Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Becoming a Ranger

Hey all.

I plan on enlisting in the army after high school, and becoming a Ranger. Afterwords, perhaps Blackwater. I work out 5 days a week, running at least 3 times a week (want to increase that amount some more), and I frequently go to the range. However, I am presented with an eye problem, but that will hopefully be fixed with Lasik.

But it's war in general. I believe in the Shinsengumi way, that any threat or any means of harm must be eliminated switfly. I believe in defending this country, even if it means shedding my own blood. This country was founded through means of war, reunited through war, and must be defended through war. Of course diplomacy plays its parts, but in this case, I just don't see the middle east as socially developed enough to have a democracy.

IED. One of the most leading causes of death in this War against Terrorism. I know war is not fair, but even thinking of those deaths due to IED is cruel. Those who fell to IEDs didn't have a chance. What is being done to detect them?

Call me naive if you wish, but this is just my honest expression. Reply in any manner you feel neccesary.

Shinsengumi Reply

"What is being done to detect them?"

It won't be discussed here but I'm sure it'll be a topic broached at Infantry AIT. Don't get ahead of yourself and here's wishing you luck with your goals.
    "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
    "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I love these high school kids who have absolutely no idea what army life is like. The 1st thing any Cpl would do is to stuck him with sentry duty, most likely in -30C night time and after a hard day of digging.

Wonder how he would like the army after the sixth machine gun pit he dug for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        I love these high school kids who have absolutely no idea what army life is like. The 1st thing any Cpl would do is to stuck him with sentry duty, most likely in -30C night time and after a hard day of digging.

Wonder how he would like the army after the sixth machine gun pit he dug for the day.
        You discourage the poor kid. The only way for them to find out is to try.

And I come from Russia. Given more or less decent clothing I can handle -30.

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
          And I come from Russia. Given more or less decent clothing I can handle -30.
          Hmmm yeah, how would you feel that you're freezing your butt off while everyone is getting warm? And of course, I or the RSM would be making the rounds at the perimeter.

Comment

Working...
          X