Chinese Invasion of Taiwan, 2007

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dear exnavyamerican,

I just by chance read this thread on this website, can't help but register and try to ask you some questions purely out of curiosity.

As a Chinese citizen living in US and trying to get a greencard and maybe US citizenship later, :-), I don't care about China's future as much as Mr Zeng does, but by knowing some Americans' mentality definitely will help me to make a better living in US.

Let's say that US manages to maintain its current status, i.e. the only superpower in this world, until the end of the world or the Armageddon, then according to your marriage theory what if in this big happy powerful country (or “in this uncivilized world of ours” as you said) there are two or more strong-minded ethnic groups who will have strife until others give in.

And what if no one gives in, then who “would have no choice but to push others down the stairs”. Is it going to be that WASPs pushing Jews down the stairs, or Hispanics pushing German Americans, or Italian American pushing Afro-American, or Irish American pushing Vietnamese American? So in your noble mind, which group is righteous, straightforward, creative or holy enough to push other groups which is arrogant, uncooperative, unoriginal or backstabbing down the stairs?

Sorry, I take back my questions. I understand that Chinese government will throw you in jail if you say sensitive issues about China since you are a guest in China right now. Neither you have guts to say sensitive issues on US because political correctness may cost your job.

The best solution to ease your painful experience is probably I take off my clothes and show you my back wounds no matter it being stabbed or whipped, in China or in US, under one condition that you show me your backstabbed wounds first. Then we try to drink some beer together on somewhere brokeback mountain and laugh the pain out and off.

Comment

exnavyamerican,

All afore mentioned are democratic; China is not. All afore mentioned are currently our allies; China is not. All afore mentioned, with the exception of Japan probably, can not pose a significant threat toward us, and none of them do currently. China does pose a threat to our interests, but not necessarily against us. But if we let them rise, and this we both agree on, they will.
      my using those examples was to show that the idea of "playing nice encourages arrogance etc etc due to eastern mentality" is not true.

What time period are you referring to? And what does that have to do with anything? The U.S. is not China, and the U.K. is not the U.S.: we're very closely related so that point is irrelevant unless there is some encoded meaning I haven't been able to decipher.
      my point was that all rising nations gaining greater capabilities will become more vocal. this is not something limited to china alone. and this is not always a bad thing. in fact, the US has been trying to get china to step up to its international responsibilities. and finally china is showing a few signs of doing so, with even the younger diplomats disgusted at the higher echelon's decisions, for example, to support the sudanese government.

What's "not quite true". I didn't say it wasn't shrinking: I said that we have to maintain a comfortable lead, and we do. Anyway, living in China, I have found that their technological standards are far lower, and the word "efficiency" you used in a previous post is not how I'd describe it.

China's technology level is still far behind that of the U.S. Personal experince shows that, though most R&D labs are modernized and competitive, many separate labs operate way below standard. And competitive doesn't necessarily mean advanced in the case of S&T: China still lags far behind the U.S. in the tech field.
      no kidding. but i daresay if you went to china 15 years ago, the gap would have been far wider still. what about in another 15 years? another 50?

Yeah, and they got their collective a$$es kicked. Take it from me: I have more experience with this subject, and have been backstabbed by many Chinese.

The Chinese used a technique known as "the human wave". This means you throw thousands of men at one position, and overwhelm it. The Chinese way outnumbered us in the number of troops, and they should have won with that superiority, but not only did they not win they lost 1 million dead, while only inflicting about 50,000 dead upon us. Not only that, we quickly recovered after the initial shock, and held them at bay with inferior numbers. So, I guess it did work-excluding the part of the a-bombs.
      mao's initial goal of unifying the korean peninsula failed, that is for sure. but at the same time, one of his important peripheral goals of making the US fear chinese power was realized. we saw this during vietnam, where LBJ was obsessed with the fear of chinese intervention, even when the chinese would have gotten stomped if they HAD intervened.

regarding human wave tactics, to be sure it was used, but it was NOT the one chinese tactic of the war, as is so commonly thought. col yu (OoE) moderates a great forum on chinese military affairs, CDF. read up on the multiple korean war threads.

Board Message

That was not the cause of the great depression. The cause of the great depression was a problem similar to the 90s. We had a boom, and than we went into recession, but the difference is that a complete depression this time around was avoided by Bush's leadership.
      you have GOT to be kidding me. jesus.

FRB: Speech, Bernanke--Money, Gold, and the Great Depression --March 2, 2004

read what the FED CHAIRMAN bernanke had to say about it. his specialty during his days in academia was the topic of the depression.

And we can do everything ourselves. We have one of the larges unexploited supplies of oil in the world, we have mass natural resources, and plenty of land for manufacturing while protecting the enviroment. But no, we instead become over-dependent on foreign trade, and it puts us at the mercy of the middle east for oil. Maybe that's how you like it, but I'd rather not be dependent on our enemies.
      Where did I advocate protectionism? Did I say anything about protectionism? I guarantee you: I'm not a protectionist. And, by the way, it's nor a guaranteed way to destroy economies. (see below)
      "If we impose heavy duties on their goods, then yes. They, and we, are over dependent on our mutual trade, but if we instigate a shift in policies to find another #1 trading partner, than we'll have the upper hand. Plus, everything we import can be manufactured in the states. Everything from toys to refined oil."

don't tell me THAT'S free trade, buddy. as for being at the mercy of the middle east...do show me some figures that show internal US supply can even begin to replace middle east oil supplies.

Last I checked it was, and if it's not them who is? If you're right, that just makes my idea in post #54 even more viable.
      Top Ten Countries with which the U.S. Trades

Country Name of U.S. $ of U.S. $

Canada 42.23 42.23
      China 30.00 30.00
      Mexico 26.07 26.07
      Japan 16.48 16.48
      Federal Republic of Germany 10.53 10.53
      United Kingdom 7.80 7.80
      Korea, South 6.94 6.94
      France 5.33 5.33
      Taiwan 5.01 5.01
      Brazil 4.22 4.22

edit: just noticed deadkenny's post. that was 2004. this is 2007. look at the respective positions and compare.

If we impose strict trade duties on China, and thereby damaging their economy, the rest of the region will be obliged to look elsewhere for investment, and a large amount of the Chinese goods that would normally flow toward the U.S. would all the sudden have no place to go.
      and how would that affect the US consumer? also, the large amount of Chinese goods would flow elsewhere. not at such profitable rates, sure, but they certainly would go elsewhere.

Like the rest of the fields, it's connected, but it's not "part and parcel". More technology can often mean stronger economy, but not always, and not the other way around. So my point stands: we have a comfortable lead over China in technology, the military, economy/wealth, and general power/influence.
      yes, for now. can you guarantee that the technology balance will always remain on the side of the US, when so many US scientists are not so sure themselves?

china and india already beat the US in quantity of scientists and engineers turned out by their schools. is it impossible that one day, quality will catch up too?
      Last edited by astralis; 15 Mar 07,, 18:50.
      There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post

Canada 42.23 42.23
        China 30.00 30.00
        Mexico 26.07 26.07
        Japan 16.48 16.48
        United Kingdom 7.80 7.80
        Korea, South 6.94 6.94
        France 5.33 5.33
        Taiwan 5.01 5.01
        Brazil 4.22 4.22

edit: just noticed deadkenny's post. that was 2004. this is 2007. look at the respective positions and compare.

Interesting. I'm not surprized that trade with China has passed the others, but I am a bit surprized that it has surpassed that with Mexico. Then again, it appears to be based on just 1 month of data (Jan. 2007) so there might be something of a 'fluctuation' in trade affecting the results.

Comment

deadkenny,

that's a valid concern. however, this isn't just a one-time thing, it is a trend.

this chart shows "year-to-date totals", published in december 2006. thus this is one year's worth. the january 2007 figures just points to the trend line continuing this path.

FTD - Statistics - Trade Highlights - Top Trading Partners

Canada
          303.4 534.0
          1 18.5%

China 55.2
          287.8 343.0
          2 11.9%

Mexico 134.2
          198.3 332.4 3 11.5%

Japan 59.6
          148.1 207.7 4 7.2%
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Let's say that US manages to maintain its current status, i.e. the only superpower in this world, until the end of the world or the Armageddon, then according to your marriage theory what if in this big happy powerful country (or “in this uncivilized world of ours” as you said) there are two or more strong-minded ethnic groups who will have strife until others give in.
            I don't get what you're saying there. It has nothing to do with ethnic groups. It has to do with nations.

And what if no one gives in, then who “would have no choice but to push others down the stairs”. Is it going to be that WASPs pushing Jews down the stairs, or Hispanics pushing German Americans, or Italian American pushing Afro-American, or Irish American pushing Vietnamese American? So in your noble mind, which group is righteous, straightforward, creative or holy enough to push other groups which is arrogant, uncooperative, unoriginal or backstabbing down the stairs?
            Good God. It has nothing to do with race. It has to do with one country maintaining superiority over another. I want the United States to reign as superpower in this world, and that doesn’t mean I’m a racist. Unless of course you’re a shallow-thinking mouthpiece. There is no American race. There are whites, Hispanics, blacks, Asians, native Americans, and many more ethnic groups, but they're all Americans. You have to understand that before you naturalize.

Sorry, I take back my questions. I understand that Chinese government will throw you in jail if you say sensitive issues about China since you are a guest in China right now. Neither you have guts to say sensitive issues on US because political correctness may cost your job.
            I don't discuss sensitive issues because it is impolite (you probably will find it hard to grasp that term) to discuss, and criticize someone else's government and country when you are in their country. Same as you don't go over to someone's house for dinner, and start criticizing the host. No, that would be impolite. Look it up in the dictionary.

I didn’t say that they’d throw me in jail. I’m not a missionary: I’m pursuing a living at the moment. And, as I said, you don’t discuss politics with people who are subject to a country with ONE POLITICAL PARTY. I can discuss them over the internet.

Neither you have guts to say sensitive issues on US because political correctness may cost your job.
            I'm not going to listen to a coward that runs away from their country about issues of guts. Have you ever fought for your country? You're pathetic coward. And, no, as I said, I'm not here spreading ideaologies: I'm here pursuing a living. So, I'm not going to discuss politics.

Then we try to drink some beer together on somewhere brokeback mountain and laugh the pain out and off.
            I don't drink. Did for a while in the navy (who didn't?), but quit toward the end. Even if I did, I wouldn't drink with cowards.
            "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
            - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

ExNavyAmerican,

Are you sure that you quit drinking? Or you just try to confuse me?

My friend, these days racists never claim that they are racists, but they do believe that America, this great nation, is only defined by few people who have blue blood, and all other people (though may have citizenships) are only refugees, cheap labor, or some other supporting roles, maybe even worse, a spy or an oriental-minded traitor. People like me who lives here long enough can easily spot you people by your condescending tone.

People on May Flower didn’t fight their oppressors in England to the last drop of blood; instead that they came here to kick Native Americans’ ass, and then USA was born, and then the famous long journey of slavery. Some people are not named cowards just because they were very good at picking opponents. By the way, do French feel that they get enough credits for helping Americans winning the independence?

I guess your real problem in China is that some whorish student tried to get your attention by telling you some fancy stories that made you high while giving you STD when you slept. Grow up, loser, if a man got backstabbed and didn’t even want to bring it up, saying he is just being polite and don’t want to lose his job. It will be a big laugh for him to call me a coward, just because I focus more on finding a cure for cancer rather than military buildup.

Please don’t play patriotism cards with me, I have two kids and they are Americans. For sure I want the United States to reign as superpower in this world, but not by the way you mentioned, something like “push others down the stairs”. Thank God, there are lots of Americans who don’t endorse your strategy, not to mention being stupid enough to speak it out. Otherwise USSR could have won the cold war.

You just got the wrong idea by thinking that the world was saved by some supermen trained in KKK kindergartens. Tell you what, we won the cold war by making friends, even Nixon went to China, he can deal with underhanded Chinese, why can’t you? If you insist on pursuing whores instead of keeping a low profile living in second-class country, and get hurt for that, you got yourself to blame.

Finally, your views on nations are very transferable; the pinhead-mentality can easily apply to races. And you tried to play innocent by throwing out some PC words which I doubt you truly believe in. Why don’t you say “there is no homo hobbit, there are American, Vietnamese, Iraqi, Japanese, German, Israeli…., but we are all homo sapiens, let us not fight with each other”.

Comment

My friend, these days racists never claim that they are racists, but they do believe that America, this great nation, is only defined by few people who have blue blood, and all other people (though may have citizenships) are only refugees, cheap labor, or some other supporting roles, maybe even worse, a spy or an oriental-minded traitor. People like me who lives here long enough can easily spot you people by your condescending tone.
                Whatever. It has nothing to do with race, or class. I'm just middle class anyway; I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. By the way, are you a communist? You sound like a communist.

Some people are not named cowards just because they were very good at picking opponents.
                Comfort yourself anyway you want to. I have Chinese friends here who have to deal with the hardships, and those who could leave, but don't want to because they're not cowards. As far as picking opponents, you sure are good at it. You seem to end up with none. Would you argue if I were right in front of your face?

People on May Flower didn’t fight their oppressors in England to the last drop of blood; instead that they came here to kick Native Americans’ ass, and then USA was born, and then the famous long journey of slavery.
                The people on the Mayflower were granted a charter by the English government because the government didn't want them there. It just caused disharmony. Anyway, all colonies were part of the English realm, so they weren't running away to another country.

By the way, do French feel that they get enough credits for helping Americans winning the independence?
                Do we get credit for saving them in WW2? They didn't help much during the revolution; they were actually pretty bad allies. I'm a student of the Revolution, and I came to that conclusion about 20 years ago.

Please don’t play patriotism cards with me, I have two kids and they are Americans. For sure I want the United States to reign as superpower in this world, but not by the way you mentioned, something like “push others down the stairs”. Thank God, there are lots of Americans who don’t endorse your strategy, not to mention being stupid enough to speak it out. Otherwise USSR could have won the cold war.
                I can play patriotism cards: I fought for my country; you ran away from yours. You cannot be an American until you realize that the U.S. is not based on race, or class: being an American is an idea; it’s in the head, and heart. You obviously don’t understand that yet.

You just got the wrong idea by thinking that the world was saved by some supermen trained in KKK kindergartens.
                Moderators: Ban me if you will, but this guy has gone too far.

You ba$tard! I never said anything about the KKK!!! Do you know how much Jewish blood I have? They didn’t like Jews either, you ba$tard I swear to God you are an idiot. I am not a racist: I am indifferent; to me, everyone, red yellow black or white, I see in America are Americans. Except for people like you who corrupt it by making it into a racial thing!

Tell you what, we won the cold war by making friends,
                “We”? What is this "we"? You aren’t there yet, buddy.

even Nixon went to China,
                Another reason for me to not like you: you’re already buying into this leftist crap about Nixon. For your information, there are those of us that consider Nixon a great president. And yes, he went to China: he wasn’t making friends; he was trying to slap the face of the Soviet Union by opening trade relations.

he can deal with underhanded Chinese, why can’t you?

I can deal with underhanded Chinese: I’m dealing with one right now, and I’ve dealt with them the pas 3 years. Where have you gotten the idea that I can’t deal with them?

If you insist on pursuing whores instead of keeping a low profile living in second-class country, and get hurt for that, you got yourself to blame.
                What does that mean? "Chasing whores"? Speak for yourself, buddy. I’d would, but 3 things: I’m a Christian, it’s extremely unhealthy in AIDS infested China, and I’m married. Woops!

Finally, your views on nations are very transferable; the pinhead-mentality can easily apply to races. And you tried to play innocent by throwing out some PC words which I doubt you truly believe in. Why don’t you say “there is no homo hobbit, there are American, Vietnamese, Iraqi, Japanese, German, Israeli…., but we are all homo sapiens, let us not fight with each other”.
                We’re all humans: so what? Why are we arguing: we’re both humans (I trust)? Ideologies matter: race doesn’t if you’re an American.
                Last edited by ExNavyAmerican; 16 Mar 07,, 09:15.
                "I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever."
                - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

my using those examples was to show that the idea of "playing nice encourages arrogance etc etc due to eastern mentality" is not true.
                  How do you know? I said that China is the one where that mentality applies, and I live in China: you don't. I know more about it than you do. I've lived, and travelled in China for 3 years, and I have been to Japan (in the navy), and South Korea (visit). I know more than you do about it: trust me.

my point was that all rising nations gaining greater capabilities will become more vocal. this is not something limited to china alone. and this is not always a bad thing. in fact, the US has been trying to get china to step up to its international responsibilities. and finally china is showing a few signs of doing so, with even the younger diplomats disgusted at the higher echelon's decisions, for example, to support the sudanese government.
                  Very well. We actually agree on something. I meant when they accused us of human rights violations. And when they said for us to "shut up". We should shoot right back. Not with bullet, or even diplomatic reprisals, but some other way. By selling arms to Taiwan, by reclaiming our right to govern the Panama Canal. Anything to show them that we will be a country that you shouldn't lock horns with. But all in all, I agree with your statement.

no kidding. but i daresay if you went to china 15 years ago, the gap would have been far wider still. what about in another 15 years? another 50?
                  This is assuming that we don't make any advancement. Of course they are making advancements, but so are we.

mao's initial goal of unifying the korean peninsula failed, that is for sure. but at the same time, one of his important peripheral goals of making the US fear chinese power was realized. we saw this during vietnam, where LBJ was obsessed with the fear of chinese intervention, even when the chinese would have gotten stomped if they HAD intervened.
                  You're right. We still are afraid, and that's what gets me. We cold swat them, and not even notice. That's why I think we should make any provocative move. You know the "alpha male" concept? It may sound barbaric, but we using the human wave is not something to be proud of either.

regarding human wave tactics, to be sure it was used, but it was NOT the one chinese tactic of the war, as is so commonly thought. col yu (OoE) moderates a great forum on chinese military affairs, CDF. read up on the multiple korean war threads.
                  I don't read threads to get my information: I read books. And so what it wasn't the only ractic used: it was the main one was used.

So, that's a little known fact. Be gracious about it. You're a typical liberal. I'd aknowledge the fact you were right, and me wrong if you were slightly more gracious about it.

don't tell me THAT'S free trade, buddy.
                  Did I say it was free trade? There is nothing about free trade in this discussion, and I said make it hard to trade with them. I didn't say "close the borders". In other words, do what China did.

as for being at the mercy of the middle east...do show me some figures that show internal US supply can even begin to replace middle east oil supplies.
                  We can easily be independent. In truth, we have unexploited oil in Alaska, in the Rocky Mountains, and in the Gulf. So far, most of what we exploit is out of the Southwest, and we don't exploit much of that. Anyway, we could be independent without oil supplies because nuclear energy is well developed

Canada 42.23 42.23
                  China 30.00 30.00
                  Mexico 26.07 26.07
                  Japan 16.48 16.48
                  United Kingdom 7.80 7.80
                  Korea, South 6.94 6.94
                  France 5.33 5.33
                  Taiwan 5.01 5.01
                  Brazil 4.22 4.22

It was a win-win situation with me. I said were to dependent of Chinese trade, therefore justifying a shift to make it more diverse. And if we weren't, it would make it easier to hurt the Chinese economy without severely damaging our own.

and how would that affect the US consumer? also, the large amount of Chinese goods would flow elsewhere. not at such profitable rates, sure, but they certainly would go elsewhere.
                  It would hurt the U.S., but not as much as it would China. Yes, the goods would go elsewhere, but their economy is too weak to survive the shock. It would cause American producers in China to move elsewhere. If we relax the God-forsaken eco-laws than more American businesses would be producing in America.

yes, for now. can you guarantee that the technology balance will always remain on the side of the US, when so many US scientists are not so sure themselves?
                  Do you even read my posts? Or are you too busy reading Newsweek? That's why we have to insure our continued lead while we can.

china and india already beat the US in quantity of scientists and engineers turned out by their schools. is it impossible that one day, quality will catch up too?
                  What about the quality of those scientists now? If there not good now, then we'll maintain a lead. We have some very good scientists. I catually got to meet some of them while in Bath, and they are very confident of our technological lead.
                  - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

exnavyamerican,

How do you know? I said that China is the one where that mentality applies, and I live in China: you don't. I know more about it than you do. I've lived, and travelled in China for 3 years, and I have been to Japan (in the navy), and South Korea (visit). I know more than you do about it: trust me.
                    don't make me laugh; like hell you know more about chinese culture than i do. i'm taiwanese. my mother's side of the family came from zhejiang. i spent my childhood in taiwan, and worked and lived in china a hell of a lot longer than 3 years, buddy. my academic specialty is east asia. for godssakes, you admit you can't even read much chinese. don't try the superiority crap with me, because here, you ain't cutting it.

This is assuming that we don't make any advancement. Of course they are making advancements, but so are we.
                    certainly. but it is far from clear that the US -rate- of advancement is faster than that of china. in other words, catching up isn't out of the question.

I don't read threads to get my information: I read books. And so what it wasn't the only ractic used: it was the main one was used.
                    good for you. now, what was the historiography used? what sources were used? what types of military history are you reading? in any case, i offered the other forum as a source of contention, where there will be many other people quite willing to challenge your views, with military background and otherwise. i don't pretend to be an expert in military affairs, so i direct you to them.

So, that's a little known fact. Be gracious about it. You're a typical liberal. I'd aknowledge the fact you were right, and me wrong if you were slightly more gracious about it.
                    LOL. be gracious about it, when you're here flaunting your "knowledge", while sending out snide little comments about what i know and my political views? give me a break.

as for being liberal...why don't you ask the other members of the board how liberal i am, especially when it comes to matters of national security and trade.

We can easily be independent. In truth, we have unexploited oil in Alaska, in the Rocky Mountains, and in the Gulf. So far, most of what we exploit is out of the Southwest, and we don't exploit much of that. Anyway, we could be independent without oil supplies because nuclear energy is well developed
                    uh, again, provide sources that state that we can replace middle east oil with internal oil supplies.

also...how do you propose substituting nuclear energy for the internal combustion engine...when we're talking about cars?

It was a win-win situation with me. I said were to dependent of Chinese trade, therefore justifying a shift to make it more diverse. And if we weren't, it would make it easier to hurt the Chinese economy without severely damaging our own.
                    It would hurt the U.S., but not as much as it would China. Yes, the goods would go elsewhere, but their economy is too weak to survive the shock. It would cause American producers in China to move elsewhere. If we relax the God-forsaken eco-laws than more American businesses would be producing in America.
                    i give up trying to do econ 101 with you. perhaps shek will have a better time of it; he's done it before.

What about the quality of those scientists now? If there not good now, then we'll maintain a lead. We have some very good scientists. I catually got to meet some of them while in Bath, and they are very confident of our technological lead.
                    they're IMPROVING, and that's the damn point. no kidding, we have very good scientists. i went to UCSD for undergrad, a science school if there ever was one (although their IR program is very strong). you met a few, that's nice; again, i used to work the S&T field. here, as you say you like reading:

http://www.demos.co.uk/files/China_Final.pdf

this is one of the primers used by the AAAS (american association for the advancement of science, publishers of SCIENCE magazine), used by their international department whenever people want to get a good view of the state of chinese S&T. take a look, and see what scientists and S&T professionals have to say.
                    Last edited by astralis; 16 Mar 07,, 12:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeng_xinren View Post
                      Indian Dr. Kotnis (柯棣华大夫):
                      Indian Doctor's Selfless Service Remembered
                      Dr. Kotnis married with a Chinese lady and died in China in 1942. When Chinese president Hu Jingtao visited India, he visited the relatives of Dr. Kotnis.

We thank Indians for the help. But today not many Indians know Dr Kotnis:
                      Indians don't even know Dr Kotnis: Sisters
                      We do know about Dr. Kotnis. His story is part of our school syllabus.;)

Your repeated claim of China not desiring to be a super-power is rather hollow. US, Russia, and India, are happy with their territorial integrity and have no desire to "add" disputed regions in the nations maps. While China feels incomplete and is focused at rectifiying 1000 yrs old history; hence the invasion of Tibet, claims on Arunachal, Kashmir, Vietnam, islands in the South China sea, and Taiwan being the most desired piece of real estate. It escapes your attention that the people of these regions want to stay away from China.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy the Lar View Post
                        I Personally think China is not looking South but North at the Oil,Gas and Resources that Russia has got.Thinking in Chess terms Keep your Opponent Guessing at all times. China has increased its Arms Budget by 30% this year.
                        Possible, they have already attacked Russian territories in May of 1969 (Damanskiy conflict), so why don't they do it again?
                        Наша жизнь как пианино: белая клавиша, черная клавиша и крышка

Comment

ExNavyAmerican,

you are very funny, no wonder why you are such an angry person all the time. I don't care how much jewish blood you have. I had worked in israel for time long enough to know there are racists in every race, but I guarant you that most of israelis won't agree with you since you generalize a whole nation and called them underhanded. your ******* statement makes you look even more like a racist.

why don't you yell at albert einstein that he is such a coward, ask him why he would not have stayed in germany fighting the nazis or returned to israel to fight arabs. He chose to stay here, I know you used to hate him because he stole your job, otherwise you might own a professor title in some research institute instead of serving in the army. But now it seems quite a plus, cos you can brag about you sitting in some A/C boat, pushing buttons to kill enemies and protect this country, what a challenging job you got there.

why don't you count how many minorities and poor people in Marines who are fighting in streets to save your sorry ass while your mid-class suckers can earn extra bucks and play god in developing country which you get no chance back home.

you said that you can't get laid because you are christian and married, then you said you can't be label as a racist because you have jewish blood. bravo, very convenient! So I am very glad that among millions of underhanded Chinese people, you did find a few tolerable Chinese you can refer as friends, mind that I ask how much jewish blood do they have? Please, my friend, find sometime to see a shrink?

Am I a communist? Maybe you should ask in this way, “ are you a communist by my definition? ” Who the hell do you think you are, go back to read my first post and your response, then look up the word “impolite” in the dictionary.

regarding your question "Would you argue if I were right in front of your face?": Maybe someday when i catch a cold and lose the sense of smell, we both know that you stink.

Comment

Originally posted by ExNavyAmerican View Post
                            ^^^^^^
                            Note, I don't talk about such sensitive issues with Chinese. I don't because me being a guest in their country, I shouldn't discuss stances that are opposite to their government. It could cause strife, and division of loyalties, and every citizen should be a loyal one.
                            See, why is it that some people from other nations who reside in the US don't have this attitude? We have a bunch of morons running in this country claiming everything from their civil rights being violated to Bush is a war criminal...and they aren't even our citizens.

End rant.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
                            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
                              deadkenny,

that's a valid concern. however, this isn't just a one-time thing, it is a trend.

this chart shows "year-to-date totals", published in december 2006. thus this is one year's worth. the january 2007 figures just points to the trend line continuing this path.

FTD - Statistics - Trade Highlights - Top Trading Partners

Canada
                              303.4 534.0
                              1 18.5%

China 55.2
                              287.8 343.0
                              2 11.9%

Mexico 134.2
                              198.3 332.4 3 11.5%

Japan 59.6
                              148.1 207.7 4 7.2%
                              Does this data capture the "under the table" trade with Mexico? Fully 10% of Mexico's population are here illegally thanks to 20 years of morons in the White House and the crooks on the Hill.
                              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

sorry to bother, can someone here tell me how to unscript this thread, I guess i click some button by mistake and keep receiving emails which I don't want.
                                Thank you so much in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X