Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Iraq!!!

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

My brother-in-law is safely back on U.S. soil! It's only for a couple weeks, then he goes back. Still, glad he is safe for now.

I'll post later, when I get his straight opinion based on first-person observation.

HE'S BACK!
    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Excelent, give him our best wishes...
    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

FABOO, brother. All my best wishes, and show him all the familial love he can handle while he's home.

Hey...is he thinner and browner? When I got back from Saudi, I had about a week of folks telling me how great I looked. Then the tan faded, and I was drinking beer and eating pizza again.

Comment

Glad to hear hes home safe, some people I know are pretty damn worried for their loved ones overseas. Someday they will all be home.

Comment

Did he show you his ear necklace? ;)
          Last edited by Bill; 29 Nov 04,, 08:39.

Comment

Hoorah!

Comment

Always a great feeling to hear of a brave soldier returning from war. :) I wish the best for him as well as his comrads still in the hot zone.
              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Tell him thanks for what he is doing.
                Facts to a liberal is like Kryptonite to Superman.

-- Larry Elder

Comment

yes, ty and glad he's safe

Comment

He says he hates the frickin' media! All they ever talk about is the violence. "They never show us handing out backpacks full of school supplies, throwing bottles of water to Iraqi's. God, I hate 'em." (The media, NOT the Iraqi's!)

Can't tell you much else, yet. I'm not going to compromise OP SEC just so I can say "I told you so!" (Sure pisses me off, knowing some of this stuff now, and still having to keep my mouth shut.) Nor am I going to say anything about the "other" stuff. Suffice to say American boys are American boys; wherever hellhole you stick 'em in.
                    sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by 2DREZQ
                      Suffice to say American boys are American boys; wherever hellhole you stick 'em in.
                      Proud to hear this. :) So very proud...
                      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

Comment

He's done his last convoy. All he has to do now is hunker down and wait. He'll be staying (not in Iraq) a little longer than the rest of his unit in order to get their equipment ready to return home. NO MORE CONVOYS! The boys are coming home soon!
                        sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

That is soooo good to hear. :)

Comment

Working...
                          X