, I heard the distinctive thudding of rotors Whumpwhumpwumpwumpwump and instantly spotted the Huey chopper flying towards us...love that sound!
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I saw the B-17G landing at the air port near by twice. I think I saw a B-24 once. And a Starship.

All I have to say is the B-17 is a very small airplane compared to the monsters we have today.

Oh yeah, it's $500 for a 30 min ride in the B-17G here.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Here's one for ya Bob,from our Willow Run Airshow
              Attached Files
              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

This is the picture I was looking for,this is a work of art...same show
                Attached Files
                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  And a Starship.
                  Saw a Starship in flight over my neighborhood once a couple years ago.

Talk about fascination and love at first sight...
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Those roundels threw me for a second. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
                      Those roundels threw me for a second. lol
                      You're not the only one Jimmy,every aircraft devotee' who sees that picture says "Wow,nice Spit....er...Mustang??

Comment

This is still my favorite:)
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                          Saw a Starship in flight over my neighborhood once a couple years ago.

Talk about fascination and love at first sight...
                          You mean this one? Vulcan. Alberta.
                          Attached Files
                          Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
                            You mean this one? Vulcan. Alberta.
                            Well no, but of all the Star Trek starships, I've always preferred the refit Enterprise to anything else. :)

Beechcraft (Raytheon) Starship:

Comment

Very cool TH:)

Comment

Working...
                              X