American Battleships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Battleships

American Battle Ship Pics. Courtesy of Sniper and USNFSA.

Comment

there are no battleships left in service are there?

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
        there are no battleships left in service are there?
        I don't think so.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

The USS Wisconson and USS Iowa are still in Category B reserve.

The US Congress has mandated by law that the two battleships are to remain in a constant state of 180day war readiness indefinitely.

So yup, we still have 2.

Comment

USS Oregon

Mckinley's Bulldog. 10,000 tons Biggest star of the battle of Santago de Cuba, which won an empire for the United States.

In her prime she could do 16 knots, and her 13-inch guns were state of the art 105 years ago.
            sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

USS North Dakota

20,000 ton Delaware class 1910-1931

Currently berthed in Bismarck, ND :roll:
              sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Nice pix Drez.

We so need to build a class of modern battleships.

Comment

Wish I could still find the photographs of the Yamato on the ocean floor. The only good enemy BB is a sunken enemy BB!!!!!!

Here's what Battleship lovers everywhere would have loved to sink the Yamato or the Musashi with....

Revelation 16:16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
                  (Been There)

Comment

I see the 16" being fired, but where are the 5"s? You ever notice how in comparison to the 16", people think the 5" is small, but it's still a kick ass cannon.
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

The 5" guns are in twin turrets along the flanks of the ship.

Three turrets on each side.

Comment

I still can't make them out.
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

BR theres a launch(boat) on the near midship port side of the BB that points toward a plain to see 5in Turret.
                          Your look more lost than a bastard child on fathers day.

Comment

It's between the TLAM ABL cannisters, and right next to the Harpoon cannisters, amidships.

Comment

Sorry dudes. I still can't see them, and I'm not sure where the TLAM ABL and the Harpoon launchers are either.

Comment

Working...
                              X