Grindhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
    Is that their latest homage to b-grade? The two parter?

Pari, not only the its two movie in one deal, but it is has great trailers of fake upcoming movies that are utterly hilarious.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    You liked that?

I was thinking about watching it, as I'm a big zombie movie fan, but I just can't get myself to spend $10 on a zombie movie.

This movie has huge promotions and good reviews, but the box office receipt doesn't show...so something doesn't jive here.
    Gunnut, it is great movie because it is hommage movie, and me i love those kind of movies that pay hommage. and actually you are watching TWO movies for the price of one. Also, in the second movie (Death Proof) the Sheriff and his son are the characters from the Kill Bill Volume II movie, and they talk exactly the same way. and also in second movie (Death Proof) the scene where the girls are seating chatting is hommage to the begening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

and Death Proof is really good. It is strategically placed as lower-intensity movie much like the Kill Bill volume 2 that lacked the action of the first movie. I thought Death Proof was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
      also in second movie (Death Proof) the scene where the girls are seating chatting is hommage to the begening scene of Reservoir Dogs.

Why didnt I recognize that?? I didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much but it was a decent movie and I didnt catch that.

I LOVED the kiwi.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
        Why didnt I recognize that?? I didn't like Reservoir Dogs that much but it was a decent movie and I didnt catch that.

I LOVED the kiwi.
        Zoe Bell, who was a stunt double on Xena, and Uma Thurman's stunt double in Kill Bill vol. 1 & 2. Cast as herself in Death Proof of course.

Comment

Working...
        X