X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANZAC Day

Happy ANZAC Day to all!
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Cheers Sappersgt:)
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Thanks mate. The Country did a nice turn out for the dawn service.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi1988 View Post
        Thanks mate. The Country did a nice turn out for the dawn service.
        cheers. its good to see the increase in young people every year too.

LWF
        Linkeden:
        http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
        http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by gf0012-aust View Post
          cheers. its good to see the increase in young people every year too.

LWF
          Hi Gary

Big turnouts in Hobart as well. Good to see lots of the next generation plugging the dwindling ranks of WW2 vets.

Cheers
          Learn from the past. Prepare for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Tasman View Post
            Hi Gary

Big turnouts in Hobart as well. Good to see lots of the next generation plugging the dwindling ranks of WW2 vets.

Cheers
            yeah Tas, I'm a bit of an old softy when I see the younguns fill the ranks - and everytime they introduce the turkish representatives it makes me proud to see old enemies who are now friends.

its surprising the number of people who are making the kokoda trek now as well. not me though, my knees aint what they used to be....
            Linkeden:
            http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
            http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Big turnouts in Sydney as well. The main dawn service in Martin Place was held in heavy rain ( after such a drought!! ) but there were a lot of people there.

Good to see the appreciation for the efforts of the diggers and ANZACs in general.

As they say, "lest we forget" their sacrifices.

Jonathan

Comment

Happy Anzac day. ;)
                brave Anzacs
                sigpicaction speaks louder than words

Comment

Originally posted by snc128 View Post
                  Happy Anzac day. ;)
                  brave Anzacs
                  Brave Turks too mate, and while I remember a big thank you to Turkey for being such good hosts for the ceremonies each year and putting up with all the antipodeans traipsing over your hillsides.:)

Leibniz

Comment

Cheers for ANZAC Day.

Had some ANZAC biscuits today!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

g'day to all..Brave men to the end..Least we forget

Comment

Good point Parihaka. The Anzacs came away from not only Gallipoli but also Palestine etc with a warm respect for "Johnny Turk". Attaturk's approach cemented what has become a relationship of great respect and is shown every year when the Turks so graciously tolerate and host our backpackers on ANZAC Day Morning.

Jonathan

Comment

Good day Mates. This is my first post in this forum. To day is August 11st.
                          82 years ago today British and Turks fought the The Battle of Chunuk Bair 7-10 August 1915.
                          Please read the story in my page:
                          Online Personal Albums by Sirvictor - VirtualTourist.com

Ataturk's praise of foreign troops

"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives... You are now living in the soil of a friendly country, therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours... You, the mothers who sent their sons from far away countries wipe your tears, your sons are now living in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

Ataturk 1934

Comment

Welcome Sir Victor. It was in fact my home town Wellington Regiment from Wellington New Zealand that took and held Chunuk Bair, until relieved by the North Lancashires. 711 of the 760 who took Chunuk Bair were casualties by the time of relief. If I recall correctly it was Mustafa Kemal Atatürk who re-took it?

I like the picture of your family by the way:)

Leibniz

Comment

I have two grand-uncles fell in Gallipoli...

I am very proud for being somehow related to this, "one of the noblest and bravest and also gentlemens war"

Happy Anzac Day,

Salute all Anzacs. :)

Like Ataturks saying you are all welcome with peace. :)
                              Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Working...
                              X