15 UK sailors captured at gunpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
    Missed my point, sweetie: they're Iranian, all right: Iranian CHILDREN. Confirming the point that went right over your pointy head: Iran is a human rights abuser with few equals, and it is completely consistent that they would torture the Brits they've kidnapped.

You're a deeply stupid individual. Did you know that?
    Perhapes not as stupid as yourself. Have you notice that?

Yes, Iran is a human rights abuser, and yes it is responsbile for many crimes both within and outside. These are facts and not fiction. However, it is in my opinion that they will not torture the Brits they've "pickedup". Ofcourse you have your own opinion, and believe it or not I respect that, and leave it at that.

Comment

Oh so you like us HRW types now do you;)
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Dam I have been out all day played my first round of golf of the season, and the world goes to hell in a hand basket..........will review the thread abd be back hre
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

^^^

First you called me a "stupid person", now you are calling me "pile of excrement". Though, I would never bother respond such people, I will respond to you one last time, only because I think you are misunderstanding me, rather just showing your true American colors.

There is something here that you dont get. The way I see it, because in this forum I support everything that Iran does, in your great black-and-white logic, I must be pro-Islamic regime. You have absolutly no idea who I am and what I do and what are my actual political views. Dont assume anything. I never liked the regime in Iran, hated their crimes, hated the fact how they manage to throw away their best assets (children) by making the nation unbearable for them. My familly never had ties to any of the two regimes, but we damn well came to Canada for a reason: The corruption and the brutallity of the current regime. However, that doesnt mean that I will kiss United States ass in their plans to put a regime change in Iran or their military strikes. I am an Iranian, it is my duty to protect Iran the best way I can. The current regime in Iran, that is an inside-Iranian problem not yours. So **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar View Post
            I agree with you guys. Like you said Bluesman, they will be expecting retaliation, so it must be big. They trained Hezbollah to do this to the Israelis and the retaliation didn't work out so well, despite being big (although run by a defense minister who's only training is being a union leader). When Hezbollah provoked Israel, it turns out they knew what they were doing. Therefore I am worried that the Iranians might have a good reason to think that Anglo-American retaliation will fail or hurt the Brits and Americans more than themselves. This crime can't be left unanswered though. Gotta get those sailors back.
            We will
            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

If it an attempt to find a divide among allies it will fail. The US,UK, and AU are blood brothers.

Comment

Originally posted by JMH View Post
                It is interesting that Iran, for the second time, has chosen to capture British Naval personnel, perhaps they do not have any respect for British Sea power, short of using Trident, all the British could retaliate with is: A few Tomahawk Cruise missiles launched from Submarines, a few air strikes with a small number of fighters and harriers and shore bombardment with 4.5 inch guns. Only the US Navy and the USAF have enough firepower available in the Arabian Sea, Persian Gulf and Middle East to wipe out Iran. Iran perceives the west as divided, corrupt, decadent, weak and indecisive and for the most part they are correct. For right in the middle of this crisis the US Congress is displaying this weakness to Iran by initiating a vote to withdraw US forces from Iraq while those forces are still engaged in battle against terrorists and militia's that Iran supports, trains and equips with weapons, munitions and IED's. If this outrageous act, the capture of the Royal Navy and Royal Marine personnel, is not met with a harsh overwhelming response (of course this would have to come from the US) than Iran will continue to engage in increasingly provocative acts of brinkmanship to show the rest of the Muslim world how weak and indecisive the west is in the hope to scare the United Nations into backing down on sanctions against Iran (the UN won't pass the sanctions for fear that Iran would retaliate by torturing the British Naval personnel they have captured) while at the same time buying time for the US Democratic party to secure victory for Iran by forcing the withdrawal of US forces from Iraq. But with President Bush in office, hopefully the Iranians will not get the tepid, weak response that they have come to expect from the US, as was demonstrated by President Carter during the Iranian hostage crisis.
                Do not ever make the same mistake as others......and underestimate Britain....we laugh we joke ......but go to far ..........your ****ed
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  That was my initial response. Why Brits rather than Yanks?
                  Here is my answer to that question.. If they kidnapped American sailors, I bet that it would reignite the wardrums in the American public, and America will have a reason to bomb Iran back into stone age....scratch that, Stick age. Also the British public are much softer than Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                    Where's Maggie Thatcher when the Brits need her the most. The Lady with the Iron ****.
                    Again do not underestimate Britain...............could be tony's last stand .............as was the Falklands with maggie...........he could leave o a high note
                    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                      Interesting that they picked British rather than US or any other coalition personnel. Is this an attempt to divide allies?
                      Yes they ****ing underestimated us........picked on the wrong ally
                      sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                        It has been reported that the force who took the boarding party (which was on a dhow searching for improper cargo) were from the Revolutionary guards, and not the regular Iranian Navy which has no control over them. The incident took place in a disputed waterway.
                        So ****ing what...................... it will be disputed now .................
                        Last edited by T_igger_cs_30; 24 Mar 07,, 03:14.
                        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                          The Yanks when they do this search have a USN DD very close by and that certainly would have spelled trouble for anybody attempting to intervine in the search especially by watercraft.

Perhaps second possibility: Had they grabbed Yanks they may have felt Bush would have demanded they (USN) persue them into Iranian waters and a conflict may have erupted.
                          Iran has ****ed up big time....................wheres all the Mullahs with there big mouths right now............
                          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by pdf27 View Post
                            They were Royal Marines, not US personnel last time. I can't see the UK responding in a manner that involves blowing things up (as that appears to be precisely what Iran wants us to do here - stir up external trouble to distract dissidents at home from their complaints, Galtieri all over again). What I can see however is say Lloyds of London refusing to insure tankers carrying Iranian crude due to "increased risk". That sort of thing could hurt Iran badly, but is hardly something the current government there can point to as an aggressive act by the West.
                            The other aspect to this is that rather a large number of EU countries have peacekeepers in the Lebanon, where they are vulnerable to Iranian proxies doing the same thing. So I suspect the UK may be able to get lots of Iranian financial dealings designated as "money linked to terrorism" fairly easily. Again, it hurts Iran without them having something to point to.
                            Lets see how good the EU is now ...........dont hold your breath....this will be down to Britain ............and hopefully our best friend and ally
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                              Missed my point, sweetie: they're Iranian, all right: Iranian CHILDREN. Confirming the point that went right over your pointy head: Iran is a human rights abuser with few equals, and it is completely consistent that they would torture the Brits they've kidnapped.

You're a deeply stupid individual. Did you know that?
                              Agreed....................
                              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Working...
                              X