Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
    Bluesman,

I've met two WAB members so far in my hometown Coimbatore. Infact one contact I made partly on WAB caused me so so so many personal probelms..Believe you me.
    VERY sorry to hear that. Hope it worked out okay.

Comment

Blues, look at the 'biggrin' icon boss. You dont have to be sorry.

But for Hammer (actually not him, but a friend I acquired through him) I would'nt be chilling here in GB. WAB is where I partly grew up from my teens to twenties. My first two thousand posts bear testimony to that.

The problems I spoke about are of another kind. The kind that affects all men alike. gettheclueitsaboutagirloldman!
      Last edited by Samudra; 01 Mar 07,, 16:28.

Comment

gettheclueitsaboutagirloldman!

Comment

gettheclueitsaboutagirloldman!
          ;) Perhaps if we could even out the female-to-male ratio here on the WAB, Ironduke could start up a dating section. ;)

I, of course, would not be able to join, since I'd have to submit a photo.
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Hey I think Bluesman is correct about get togethers!

Anyone from Kolkata or nearabouts?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'll be the first to say, it's a blast to meet WABers offline.

So far, I've met Bluesman, Confed and Gio and I'm hoping to meet more. :)

(THL and I knew each other before the WAB of course ;) ).
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I do have to agree that it would be kinda neat to meet more WAB-bers. :)
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                  Hey I think Bluesman is correct about get togethers!

Anyone from Kolkata or nearabouts?
                  One of my ambitions is to come for a lengthy visit. I have always wanted to visit India, and be squired around by a proper tour guide, a local with vast knowledge, wide and deep, about the places that are meaningful to HIM.

That's YOU, Ray, and I will come as soon as I'm able. I want to meet the people, eat the food, walk among the history and take in the sights that may not be available to a 'package tourist'. If I could be granted access to your regimental offices and take a look at your battle honours; if I could shake hands with your family and meet their children; if I could know where YOU prefer to spend an evening dining and relaxing; and if I could go to the landmarks of your life and hear your tales of Indian glory and the years that made you, I would treasure that forever.

I'm coming, I just don't know when.

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                    I do have to agree that it would be kinda neat to meet more WAB-bers. :)
                    It's certainly been good to the both of us, has it not? I look forward to more of the same.

Comment

Bluesman,

You are most welcomed.

Tell me early enough and I will get you cleared to visit my unit!

Better still I will take you to Kashmir and show you our High Altitude and Winter Warfare School.

Then, of course, I will take you to Calcutta and home!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                        ;) Perhaps if we could even out the female-to-male ratio here on the WAB, Ironduke could start up a dating section. ;)

I, of course, would not be able to join, since I'd have to submit a photo.

Oh please, it's us old ones that dry up in a corner and have to post a photo that was taken in 19**, then tell people to "age" it a "few" years and that is a reasonable facsimile. You posted a family photo some time back and the camera seemed to like you quite nicely. I do agree, more men on the WAB than women. Younger men, many much younger men...
                        Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

I live in Miami. So if you guys are planning to have a cookout, I'd be happy to come.

By the way, I am planning to visit England during my spring break btw March 16 and 27th.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                            I live in Miami. So if you guys are planning to have a cookout, I'd be happy to come.

By the way, I am planning to visit England during my spring break btw March 16 and 27th.
                            NO! Stay home and come to Key West. MANY funs to be had there.

Comment

Well, the trip to England is no show. My friend there is moving back to India by March 8th. Oh well. Key West I come.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                                Well, the trip to England is no show. My friend there is moving back to India by March 8th. Oh well. Key West I come.
                                AWESOME!

dalem, you comin'?

Comment

Working...
                                X