Cricket World Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket World Cup

World Cup 2007 is already underway. We did see some good matches already, both warm up and others. As usual this world cup had its share of controversies, more to come no doubt. We had the incidence of Fire (or Smoke) in the Hotel where Pakistani and South African teams stayed, which resulted in really juicy media controversy. Apparently media mis-quoted a Pakistani player, resulting in a rather bizarre decision by Pakistani side to abandon English and stick to Urdu. Then we have a raging on going controversy over comments made by Sunil Gavaskar on Aussies.

Coming to games, we had a goos one b/w Pakistan and WI. Though Pakistan lost, they normally come back very strongly in later stages. I consider Pakistani team to be most talented one.

Kiwis are battling the English today. English are in a wee bit of bother right now.

Let the fun begin. Post your thoughts on the games or other controversies.....lets have fun.

I think we are in for one of the best world cup's ever, great location the atmosphere wil be electric, as for a winner.......never been harder to pick....India always very very strong in one day play, never under estimate Sri Lanka....the Aussies, what can you say , ........Kiwis have come out flying .............I hate the way they are making England sound like a one man team right now, and listenting to some of the rest of the team I fear some have bought into it and hoping Flintoff stays fit and plays well through out..............In for a great few weeks I think
    sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

remember south africa they are also quite good with the leather and willow

Comment

Originally posted by soutie View Post
        remember south africa they are also quite good with the leather and willow
        Agreed ranked #1 at present in one day play........I did not overlook that just did not want to remind you
        sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

thanks anyway but i am not being pesamistic but we have snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory before ,i think we may have a problem with BMT

Comment

Couple of teams have to break their worldcup jinxes, South Africa have to shed off their 'Chokers' label, Pakistan have to beat India in a WC match.

Don't ignore West Indies, they have the home side advantage.

Comment

Uhhh England committed Hara-kiri, 2 wickets in 2 balls, Collingwood and Peterson out. Where is Pari?

Make it 3 wickets, Flintoff is gone.

Comment

OH no England collapse flintoff gone first ball
                sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

I haven't been following cricket since the last world cup. Heck I don't even know the teams anymore with all the new players coming in. I guess I have some catching up to do.:)

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                    OH no England collapse flintoff gone first ball
                    Its not going well for England, one more gone, 139/7 .

Comment

Who is the English Captain? Vaughan or Flintoff? I know Stephen Fleming is the NZ captain.

Comment

Originally posted by STIG View Post
                        Who is the English Captain? Vaughan or Flintoff? I know Stephen Fleming is the NZ captain.
                        Vaughan, its been while since Hussain retired. May not be a bad idea for him to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by kams View Post
                          Vaughan, its been while since Hussain retired. May not be a bad idea for him to come back.
                          Thanks kams, Yeah Hussain was a pretty good captain. I wonder why he retired though. I think he still had a few good years worth of cricket left in him.

Comment

Its not going well for England, one more gone, 139/7 .
                            Bang on form then!!!!

Comment

Kams, how about bringin back Botham, Gatting and Boycott anyone over 50 should do What's the with the youngsters these days..no get up and go!!

Comment

Working...
                              X