Divine Intervention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divine Intervention

Are you a believer of divine interventions?
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Originally posted by THL View Post
    Are you a believer of divine interventions?
    No, but sometimes the timings of various events makes one wonder. I suppose it depends if they conspire against, or all pull in a favourable direction. If the latter, there are those who will give the credit to a guardian angel!
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

I firmly believe in divine intervention.
      "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
      - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by ExNavyAmerican View Post
        I firmly believe in divine intervention.
        Equally firmly, I do not believe in a divinity to begin with, consequently there is no supernatural entity to intervene.:)

Comment

IMO,To believe in "divine intervention" one has to have a very strong faith, not saying you have to be a christian or religous crusader of any sort, but a strong faith is necassary.........not being a believer in a divine or higher being, I have to say no I do not believe in it.
          sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Oh really, gentlemen. Explain women.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Oh really, gentlemen. Explain women.
              Dont have to OoE sir,.....because I wear the trousers in this house ......................because the "divine" Mrs tigger gave me the permission
              sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

One thing sticks out in my mind.

My family and I were once coming down a very slick mountain road after a day of skiing. The car suddenly started sliding and yawing uncontrollably, threatening to go down into the abyss below. I immediately called out aloud for God to help us, and a split second later we were traveling in the right direction as if nothing happened.

Call it chance or luck, but I think something happened.
                "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

9 lives

Divine intervention? Most assuredly. No one can be as lucky as I have been, If I were a cat I'd have already used up at least eight lives. I course I did help my guardian angel along.
                  Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                  (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Nope. I'm an atheist, so I don't believe in anything of the sort.

-dale

Comment

Divine intervention - does someone - something guide us? I would say we can be guided by our own thoughts, wants, needs, actions and desires, but ultimately there are choices to be made. Want versus need is big with me. I may want something out of this life, I may desire it wholeheartedly, but do I need to have it? How much is it worth the consequences instead of staying the status quo? Is someone looking out for me? Only myself. I have faith and the pillar of my faith dictates that I be responsible for myself. Whatever happens, whatever intervention comes along is mine and mine alone.
                      Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
                        Divine intervention - does someone - something guide us? I would say we can be guided by our own thoughts, wants, needs, actions and desires, but ultimately there are choices to be made. Want versus need is big with me. I may want something out of this life, I may desire it wholeheartedly, but do I need to have it? How much is it worth the consequences instead of staying the status quo? Is someone looking out for me? Only myself. I have faith and the pillar of my faith dictates that I be responsible for myself. Whatever happens, whatever intervention comes along is mine and mine alone.

That is quite profound, Debbie.:)

Comment

Debbie, life is what you make it, this is not a rehersal for something "higher" We, you, make life what it is, We all wish to reach goals in life but few of us run towards that goal and yes most stay at the Status Quo...therefore you are most certainly not alone in your thoughts..Don't wait for your ship to come in, get in the water and meet it!!

Comment

Jules: No, no, this wasn't luck. This was divine intervention. You know what divine intervention is Vincent?

Vincent: I think so. It means God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.

Jules: That's right! That's exactly what it means. God came down from heaven and stopped these mother****in' bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulgaroctonus View Post
                              Jules: No, no, this wasn't luck. This was divine intervention. You know what divine intervention is Vincent?

Vincent: I think so. It means God came down from Heaven and stopped the bullets.

Jules: That's right! That's exactly what it means. God came down from heaven and stopped these mother****in' bullets.
                              Aah one of my favorite movies.. Where you been Bulgar?

I believe in divine intervention about as much as I believe in luck. As someone famous use to say "The harder I work the luckier I get" (edit: Samuel Goldwyn)

Now another "religous" quote from that great movie. With lots of censorship

There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."[1] I been sayin' that sh*t for years. And if you heard it, that meant your a s s. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded sh*t to say to a motherf*&ker before I popped a cap in his a s s. But I saw some sh*t this mornin' made me think twice. See, now I'm thinkin', maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that sh*t ain't the truth. The truth is you're the weak. And I'm the tyranny of evil men. But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd.
                              Last edited by Gun Grape; 04 Mar 07,, 06:21.

Comment

Working...
                              X