Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the top 10 superpowers globally??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the top 10 superpowers globally??

Just a curious question and you guys seem to have a lot more knowledge than me. All round with air force,navy and armys what countries individually would list in the top ten powers in the world. Forget about allies just think about individual countries thanx!
    Last edited by aussie; 20 Nov 04,, 23:44.
    "I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

United States, Great Britian, Japan, China, Russia, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain.

IMHO

Comment

wont india come anywhere in the top 10??

Comment

I guess their up there. Some of them are a toss up so I just picked the ones most popularly placed in the Top 10.

Comment

Originally posted by aussie
          Just a curious question and you guys seem to have a lot more knowledge than me. All round with air force,navy and armys what countries individually would list in the top ten powers in the world. Forget about allies just think about individual countries thanx!

United States
          Russia
          Germany
          Great Britain
          France
          Israel
          China
          Taiwan
          Japan
          Australia
          "If I see further than other men, it is because I stand upon the shoulders of giants."

Comment

Is there any country that could give the USA a run for their money as the next great super power? When answering consider military as well as economics and all other factors that contribute to being a Super Power.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien LaCroix
              United States
              Russia
              Germany
              Great Britain
              France
              Israel
              China
              Taiwan
              Japan
              Australia

i bet india is stronger than at least israel or taiwan.and maybe even australia.

Comment

Originally posted by nickshepAK
                Is there any country that could give the USA a run for their money as the next great super power? When answering consider military as well as economics and all other factors that contribute to being a Super Power.
                that will be chineese but it will take them some two to three decades to do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                  that will be chineese but it will take them some two to three decades to do the same.

Do you think they will pass the United States within the next two to three decades or just be equal to the United States?

One other question... The other day I was talking to an old man who used to be a county councilman here in Baltimore, Maryland. We were discussing politics and he said that no communist country will ever be as powerfull as the United States for any length of time. He claimed that communist countries eventually run out of room for expansion and whenever something has no more room for expansion it implodes. He used an example of Communist Russia. Then he went on to quote Ronald Regan and say all you have to do to a communist country is "Bankrupt them"... How does that happend?

Comment

1. Today chinas GDP(PPP) is >6 T $ (US 10T $) Chineese growth rate is 8-10% annually(US<=3%) and we all know chineese are nowhere slowing in their growth rate. So tey wil soon surpass US in GDP .About the military power chineese today are officially spending 60-70 B $ on military( and now add to it how cheap they can make the same stuff . the cost of producttion in China is much lower than in US) and for US its 400 B$ clearly not comparable but with the lower cost of production and also considering the fact chineese will have GDP equable to US in a decade or two. we can see taht they will stand as ig competitors.

2. Bankrupt them is a simple busineess philosophy . in case u want to destroy some country /organisation/individual just bankrupt it ...LOL.. its wil work for any country and not just communists.The big differences between chineese and USSR is that chinese have seen what happened to USSR adn thsu frankly only fools repeat mistakes. China dsnt spend even a part of their GDP on defence than what USSR used to do.so no chance that they wil go bankrupt the USSR way(theres no cold war going on) .Furthermore chineese are not a communsit to taht extent , They are much more open minded than Soviet union. And also theyare much more integrated into the world economy than Soviet union and with a lot of multinationals investing there. If chineese fall then world wil se a great depression ( as china consumes a lot of wolrlds resources.)

Comment

Originally posted by nickshepAK
                      How could you guys forget the EU! :) It's possible if the member states, mainly the UK and the Netherlands get of their high horse and actually try to make the EU work.

If chineese fall then world wil se a great depression ( as china consumes a lot of wolrlds resources.)
                      yeah I agree with that, one of my lecturers mentioned the other day that out of all the concrete pored in the world at the moment, half is pored in China, along with half of all construction steal being used there. Don’t know if it's true or not, maybe someone will be bothered to look it up.

Comment

ur teacher told u the fact .China is consuming most of teh consumption of worlds steel and cement and also other goods. one of the reasons why oil prices have risen in the recent months is due to the increased demand of oil mainly due to expanding chineese consumption.

Comment

Completely meaningless and arbituary. Most of these countries are limited to their own regions. While having vast military machines, they cannot compete well outside their regions. India, China, and Israel are far weaker than Canada in Europe.

Comment

OoE are u talking about EU as a whole or saperately??
                            well i bet not all EU nations wil be stronger tahn india/china

Comment

OoE are u talking about EU as a whole or saperately??
                              well i bet not all EU nations wil be stronger tahn india/china
                              I'm speaking of Europe as a geographic location. Canada is in North America but Canadian military strength surpasses the combined Indian, Chinese, and Israeli military strengths in Europe.

Comment

Working...
                              X