"Acting" rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    I think you should be fined 1 tin of butter cookies for even admitting you impersonated a 1 bar. A 2 bar I can understand but a 1 bar? Have you no standards?
    Oh Come on Sir. It wasn't a Second Lieutenant, And I was a young Corporal.

Comment

GSgt,

Ok, I can understand where you're coming from. A Cpl should know more than a 1LT, so you should not be caught short as far as knowledge wise. However, while a 1LT may be old enough to drink, do you seriously expect me or any other officer to believe that a 1LT knows how to drink?

Comment

I have never been frocked but when I was in Panama City FL, during our IG inspection, my boss (E-6) was talking with the inspector and providing erroneous answers to his questions about the awards and decorations program, which was my job. I guess the inspector saw me roll my eyes at some of the answers and when my boss took a smoke break, the inspector came over to me and gave me the opportunity to rectify our rating for the inspection. I provided all the proper information and brought our rating up. I received a superior performance award for the SAC inspection. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to step-promote me, but I know I did my job well. I was a lousy test taker and didn't have good studying habits, but my job performance was never enough to get me promoted ahead of schedule. Even though every IG inspection I ever went through got me superior performance awards.
        I was even put in for the Defense Meritorious Service Award as an E-5 when I worked with top secret material. But the Commander said that even the Captains didn't earn the DMSM and I couldn't receive one either. This was for stopping a security violation on data that was going to be sent to another unit that shouldn't have been because they didn't have the clearance. My award was shot down by HQs to a Joint Service Achievement Medal! Halfway through my tour in Korea it was upgrade to the Joint Service Commendation Medal.
        “When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.” ~ Jimi Hendrix
        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X