Climate Change is real!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Xiaohaha View Post
    Global Warming is obviously fake and fabricated, that's why 190 nations are talking about it in Bali right now. So they could exchange and embrace these fabricated wild lies. Yep.
    Ain't that the truth! Would you readily give up an all expenses paid holiday jaunt in the paradise island of Bali? They didn't.
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      This website was refered to me so I can "open my mind" to the reality of "global climate change."

Climate change: A guide for the perplexed - earth - 16 May 2007 - New Scientist Environment

It debunks all the myths of the debunking of the global warming myth....
      The article is garbage. I didn't check everything but the things I checked were nonsense. For example, anyone who thinks computers can model future climate doesn't understand climate or the limits of computers.
      http://www.warwickhughes.com/hoyt/scorecard.htm

Scientists cannot predict the behavior of the sun or volcanoes both of which can significantly predict climate. Computers that cannot predict short term weather cannot predict the more distant future because as time goes by any minor inaccuracy will be magnified.

The alleged greenhouse gas process does not exist in physics.

the following has a post with a lot of links to sites questioning global warming.

Global Warming = Science Fiction

As does my blog especially the most current post

ReasonMcLucus : My Telegraph

Summary for the Gullible : January 2008 : ReasonMcLucus : My Telegraph
      Last edited by reasonmclucus; 01 Jan 08,, 07:03. Reason: add link
      There must be no barriers for freedom of inquiry. R. Oppenheimer

Comment

• Originally posted by wkllaw View Post
        Climate change is real, the question is whether its man-made or not.

Honestly, I don't care because we need whatever possible to convince people to conserve resources more and to use renewable energy sources. That way, the air is cleaner, landfills are smaller and we don't have to depend as much on unstable countries for resources.
        False claims about environmental problems discredit legitimate efforts to clean eliminate real environmental problems. In other words don't cry "wolf" unless there really is a wolf present.

Comment

• Originally posted by reasonmclucus View Post
          In other words don't cry "wolf" unless there really is a wolf present.
          Or if you're bored and want attention.
          I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by taygone View Post
            At $3 a gallon, I'll play Barney :^)

FOXNews.com - Study: Circulation Shift May Be Melting Arctic Sea Ice - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News

Above is the link and below is the text (minus links and ads) of what else might cause the artic to melt besides Global Warming.

Global warming may not be the only reason Arctic ice is rapidly melting, a new study suggests.
            A University of Washington team, analyzing data from a NASA satellite and NOAA deep-sea pressure gauges, concludes that the Arctic Ocean is undergoing a circulation reversal.
            The reversal appears to be tied to a decade-long atmospheric cycle known as the Arctic Oscillation, which could explain part of the past two decades' dramatic fluctuations in sea ice.
            "Our study confirms many changes seen in upper Arctic Ocean circulation in the 1990s were mostly decadal in nature, rather than trends caused by global warming," said study team leader James Morison, according to a NASA press release.

Morison's researchers say the data show that between 2002 and 2006, Arctic water circulation began a process of shifting from a counterclockwise to a clockwise pattern.
            A clockwise pattern dominated before around 1990, when the recent counterclockwise pattern set in, the study concludes.
            "While some 1990s climate trends, such as declines in Arctic sea ice extent, have continued, these results suggest at least for the 'wet' part of the Arctic — the Arctic Ocean — circulation reverted to conditions like those prevalent before the 1990s," Morison said.
            Arctic sea ice minimums varied greatly during the first part of 1990s, then declined gradually before stabilizing somewhat around 2000.
            But this past summer saw a sharp reduction, with only about half as much ice in August and September as was recorded during the 1980s
            A major factor in Arctic Ocean ice loss was the movement of old thick ice out of the Arctic through the Fram Strait between Greenland and Norway. this lowered the Arctic sea levels which pulled in warmer pacific water into the Arctic through the Bering Strait.

This picture shows the warmer water moving in
            http://weather.unisys.com/archive/sst/sst-070826.gif

This image shows how much warmer the water is than normal

http://weather.unisys.com/archive/ss...nom-070826.gif

Comment

• Off topic I know but..

Hear in Canada we are having a "normal" winter for the first time in a long time.. lots of snow, coooold temperatures. Yet people are calling it a "weird" winter. Global Warming must be to blame.

Next week the temperature is to rise into the double digits. And people are saying this "freak" weather is just more evidence to global warming.

Well, I for one remember attending "January Thaw Bizarres" as a kid with my parents. As it was common for the temperature to rocket in January, breaking winters grip..how short of a memory do we have?

Yes, our climate is changing..but thats like saying that the river is flowing, its a non stop process. Climate does not change than stop for a while, then change again.. its always changing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canmoore View Post
                Off topic I know but..

Hear in Canada we are having a "normal" winter for the first time in a long time.. lots of snow, coooold temperatures. Yet people are calling it a "weird" winter. Global Warming must be to blame.

Next week the temperature is to rise into the double digits. And people are saying this "freak" weather is just more evidence to global warming.

Well, I for one remember attending "January Thaw Bizarres" as a kid with my parents. As it was common for the temperature to rocket in January, breaking winters grip..how short of a memory do we have?

Yes, our climate is changing..but thats like saying that the river is flowing, its a non stop process. Climate does not change than stop for a while, then change again.. its always changing.
                Not at all off topic. The hysteria about this planet "dying" is clouding people's judgement and memories.

If it's too warm, it's global warming.

If it's too cold, it's global warming.

If it's just right, it's global warming, because it would have been colder or hotter otherwise.

If it rains, it's global warming.

If we have a drought, it's global warming.

Global warming will end when the liberal west dies.
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Not at all off topic. The hysteria about this planet "dying" is clouding people's judgement and memories.

If it's too warm, it's global warming.

If it's too cold, it's global warming.

If it's just right, it's global warming, because it would have been colder or hotter otherwise.

If it rains, it's global warming.

If we have a drought, it's global warming.

Global warming will end when the liberal west dies.
                  That's right. "Global Warming" has become the new god of weather.

Comment

• OK get this, I was watching a History Channel show called "Last Days on Earth" talking about what might cause the extinction of human race or at least the end of human civilization as we know it.

One "scientist" said "global warming is a misnomer, it's really climate change...meaning bigger storms, bigger floods, more draughts..."

Well, if it's a misnomer, why didn't Rev. Al tell us about it before? Did you just find out it's a "misnomer?"

Then another "scientist" commented on a nuclear exchange that might end the human civilization, "just 20 nuclear missiles will kick up enough dust in the atmosphere to block out sunlight for years!"

What!? How many atmospheric tests did we have in the 1950s? How many of them were hydrogen bombs in the megaton range? What the hell was he smoking?

I just get so angry with these propagandists History Channel put on
                    Last edited by gunnut; 21 Jan 08,, 10:37.

Comment

• Yeah, in between football games today I caught something on CBS (the commie ******ry network) about "The Age of Warming". I was able to stomach about 5 minutes of idiots keening about penguins and crap before I started yelling at the TV.

I hate religious programming.

-dale

Comment

...I just get so angry with these propagandists History Channel put on
                        Well, the only solution is the VHEMT. :))

VHEMT
                        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post

VHEMT
                          Thanks for the link!:)
                          I wonder how many members they really have?
                          Last edited by glyn; 22 Jan 08,, 22:14.
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by highsea View Post

VHEMT
                            No way man. I'm gonna make sure I use up as much resource as I possibly can. Have as many kids as I can. It's evolution at work.

Comment

Working...
                            X