• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray View Post
    I speak of the lodestone!
    At least you're going in the right direction

Comment

Mr Lukins,

No lodestone will ever get you to a bar.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
        Mr Lukins,

No lodestone will ever get you to a bar.
        Colonel, I'm already at one. It's the Wallet that won't go:)

Comment

Your wallet? Oh, I thought it was the Missus dragging you out by your ear and giving you a lecture about doctor's orders.

Comment

USN from 1962 - 1982. I know how to use a compass and a sextant. ;-)

Comment

Remember the slide rule, Commander?

Comment

I went too boot camp in San Diego on 23 Oct 1991.. and plan on retiring on 1 Nov 2011

Comment

1981 to 1985: Army JAGC, Fort Carson, Colorado
                  1987 to 1989: Civilian Attorney, Fort Ord, California
                  1988 to 1991: Army JAGC reservist, California and Oklahoma
                  1987 to Present: Still working for Uncle Sam. He's a good boss, so I don't see any reason to retire.

Comment

1 RTR: 82 to 87
                    1 RTR: 89 to 92
                    1st battalion Fireside Fusiliers: 92 till the day I go to the green fields beyond.

Tony
                    Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

QL29804 at Wainright Alberta. Joined the BCR's at 18 in 98. Left 2 years later as I was too immature to take it as seriously as I wanted.

I'll rejoin when I finally get home, even the gf wants to join now as she loves this kind of stuff.

I will definately go back to armoured recce if they will have me. I want a better course report than the last one!

At least I wasn't a fat little bastard at the end of basic.
                      Originally posted by GVChamp
                      College students are very, very, very dumb. But that's what you get when the government subsidizes children to sit in the middle of a corn field to drink alcohol and fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Remember the slide rule, Commander?
                        I do COL. I even have one. I have one of the excellent Jeppessen E6B circular slide rules for aviation too. Makes working those wind triangle problems easy.

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
                          1st battalion Fireside Fusiliers: 92 till the day I go to the green fields beyond.

Tony
                          Is that anything like the 1st CivDiv on this side of the pond?

Maybe you know some of the people in my Chain of Command?

Our Regimental Commander is Col Sanders and the Company Commander
                          is Captain Crunch.

Comment

Attended & graduated the US Air Force Academy in 1988

Cross-commissioned to the US Army, was stationed in Germany, pulled border duty & other misc. duties as an Armor Platoon Leader. Eventually was deployed to Desert Storm in 1AD.

Returned to Germany & separated fromt he US Army Feb of 1992.

Took a job & am still working on a US Army installation to this day.
                            If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

What was the attraction to bellycrawling that made you leave the bird's nest?

Comment

"To better see the whites of my enemies' eyes?" "For the love of a flaxen-locked, blue-eyed maiden, perhaps?"

No, while a cadet, I was given a helicopter ride over one of our larger Army training sites. It had been raining that morning (which is why I wasn't having another fighter-jet ride that morning--weather grounding), & we were flying low enough so that I could see Army Soldiers hunkering down in their foxholes.

It was an extremely fun ride, but that afternoon, as I changed clothes to go have another "night on the town," I looked myself in the eyes in the mirror, & asked myself--"Could I go & fight in the air, deliver freight or drop bombs for a livelihood, returning afterwards to a cold beer & warm chow--while those green-suited men suffered in the mud while I did so?"

It was a life-changing moment, & one my USMC grandfather had warned me would happen. I put in the paperwork to cross-commission to the Army the very next workday. & with no regrets. No disrespect intended for those who are or have flown for a military. It just wasn't right for me.

Besides, while there still was some bellycrawling during my tenure, I elected to ride around in THE armored Cadillac!
                                Last edited by Skull6; 05 Sep 07,, 19:19.
                                If you know the enemy and yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X