This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by desertswo View Post
    24 years, nine months, and 15 days commissioned service; USN Surface Warfare Officer. I always round up to 25.
    Hate to tell you this, Sir but you're the ranking officer. You're officially the Old Man.

Glad to surrender the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
      Hate to tell you this, Sir but you're the ranking officer. You're officially the Old Man.

Glad to surrender the title.
      It's an honorific I always wore with pride, even when I was only a young 40-ish "old man."

Comment

• 7 years- 6 on active duty USN and 1 year reserve. 82-89. Made FC-1 sw before I left. Saw most of my friends leaving, so I didn't stay- now, afb (after facebook) I have discovered most of them did stay in after all and have just retired. Bastards!

Comment

• I think the stories thread has laid dormant for too long, and I think the Cap and DonBelt would make excellent contributions
          Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

• Having in mind that the good Captain served more then you have years... I am looking forward to it.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              Having in mind that the good Captain served more then you have years... I am looking forward to it.
              You know the deference between a fairy tale and a sea story, don't you? If not, a fairy take always starts with, "Once upon a time . . ." Meanwhile, a sea story never fails to start with, "This is no s***!"

Comment

• So, you guys are rednecks, too?

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Having in mind that the good Captain served more then you have years... I am looking forward to it.
                  Dok, check your numbers, I'll be turning 27 in a month....
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

You know the deference between a fairy tale and a sea story, don't you? If not, a fairy take always starts with, "Once upon a time . . ." Meanwhile, a sea story never fails to start with, "This is no s***!"
                    Reminded me of:

Alcohol: Because no good story ever started with "So there I was, eating a salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
                      Dok, check your numbers, I'll be turning 27 in a month....
                      27?!

*doing math* How far back do you remember?

Comment

So, you guys are rednecks, too?
                        Well, I live in Arizona and do spend a lot of time in or around my swimming pool, so I am a color not generally found in nature. Sort of dried brown leather. But culturally, no dude, no redneck here; I'm like, you know, a southern Californian. I grew up at the beach in the immortal words of Don Henley and Glen Frey, "just too busy being fabulous." In fact, here is me in my misspent youth; with and without facial hair.

Attached Files

Comment

• If I were a woman, I'd prefer the John Cleese look ;)

Comment

If I were a woman, I'd prefer the John Cleese look ;)
                            So I guess this doesn't work for you now?;)

Attached Files

Comment

So I guess this doesn't work for you now?;)
                              I didn't spent all those years shaving 2x a day and visiting barber shop 1x a week, yet I have similar look (only with fewer white hairs).
                              It works for me, but not for the female inside

Comment

• 1994-2000 US Army
                                2000-2005 USMC
                                2005- USAF ANG
                                I think I might be getting close to twenty now. I am also fairly certain that they only keep me around to train the new folks and have some dastardly plan to place me in a glass case that reads "break open in case of war." I have a bit of the "been there, done that" attitude going on. It's been difficult being an NCO in a service that has no regard for the E's.

Comment

Working...
                                X