Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran Captures Sean Penn....

IRAN CAPTURES SEAN PENN; U.S. UNWILLING TO NEGOTIATE HIS RELEASE

Tehran — Actor and activist Sean Penn was captured by Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces in the Persian Gulf Friday while on a mission to rescue 15 British sailors and Marines. The White House is refusing to initiate any diplomatic or military efforts for his return.

“Although Mr. Penn is an American citizen, we will take no action to have him returned,” said White House spokesperson Alex Conant. “As far as we’re concerned, Mr. Penn is Iran’s problem now.”

Penn began his mission in the Persian Gulf last week on the same day Iran decided to release the captured British sailors and marines. He was riding in the same small boat he used to rescue people in New Orleans in 2005

“Sean was able to rescue thousands and thousands of people in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina,” said his publicist Eric Bright. “He decided to get on his boat to go to Iran and save those British crew members. He’s just that kind of heroic man. Unfortunately, he was unaware that Iran had decided to let the sailors go just as he began his voyage in the Persian Gulf and crossed over into Iranian waters. We had no way of reaching him.”

“From what we understand, Mr. Penn has been blindfolded and is being isolated in cold stone cells,” said Conant, the White House spokesperson. “We would suggest that he should be bound and gagged, especially the gagged part, and we’re trying to get that message through a third party nation since we don’t make any direct contact with Iran.”

Penn has been a fierce critic of President Bush and the White House. Several weeks ago, he spoke at a town hall, antiwar meeting in Oakland, California, saying that President George W. Bush had “become our country’s and our Constitution’s most devastating enemy.”

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad went on Iranian state television to talk about the capture of Penn, two weeks after the British sailors and marines were captured in the Persian Gulf.

“It is only come to our attention now that we are holding the great Jeff Spicoli,” said President Ahmadinejad. “I loved the scene where he ordered pizza in Mr. Hand’s classroom. This man is an icon.”

The realization that they’re holding Penn, a major critic of the Bush administration, may bode well for the actor.

“Our biggest fear at this point is that Iran may soon release Sean Penn,” said Conant. “We are currently attempting to pass a resolution through the U.N. Security Council threatening sanctions if they don’t hold him in custody and torture him.”

Asked about the situation, President Bush made a brief comment to reporters while heading to Marine One on the White House lawn.

“I can’t really talk about it right now,” said President Bush. “Although I can tell you that I really, really, really enjoyed the movie ‘Dead Man Walking’ where Sean is executed. I recently sent a copy to President Ahmadinejad as a gesture of international good will.”

Dateline Hollywood » Blog Archive » IRAN CAPTURES SEAN PENN; U.S. UNWILLING TO NEGOTIATE HIS RELEASE

Superb!
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

I question the veracity of that article.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

i suppose that in USA they dont like Mr. Sean Penn.. ??
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Originally posted by leib10 View Post
          I question the veracity of that article.
          Must be true, the Media NEVER lies

Comment

LOL :) Too cute...
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

It will be rather obtuse of Iran if they do not release him.

He is not a military man, just a self appointed do gooder who apparently does not understand how the world works!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                It will be rather obtuse of Iran if they do not release him.

He is not a military man, just a self appointed do gooder who apparently does not understand how the world works!
                It's a joke. Didn't happen. :)
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Then the joke is on me! :slaps his forehead:

:)

Whenever I see the word "Iraq" or "Iran", I get worried.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999 View Post
                    It's a joke. Didn't happen. :)
                    You need to update your calendar. That should have been posted on the FIRST of April, not the 11th.
                    Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      Then the joke is on me! :slaps his forehead:

:)

Whenever I see the word "Iraq" or "Iran", I get worried.
                      Thanks for a good laugh Brigadier Ray
                      In Iran people belive pepsi stands for pay each penny save israel. -urmomma158
                      The Russian Navy is still a threat, but only to those unlucky enough to be Russian sailors.-highsea

Comment

Yeah. First off, the White House would never make statements like that. Second, it'd be all over the news.
                        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Working...
                        X