• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lords of Logistics

Lords of Logistic

Last edited by kams; 27 Feb 07,, 19:23.

Bicycle loads

Originally posted by kams View Post
    I saw the guy with the fridge on his bike and had to wonder.

I once had figure out a way to cover about 10 km to the extraction zone with a torn knee. Improvising, I "borrowed" a bicycle similar to one in the picture. I loaded me with all my gear including pack, harness, ammo, weapons AND my teammates gear on the bicycle, call it say 350 lbs. He pushed while I held on to all the gear. We made it about half way before the back tire blew out. In the next village I found another bicycle with a flat rear tire so I switched out it's good front for my flat rear tire. This one lasted about three more kms before it too blew out. I ditched everything except my rifle and using it as a crutch hobbled the last couple thousand meters. I had to pay for the gear I threw away when I was discharged.

That guy in the picture must be pretty skinny and that sure isn't the Frigidaire I've got in MY kitchen. Or that is just one REALLY tough bicycle.;)
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

That's nothing. You want to see what my station-wagon looks like when I take the family camping.
      In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
      X