No announcement yet.

Should US Export F-22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I voted no..so far there's no need for the US ally to have it and it costs much..
    sigpic

Comment

i voted yes. because this will mean whoever buys it becomes more dependant on America, and will have to rely on them for new equipment, weapons ect, related to the F-22.
      Also selling it means that the other countries' airforces will always be a step behind you, and you will be better at using it because you have had it longer, and you built it, so you know exactly how it works, and its weaknesses.
      die, no0b

Comment

I just don't see how anyone else will be able to afford it.
        In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
        The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

^I think thats the main problem with considering exporting it, but if there is someone willing too buy i think they should export it.
          die, no0b

Comment

well trade some credits in for the f-22

our security council vote is good for about 40 f-22 i think, so just ship them over when your ready ta.
            Naval Warfare Discussion is dying on WAB

Comment

Yes, but only to an exempt list of Japan, Australia, Israel, the UK (if they were to agree to never enter into a deal where other European nations would have access to this tech), Canada, and New Zealand (who don't actually have a military, but if they should ever get rid of what's her face, wake up to find out the world is actually dangerous, and make a killing in Vegas as to be able to afford them, we'd be willing to sell them).
              F/A-18E/F Super Hornet: The Honda Accord of fighters.

Comment

Just saw a program on a Russian-language Jewish television network. Apparently, Olmert is going to try to persuade Bush in their latest meeting about the F-22, being willing to agree to the Saudis getting more advanced weapons in return. Seems weird to me that the Israelis are going to have a say of who the US is to give and not give weapons to, but in any case, maybe there will be some new development out of all this.
                In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Originally posted by BenRoethig View Post
                  Yes, but only to an exempt list of Japan, Australia, Israel, the UK (if they were to agree to never enter into a deal where other European nations would have access to this tech), Canada, and New Zealand (who don't actually have a military, but if they should ever get rid of what's her face, wake up to find out the world is actually dangerous, and make a killing in Vegas as to be able to afford them, we'd be willing to sell them).

What if South Korea will also demand for F-22? I don't know if its true but there are also reports that some tech from US to Israel is also being shared to China..
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                    Singapore Air Force has BVR planes such as the F-16 Block 52s and AEW planes such as E-2C Hawkeyes. Yes admittedly, they cannot go beyond their borders too much. But as I said, if used properly they can be used to destroy the long-range planes of Australia. So if they could be transported to a nearby friendly country such as Indonesia and positioned in such a location where they can intercept ingressing Australia planes as they try to attack .
                    Thats why we have the Jindalee radar system which will be integrated with the Wedgetail AWACS.

Comment

Originally posted by xrough View Post
                      I don't know if its true but there are also reports that some tech from US to Israel is also being shared to China..
                      Its not so much reports, as confirmed fact.

South Korea wont get the F-22, either.

Comment

I say no.

Comment

Japan maybe
                          England sure
                          canada they can't afford it but if they could we'd sell it.
                          Ausieland and NZ see canada
                          Israel We will give/sell them to them only if the arabs are closing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxor View Post

Israel We will give/sell them to them only if the arabs are closing in.
                            far too late. everyone in the region is geared for war, and most/all? of the states are somewhat less than democratic, are pretty reactionary and don't have to spend months convincing electorates about the rights and wrongs of going to war. ergo you won't get more than a few weeks/a months warning that things are going **** up - or indeed are being made to look to look like they are going **** up so the Israelis' can tug at the gullable... err.. i mean heartstrings and get political, military and financial backing for whatever self-defeating idiocy (that also does the US no favours) they are up to this week.

F-22, or indeed any other system, isn't going to be something you can parachute into a situation and then fish out as the occasion demands.

F-22 would be nice, but very few believe that the additional capability it offers over Typhoon, F-16Blk50/52, F-15E/K/S or F/A-18E/F is worth the additional cost when those aircraft are facing - at most - MiG-29/SU-27/30/whatever-shite-the-Chinese-have-managed-to-bribe-someone-to-buy.

in the wars that pretty much every western nation will fight in the next 30 years, does anyone really think that one F-22 is going to be a better investment than five new, top of the range F-16C's?
                            before criticizing someone, walk a mile in their shoes.................... then when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Comment

Yes, actually. The Raptor carries 6 AMRAAMs, so I'd make it worth at least 6 targets I mean Vipers.

Aside from that, I agree that its not necessary in the Middle East. In fact, I think it would be a rather inflammatory move, and that's the last thing the US needs right now.

Comment

f-22

i voted yes
                                maybe after that you would start thinking how to build the next one....
                                the best fighter aircraft is allways in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X