No announcement yet.

Vote for your Favorite Diorama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've seen more than one diorama scene with guys attending to bodily functions.

I'm surprised that Verlinden doesn't sell a set of resin figures specifically for it, as a matter of fact.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by RustyBattleship View Post
      Originally Posted by Elbmek
      Congrat Nord, attention to detail is remarkable including the German in photo two, taking a leak!!!!

SIGH! And you guys are supposed to be our future intelligence operators and forward observers? We're doomed.

If you go back to the ORIGINAL thread and take a look at the 2nd to the last photo it shows that German with a 9 mm Schmeisser in his right hand (NOT his thingy) and binoculars chest high in his left hand. If he was taken a leak, he would commandeer somebody else's helmet as his is over his thingy.
      What a grumpy old curmudgeon you are turning into Rusty
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
        What a grumpy old curmudgeon you are turning into Rusty
        Poor RustyB, I don't think your bad tempered at all, not even grumpy ,a tad lacking in humour maybe.

Comment

man what a close race ;)
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
            Poor RustyB, I don't think your bad tempered at all, not even grumpy ,a tad lacking in humour maybe.
            Lacking in humor? Take another look at his helmet. He obviously thinks that part of his body needs more protection than his head. Also we had just come back from yet another doctor and my wife needs another operation. So my "humor" was a little dampened and not as sharp as the quarter Irish in me should have been.

But still, the detail is absolutely fantastic. I am also surprised at the votes I got. Sympathy votes probably. But that's okay. I just wanted to get the contest going. Just look at how many people have viewed this thread and voted on it.

But wait until we get to model trains. Ooh, ooh. That reminds me that this Friday is the meeting of my model train club. Theme is logging trains so I have to dig my Heisler out for display plus my big coffee table book on logging trains. Don't have any logging cars though. Every time I pick up another flat car I put a couple of tanks on it, or half tracks, or ship anchors.
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Best wishes to your wife RustyB I empathise Mrs Tigger at present is going through the same ordeal
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

Originally posted by T_igger_cs_30 View Post
                Best wishes to your wife RustyB I empathise Mrs Tigger at present is going through the same ordeal
                All the best to you all..get well soon:) RustyB I should have added"British" humour as I think it was the keen eyes of Callemur who"raised"the matter

Comment

Congratulations to dalem, winner of the Diorama Contest, and Nord, the runner-up!

As OoE has chosen to award the runner-up with a tin of butter cookies he was priorly eligible for, both dalem and Nord will be awarded with a tin apiece.

Thanks to RustyBattleship for his entry, and I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to see more of all of your works in the future. :)
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

wow, i think i was the one responsible for the tie-vote. i added in a vote for dalem, and that put 'em at the same level happy to spread the butter-cookie love
                    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                      Congratulations to dalem, winner of the Diorama Contest, and Nord, the runner-up!

As OoE has chosen to award the runner-up with a tin of butter cookies he was priorly eligible for, both dalem and Nord will be awarded with a tin apiece.

Thanks to RustyBattleship for his entry, and I'm sure we'll have the opportunity to see more of all of your works in the future. :)
                      All credit to the three contestants. Well done!:) :) :)
                      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Very good all 3 of you, congrats.
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Dale - you have made me the happiest woman in the world. I shall have butter cookies with tea once more in the afternoon.
                          Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Congrats to all 3 superb efforts.......however its always nice when you bet the winning horse , even if it was only by a nose
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Comment

As corny as it sounds, any contest where I get to see others' excellent work is a good one. Plus Debbie gets her cookies. ;)

I envy Nord's painting skills, both with his figs and the Marder. Weatherbeaten whitewash is easy to overdo and hard to do right, in my opinion.

And the contest has inspired me to get back to it - I'm working up a small Star Wars-inspired gunboat this week.

Thanks to everyone who kept me in the race and congrats to all my fellow glue-slingers!

-dale

Comment

Working...
                              X