• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Signed on may 98
    Still in and loving it
    Black Mafia

Comment

LifersBrat 1956-1969 Not that its the same thing. 1 tour Embassy Duty Sweden 2 tours Embassy Duty England.
      USMC 1973-1985

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd Tankie View Post
        Signed on may 98
        Still in and loving it
        Tankie,sad news about one of your boys who has been seriously injured in Irak. Lets hope all involved will make a good recovery, especially the Driver who has the most wounds. All the best from 1RTR and all members of the WAB

Comment

Just like to echo the comments of my former brick commander, Dave Lukins, and wish all the guys in 2RTR all the very best of luck, and my wishes for a speedy recovery, to a fellow tank driver,

Joined up June 1972 aged 17yrs 4 months
          DBP August 1978,

Served all my time with "A" Sqn 1st RTR, apart from a 6 month posting to "B" Sqn, for a tour of Norther Ireland in 1977, rose to the dizzy heights of L/Cpl, was a driver of MBT Chieftain, AFV Wheeled, Saracen, Ferret, Mks 1, 2, 5, Driver AFV tracked Scorpion and Spartan, Scorpion gunner, and Clansman radio opeator Landrover, and Bedford mk 3 tonner, was, a B1 guided missile operator on Swingfire Mk5, and a ZB298 ground surveillance radar operator, Spartan, Oh and a Regimental Policeman, fired most things the Army had, from pistols up to 120mm, although the 84mm Carl Gustav gave me the biggest fright, never handled a grenade, heavy mortar or a bayonet, and after a UN tour of Cyprus in 75, me and three others thought it would be a jolly jape to hitch hike back to Blighty, which we did, took us three weeks
          Last edited by Bob Jones; 25 Apr 07,, 14:58.

Comment

Joined the NDA 1963
            Commissioned 1967
            Retired 2002

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

USMC May 1980 to Mar 2002. WIth a 6 month break in 1985.

Got out, went to school, cussed liberal professor out,got kicked out of school went back in Marine Corps.

Comment

Joined US Navy Oct. 1961, retired Dec. 1985 with a two year break from 1965 to 1967 after my first enlistment. Loved every day of it!

Comment

Went in at the tender age of 17, in Aug 1967, 3rd Mar Div. got out at the old age of 21 in 1971. Continued Ops within Central and South America from 1971 to 1980, including Panama. That aged me another 20 years....lol
                  Last edited by Raven Crippen; 17 May 07,, 15:33.
                  sigpicRaven's Wolf

Comment

Usaf 1972-1976.

Comment

Originally posted by Raven Crippen View Post
                      Went in at the tender age of 17, in Aug 1967, 3rd Mar Div. got out at the old age of 21 in 1971. Continued Ops within Central and South America from 1971 to 1980, including Panama. That aged me another 20 years....lol
                      hey, my dad was in the 3rd Mar div.!!
                      Do you know a Capt. John H. Valentine?

Comment

Zero
                        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Bloody years and years!
                          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Cadet from 1963 through NDA and IMA to officer in 1967 and retired in 2002.

Poor in maths, so can't figure the years out!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I just say the Age of the Dinosaurs since I get a blank look everytime I mention the compass.

Comment

I speak of the lodestone!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Working...
                                X