7.62 Famas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.62 Famas?

Just asking, Has there been plans to produce a FAMAS Rifle in 7.62 NATO Calibre?.
    DILLIGAF
    K.B. Wilson.

Probably not. Scaling up a gun is more difficult than to scale one down. The 7.62 NATO is quite a bit more powerful than the 5.56 NATO. It will involve a lot of work to make the FA MAS fire the 7.62mm round.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Why would you want to?
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Cutaway View Post
        Just asking, Has there been plans to produce a FAMAS Rifle in 7.62 NATO Calibre?.
        Nope. The only French bullpup battle rifle fed by 7,62 mm x 51 was MAS-54B developed in 1954.

Whatever happens, we have got
        the Maxim Gun, and they have not

Comment

In the light of the ongoing trend of reducing calibres, I doubt this rechambering will ever occur.

Comment

In the good old days of the Cold War, I recall there was lots of talk of producing a single calibre bullet/weapon, for NATO forces and our American allies, but obviously it did`nt gt off the ground, probably as a result of no one agreeing on which one would be adapted or approved, SLR 7.62 was considered too powerful, and 5.56 was the alternate option, but some considered that to be underpowered, seems to me we should have gone for the Kalashnikov, surely in a battle if you lost yours there would be loads of them lying around, and knowing the rough treatment they can take, at least there was a good chance of it working

Comment

Working...
            X