No announcement yet.

Favorite war games board and or PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Piece of info for Allied Assault if ya have the game you can Find me at www.xXxBrigade.us =||xXx||=|T4C|AxlRose
    If You Smell Sh%T Then You Know You Really Stepped In It This Time!!

Comment

I have one big complaint about A&A: submarines suck. I have this strong desire to use my subs to destroy transports, but without surface ships, subs are completely helpless against aircraft. I know that aircraft were important in winning the Battle of the Atlantic, but in the game they are completely invincible. I hope to eventually work out a modification where subs can be used to interdict SLOC's more effectively.
      I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmchairGeneral View Post
        I have one big complaint about A&A: submarines suck. I have this strong desire to use my subs to destroy transports, but without surface ships, subs are completely helpless against aircraft. I know that aircraft were important in winning the Battle of the Atlantic, but in the game they are completely invincible. I hope to eventually work out a modification where subs can be used to interdict SLOC's more effectively.
        We were JUST talking about this Sunday after our game. My idea is to treat planes (on offense) like artillery - each fighter would have a "normal" attack value of "2" and have the ability to bump up an infantry figure to a "2" as well. I would try them at 10 pt cost and see how that works. That way the British fleet might survive until turn 2 at least.

My idea is that they would revert to "airborne artillery" on land offense (their long range is the the value-add) and still be effective on defense. They would not be the cost-effective unit to use at sea any longer either, but still not useless.

Whaddya think?

-dale

Comment

The ground control series, no resource gathering, it's all tactics with troops who you can modify their equipment.
          Those who can't change become extinct.

Comment

Working...
          X