Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-16

My first aircraft, still in the works..

I started this yesterday, a kit from Hasegawa..

[B)]

Last edited by Nord; 14 Apr 07,, 22:29.

Nord is there no end to your talents?? The F16 was the best in its day, a fabulous aircraft

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
      Nord is there no end to your talents?? The F16 was the best in its day, a fabulous aircraft
      Leave the Jockalese Neck Juice alone. What are you talking about? The F-16 is still in production.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
        Leave the Jockalese Neck Juice alone. What are you talking about? The F-16 is still in production.
        Yes, but now getting "on a bit" in todays terms:)

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
          Yes, but now getting "on a bit" in todays terms:)
          Not at all. The current versions with the high block numbers are so much more capable than the original batches in every respect. Todays F-16 may look rather similar to the first Falcons to the uninformed, but under the skin it's a different story. New and improved radars, avionics, engines, conformal fuel tanks, range of weapons it can carry and everything else. It has been a story of continual improvement. The designers didn't hibernate after the prototype first took to the skies! I expect production to continue for some years yet.
          Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            Not at all. The current versions with the high block numbers are so much more capable than the original batches in every respect. Todays F-16 may look rather similar to the first Falcons to the uninformed, but under the skin it's a different story. New and improved radars, avionics, engines, conformal fuel tanks, range of weapons it can carry and everything else. It has been a story of continual improvement. The designers didn't hibernate after the prototype first took to the skies! I expect production to continue for some years yet.
            Indeed. This thang can still whip 95% of the world's front-line adversary aircraft.

Comment

I found a pic of the real plane...

[br][br]

Comparing

Here I have added the green light from the real plane, and some thing at the chair...

Comment

wow! very realistic. must have taken you much time and effort to achieve that level of realism.

Comment

This looks fantastic Nord,wonderful detail.:) I was watching the real thing today here in Michigan.The Michigan Air national Guard flying out of Selfridge ANG base just east of me had a couple up today.I remember the first day the ANG got to take them up after transitioning from the F-4.They were like kids in a candy shop.;) They put on quite a show.This is still one of my favorite modern aircraft.Great job.
                  "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

So, can you maybe teach me how to properly build one of these?

The last one I made, an SR-71, didn't come out right because of a HUGE gap between the top frame and the bottom frame.
                    I have no idea what I'm doing. Honestly!

Comment

Nice work Nord!

And, Glyn is right, the F-16 late blocks is very capable. Even the earliest blocks have negative stability making them very difficult adversaries. One tangles with an F-16 only with great respect for its capabilities.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful work! It's very realistic and as a matter of fact while viewing the pictures I thought for a second that the real photo was one of the model photos! Congratulations Nord!
                        Ancient Greek Aspis (shield), Xiphos (sword) and Pericephalea (helmet) sigpic

Comment

Thanx my friends...
                          Last edited by Nord; 19 Oct 07,, 09:02.

Comment

Fantastic work nord ,hats off to you.Makes me want to start modelling again.

Comment

That is some critique...

Comment

Working...
                              X