Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought this was a very good 3 part series by the BBC on the last thirty years of relations between Iran & the west. Ends in 2006.

Part 1: Imam Khomeini - The Man Who Changed The World | Iran & The West [Part 1/3] - YouTube

Part 2: Iran: The 'Pariah State' | Iran & The West [Part 2/3] - YouTube

Part 3: Nuclear Confrontation | Iran & The West [Part 3/3] - YouTube

Comment

Toss this in-Forum from the Defense and Strategic Studies Division of the USMA discussion of Iran-

War Council Series-Iran USMA
      "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
      "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Most Iranian Jews emigrated to Israel and The U.S.-they wouldn't agree

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
        An Iranian is an Iranian, Jewish or not.
        Most Iranian Jews emigrated to Israel and The U.S.-they wouldn't agree, and I've spoken with dozens of them in both Israel and in the L.A. area. They would strongly disagree with you on this. There are still some, not many, living in Iran. Can you imagine living there as a Jew when Ahmadinejad was President.

Comment

Guys, if you are interested in Military History, I can Send lots of books for You!
          Feel free to ask any question on this field.

Comment

Originally posted by Artesh View Post
            Guys, if you are interested in Military History, I can Send lots of books for You!
            Feel free to ask any question on this field.
            Welcome : )

Since you offered i do have a question about the Iraq - Iran war.

Did Tehran intend to march to Baghdad ?

With his scuds Saddam could hit Tehran from the western most point of Iraq. But Iran didn't have missiles at the time. So the idea of moving into Iraq was to get in range

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
              Welcome : )

Since you offered i do have a question about the Iraq - Iran war.

Did Tehran intend to march to Baghdad ?

With his scuds Saddam could hit Tehran from the western most point of Iraq. But Iran didn't have missiles at the time. So the idea of moving into Iraq was to get in range
              Thanks.

About Your Question, We hadn't enough Missiles to perform a Missile war, and Shah Didn`t want to waste his money on Single usage Military Weapons. He Just ordered a few Missiles. Iran`s Army was Ordered to Engage Enemy, stops it and brings back war to Iraq, or any other country that invaded Iran. So, yes, Army was ordered to Capture Capital City or any other Strategical or Political objects. But it was for before 1979.

After 1979, Army had seen several Bloody Executions, and lost about 15% of it`s Manpower, So it was in shortage of soldiers and Officers, and lack of Training and other problems. Also, it was ordered to save that manpower and equipment.

Army Really Couldn't have a Successful Attack to Iraq. But We needed to Occupy at least some parts of its soil.

This war was full of mistakes, specially on Iranian Side, which turned an easy Triumph to a bloodshed.

Comment

Working...
              X