This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
    Nice resume. Half a lifer. In 4 years on the Iowa you must have collected a few bumps on your noggin.:))
    I am 6-4, so yes quite a few. Had a permanent indentation on my forehead for about the first year. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny W View Post
      I am 6-4, so yes quite a few. Had a permanent indentation on my forehead for about the first year. :)
      lol...I crewed in P2Vs (the old Neptune bomber) set up for ASW. Pick up a few bruises during choppy weather.:))
      To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• I wager my time in service is the smallest here, 18 days and counting. Going through ASBC at Maxwell AFB. Gotta tell ya, not digging Montgomery as the HQ for AETC.
        It is time to shut up and color

Comment

• 19 years, one month, and a couple of weeks. I enlisted in the MD ARNG in May 1989, entered active duty at Ft. Campbell, KY in December 1990 (deployed to SWA January 1991), left active duty from Korea December 1994 and returned to the MD ARNG, where I served in various positions until 9/11; mobilized September 2001 for airport security, March 2004 for chemical site defense, and April 2007 for detainee operations in Iraq. I have held one MOS, 11B, during my entire career, but have done about 50 different "jobs". On the civilian side, I am a cop in Baltimore, MD.

Comment

• Originally posted by sourkraut115 View Post
            19 years, one month, and a couple of weeks. I enlisted in the MD ARNG in May 1989, entered active duty at Ft. Campbell, KY in December 1990 (deployed to SWA January 1991), left active duty from Korea December 1994 and returned to the MD ARNG, where I served in various positions until 9/11; mobilized September 2001 for airport security, March 2004 for chemical site defense, and April 2007 for detainee operations in Iraq. I have held one MOS, 11B, during my entire career, but have done about 50 different "jobs". On the civilian side, I am a cop in Baltimore, MD.
            Looks like you dropped out before retirement. Well, at least in my day you needed 20 years. Did you grow up in Baltimore? I grew up in DC. Get up to
            Baltimore from time to time, for a wedding or something like that. Before the Nats cames along, used to go see the Orioles play at least once a season.
            My sister-in-law buys and renovates those famous old rowhouses. Anyway, still a great town.

Comment

• I haven't retired yet.... I'm still in a drilling status for at least 10 more months. After that, we'll see.

Comment

• I'm thinking of joining the RAF, I mean Uni is fun with the girls and booze etc.. but you know, it isn't what I want right now. So er, hopefully.....I'll enlist sometime in 2008.

Some people here have been in longer than I've been alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by sourkraut115 View Post
                  I haven't retired yet.... I'm still in a drilling status for at least 10 more months. After that, we'll see.
                  ah, I see. Good luck, and stay safe on the streets.:)

Comment

• Originally posted by King Six View Post
                    I'm thinking of joining the RAF, I mean Uni is fun with the girls and booze etc.. but you know, it isn't what I want right now. So er, hopefully.....I'll enlist sometime in 2008.

Some people here have been in longer than I've been alive.
                    You do that young man and you'll be the better for it. Challenges in life are met much easier once you find what you are made of. Good luck and go and do it!

Comment

• Joined 1 April 94...commissioned 9 SEP 02...Still in! I hope to do 30 years, but after I hit 20 years we'll see :)

-STS

Comment

• Originally posted by sladethesniper View Post
                        Joined 1 April 94...commissioned 9 SEP 02...Still in! I hope to do 30 years, but after I hit 20 years we'll see :)

-STS
                        30 years..So your not going to make a go at it then:))

Comment

• Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                          30 years..So your not going to make a go at it then:))
                          Quite right, Luke Davekins. No good being half-hearted about things.
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• Originally posted by sladethesniper View Post
                            Joined 1 April 94...commissioned 9 SEP 02...Still in! I hope to do 30 years, but after I hit 20 years we'll see :)

-STS
                            A commissioned sniper, eh? A-team or SEAL team?

Comment

• Royal Military Police 1979 till 1884, Royal navy reserve until 1999, German navy police (reserve still in).

Bloody HEL, 29 years!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by von Spreuth View Post
                                Royal Military Police 1979 till 1884, Royal navy reserve until 1999, German navy police (reserve still in).

Bloody HEL, 29 years!!!
                                Oh , so you werent a REAl soldier then , only out to catch the ones who were overdue in the pursuit of , er , refreshments huh ? but tell me about this time machine you have ????

Comment

Working...
                                X