Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Referendum on Khalistan in California - over 60, 000 Sikhs attend!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referendum on Khalistan in California - over 60, 000 Sikhs attend!

KHALISTAN CALLING NOV. 17, 2004

REFERENDUM ON KHALISTAN

--------

Over 60, 000 participating Sikhs

in the Nov. 07 annual Sikh parade (25th)

in Yuba City California,

commemorating the 296th anniversary

of the declaration of Guru Granth Sahib

as the eternal Guru of Sikhs,

unanimously voice support for

a South Asian democratic buffer state

of Khalistan in South Asia

---------

Dr. Amarjit Singh on conclusion of his keynote address

electrified the gathering with the traditional slogan of:-

"Akal Takht ton`Ayee` Awaaz" five times

and the huge congregation

thundered in one voice:-

"Khalistan Khalistan" five times

By

Dr. Amarjit Singh

Address:

Khalistan Affairs Center

956-National Press Building, Washington D.C. 20045 USA

Tel: 202-637-9210 :: Fax: 202-637-9211

INTERNET SITE INFORMATION:-

Web Site: http://www.khalistan-affairs.org

E-mail: [email protected]

Washington DC: November 17, 2004:
    This year's huge 25th annual (silver jubilee) parade, held on Sunday November 07, 2004, organized by Gurdwara Sahib Turbiana Road Yuba City, California, (which event also commemorated the 296th anniversary of tenth Guru Gobind Singh Ji's 1708 declaration of Guru Granth Sahib as the eternal Guru of the Sikhs) was attended by over sixty thousand colourfully dressed Sikh men, women and children who had come from all over United States and Canada representing the over one million prosperous North American Sikh diaspora community.

The Sunday November 07 Yuba city five miles long Sikh parade, complete with about fifty beautifully decorated floats and numerous Guru ka Langars where the marchers were fed along the route, was held on a beautiful clear sunny day. The most prominent among the fifty floats was the popular Sikh Youth of America float which, surrounded by thousands of marchers, was decorated with photographs of many Sikh martyrs including the greatest Sikh of the 20th century, Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindrawale, and the two Sant Sipahis who despatched the evil-incarnate Indira Gandhi in 1984, martyrs Sardars Beant Singh and Satwant Singh.

The huge gathering which had assembled inside and outside the Gurdwara Sahib Turbiana Road Yuba City around 10 AM (before the start of the five mile long colourful march) was addressed by prominent Sikhs who had come from all over the United States, Canada, UK and India. Local city and state officials also spoke. Dr. Amarjit Singh, Director of the Washington-based Khalistan Affairs Center, electrified the over sixty thousand strong audience, (seated inside and outside the Yuba City Gurdawara) when he concluded his keynote address by raising the most popular slogan of the 25 million strong Sikh nation (three million Free and prosperous in the Sikh diaspora and 22 million captive in the world's largest Brahmin-caste-dominated and misruled Castocracy - India) which says:- "Akal Takht ton`Ayee Awaz" five times. Each time Dr. Amarjit Singh raised the slogan, which is traditionally considered a kind of a referendum by all Sikhs, "Akal Takht ton`Ayee Awaz" the sixty thousand strong gathering responded with a full-throated unanimous thunderous shout of "Khalistan Khalistan."

Khalistan is the demand of the 25 million strong Sikh nation for an egalitarian democratic buffer state in South Asia, stretching from the Jumna River on the East to the Pakistan border on the West, Kashmir on the North and China on the North East, which will act as a bridge of peace and commerce between South Asia and the oil/gas of the seven Stans of Central Asia. Appended below are a few photographs of the participants who voted in the historic Khalistan referendum in Yuba City, California, on November 06, 2004:-

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Sher-e-Punjab; 20 Nov 04,, 15:04.

woah.

Is the call for an independent country Punjab or is it just like some changes in the political setup?

Comment

The demand is the same as it has always been. It is for the complete independence and sovereignty returned to (East) Punjab, as it should have been in 1947 when the British withdrew from our country.

More photos:
      Attached Files

Comment

Was Punjab a princely state?

Or do you think that it was unfair to make simple division methods only along those lines?

Comment

From 1799 onwards Punjab was an independent, sovereign nation which had its own monarchy, government, laws, currency, army and internationally recognized boundaries.

The British, French, Persians, Tibetans and Chinese all recognized the Sikh kingdom of Punjab as a sovereign state. Punjab at that time included the present NWFP and much of Jammu-Kashmir which the Sikhs had conquered and ruled over.

Treaties were signed between the Sikhs and the British (Treaty of Amritsar 1809) recognizing Punjab's sovereignty.

So, no, Punjab was not a "princely state". Punjab was a nation state until the British annexation in 1849.

Comment

A Ghalib quote (Ghalib was a great Indian Moslem poet).

"Ek Bulbul ek Sardarji ko dekh kar yon ni kahe,
            Sardarji, agar tere dari men meri ashiana hota!"

Seeing the unruly beard of the guys, this came to mind.

Fo the non sub continental types, the translation is:

"One Bulbul ( a bird that sings; weaver bird I think) perceiving a Sikh said thus:
            Hey Sardarji (honorific word for the bearded brethern used for them in India), how I wish I could have you beard as my home"

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Kushwant Singh, the most honoured Sikh scholar and the author of Train to Pakistan says thus:

A separate faith

He never went to school or college; instead he sat at the feet of pundits, maulvis, ustads, lawyers and other men of learning and became a scholar of Sanskrit, Persian, Guru mukhi, law and musicology. His genius was recognized by Maharaja Hira Singh of Nabha whom he served for 32 years in different capacities from private secretary, minister, judge of the high court and appeared as the state’s counsel before the privy council in London. He was the chief collaborator and mentor of Max Arthur Macauliffe, helped him to understand and translate hymns in the Granth Sahib which were published under the title, The Sikh Religion, in six volumes, by Oxford University Press in 1907. Macauliffe assigned the copy-right of his volumes to him. This extraordinary man was Bhai Sahib Bhai Kahan Singh of Nabha (1861-1938) whose 60th death anniversary falls on November 23.

Kahan Singh’s four volume Mahankosh, an encyclopedia of Sikhism, was published in Gurumukhi in 1930. It took him 15 years to compile it and remains the standard book of reference on all aspects of Sikh history and religion. Since then it was never translated into English, nor brought up to date. This was the principal reason for Professor Harbans Singh to produce his four volume The Encyclopedia of Sikhism in English in 1998. He relied heavily on Kahan Singh’s work.

Another work by Kahan Singh which remains untranslated is Guru Martand on Sikh ritual (maryada) in two volumes published in 1938. For good reasons the one book associated with his name is a slender volume entitled, Ham Hindu Nahin Hain (We are not Hindus), published in 1898. He took great pains to establish that Sikhs were not simply keshdhari Hindus but a community apart from the Hindus. It was a daunting task since the Sikh sacred scripture, the Adi Granth, is largely devoted to the praise of gods mostly with Hindu names: Hari, Ram, Govind, Madhava, Murari, Prabhu, Bhagwan, Vitthal and others. The same is true of the Dasam Granth, compiled by the last Guru Gobind Singh in which, apart from invoking Shiva to grant him the boon of courage — Day Shiva bar moi ehai — there are praises of goddess like Chandi and Durga.

What Sikh scholars of today are unwilling to accept is that while Sikh theology is basically Hindu, it evolved a parallel tradition of the militant Khalsa which is the only thing which gives it a seemingly separate identity. As long as the debate on whether or not Sikhs are Hindus goes on, the name of Bhai Sahib Bhai Kahan Singh of Nabha will remain in peoples’ minds.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/104112...ry_4015124.asp

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                A Ghalib quote (Ghalib was a great Indian Moslem poet).

"Ek Bulbul ek Sardarji ko dekh kar yon ni kahe,
                Sardarji, agar tere dari men meri ashiana hota!"

Seeing the unruly beard of the guys, this came to mind.

Fo the non sub continental types, the translation is:

"One Bulbul ( a bird that sings; weaver bird I think) perceiving a Sikh said thus:
                Hey Sardarji (honorific word for the bearded brethern used for them in India), how I wish I could have you beard as my home"
                Na cherh Malangaan nu
                Kuttay payn gay tangaan nu...

Comment

Well teh point is all these sikhs are the guys who have left india years ago with a perception of peak time khalsa moverments and believe in the same ( as many of them had to leave due to terrorism) . Well the point is in case we give autonomy to punjab as it as once a saperate nation then what about hyderabad state what about goa . ??. Why do people forget the point that untied we stand and divided we fall. Unity will make us all grow coordially and prosper while figting with each other will bring no good.Punjab today is the richest state in india . It has highest per capita income and frankly i dont think the sikha living here are looking for freedom its just some foolish sikhs outside who persuing it all .And so many of there also include terrorists who fled teh country to dave their lives /who are banned to enter india due to their crimes.
                  The state of punjab is the most well to do place theres no extra crime no leack of power/rights . People vote regularly in large numbers and no terrorism or anti govt marchs going on in punjab.So whats wrong the people are happy they dont want a saperate state .They want to be a part of india and prosper as a future superpower while there are some assholes sitting outside shitting around all the place . If these guys really think that the common public want this then why dont they try coming to india and talk to the people .There surely are groups in J&K who propose indepenece and are in a way interested in it . But these people they are just diong time pass. If they were really interested or if their claims were worth a consideration for sikhs in punjab then they would have come back to india and started a peaceful movement . But they havent done that and they never will because if they will then they will be killed by the same sikhs of punjab for talking against their nation.

Comment

Did the centre ever just appologize to the Sikhs about Operation BlueStar?

You know we mistreated the Bengalis too. And u know all it took, for them to start making mends with us was? An appology from Musharraf. Though of course some cynical reporters went on to make it like, there should've been more appologies, but Bangladeshis ultimately welcomed it.

Like 10 yrs ago, this balochi movements were really strong too. All it took was a recognition by some of us Punjabis that, "Yes Punjabis are hogging away a little more than their share". And today's government's aren't ignoring the Baloch's problem with the centre. The distribution of water, etc.

Maintaining Unity is a difficult process. You say, what about Goa, what about Hyderabad? Give them autonomy! Let them handle their own affairs. Their own finances. Something on the basis of how the US works. Only matters of importance like Defence, constitution, Judicial system, should be in the centres control.

We all know that gay saying, "if you love someone set them free....." Holds some truth in this case doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                      Did the centre ever just appologize to the Sikhs about Operation BlueStar?
                      Apologise for what?? killing the terrorists ??

You know we mistreated the Bengalis too. And u know all it took, for them to start making mends with us was? An appology from Musharraf. Though of course some cynical reporters went on to make it like, there should've been more appologies, but Bangladeshis ultimately welcomed it.
                      a big difference. In fact both are different stories all together. I bangladesh we are talking about West sidelining east in everythin . power military etc.
                      While in punjabs case it was a trial to control terrorist and anti nationalist activities . Frankly any non voilent protest is not met with a voilent treatment but if someone starts shooting and asking for saperation then we better shoot him down . Frankly he could have asked peacefullly and the situation could have been talked out .
                      Frankly killing terrorists or controlling the situation by welcoming the army is not something one needs to say sorry about but sidelining the people in power etc does deserve a lot more. Frankly here we are talking about paksitan with a dictatorial form of govt. What rights do u think do the people have in dictatorship.??

Like 10 yrs ago, this balochi movements were really strong too. All it took was a recognition by some of us Punjabis that, "Yes Punjabis are hogging away a little more than their share". And today's government's aren't ignoring the Baloch's problem with the centre. The distribution of water, etc.
                      My frnd thats teh point nobody is hogging away anyt extra water/opportunities from punjab. In fact its the most prosperous state in india which speaks about wether it has been sidelined or not.Here u expect that the people who revolted due to lack of opportunites /equality by the govt revolted settle down by acceptance. and on the other side u are not ready to expect that the khalsa movement is dead in india and what remains is some fools sitting outside india and trying to burn the ashes in false hope.If u think ur balochistan movement can die then why not a movement in a now most prosperous state of india where theres no discretion in laws/acts by the govt??

Maintaining Unity is a difficult process.
                      We are doing a good job for 57 years and no doubt we wont break with the small shits like these.
                      [QUTOE=] You say, what about Goa, what about Hyderabad? Give them autonomy! Let them handle their own affairs. Their own finances. Something on the basis of how the US works.[/QUOTE]
                      Thats the whole point . The system in india is partial distribution of power and we are happy with it if one day some outsider (the sikhs sitting outside ) make a presentation/dharna that its wrong and thsi state shoudl be given freedom then i would say who the hell is he to talk in our internal matters . If he is an indian then come back to india and talk here and he would be listened frankly out PM has said that hes ready to talk to anyone unconditionally and that really means if u are readuy to talk then we are too. But are they ready to talk . ?? NO they know all their claims are their individual fantasies and not genreal opinion of sikhs in india. for if it was there would ahve been active groups in punjab like the ones in kashmir but there are none.

Only matters of importance like Defence, constitution, Judicial system, should be in the centres control.[/QUOTE}
                      Judiciary is outside any political control .
                      Frankly we jsut take matters of importance in central hands like defence .constituition ,foreign affairs . adn obviously some other matters to make sure that we can divert money to let teh weaker parts grow faster. or say help a drought hit territory with national money. These things surely are national importance in india . Though might not be in US/paksitan.

[QUTOE=]We all know that gay saying, "if you love someone set them free....." Holds some truth in this case doesn't it?
                      Thats the point my frnd u set them free and sikhs in india a free to speak to vote to write anythin against india . but surely not free to kill. They can express their views and noone will arrest them far that.Our media criticies the govt everyday and no mediaperson is ever touched , The sikhs today are happy and fully indian by thei nationality i know a lot of them and i know how much they love india . Frankly i can bet now that sikhs are the first persons to hit u hard in case u speak against india . they are great nationalists and heros.
                      But on the other hand u dont ask ur loved ones that u can leave me if u want. thats a disgrace on the feelings of that person. How can we ask such a question of saperate nation to such patriots . ??What do u want us to do . Go and tell them no u are not eligible to be an indian but u should fight for their own country bec some foolish sikhs outside spend their leasure time thinking taht u hate me and so u shouild leave me ???well we repect sikhs as our brothers and if they want to leave they can talk and we will try our best to solve the matter peacefully but in case u expect me go to them and tell them hey u should ask me to go to hell and that too at a point of time when theres nothing wrong what kind a sane person i am then??

Comment

Apologise for what?? killing the terrorists ??
                        Errr raiding the Golden Temple, for whatever reasons, made the government look like villains. What followed next, jailing Sikhs on suspician, persecution, leaving them crippled, a lot more. Indira Gandhi went all out....

Ever since I saw this video posted by Sher, I've been reading up on her. She has allegations of corruption, ugly politics, etc. She seems to me like the Zia of India. Undoing all that is a *****, but you gotta start.

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil
                          Errr raiding the Golden Temple, for whatever reasons, made the government look like villains. What followed next, jailing Sikhs on suspician, persecution, leaving them crippled, a lot more. Indira Gandhi went all out....
                          There were terrorists sitting inside the golden temple . A whole set of tunnels build from in the basement of this temple for smuggling.It deserved an intervention

Ever since I saw this video posted by Sher, I've been reading up on her. She has allegations of corruption, ugly politics, etc. She seems to me like the Zia of India. Undoing all that is a *****, but you gotta start.
                          Yes she was but theres an old saying "taali kabhi ek haath se nahin bajti.And yes howsoever corrupt she might be but she was an elected leader and had to again face the test of election after 5 years.she couldnot dare to attack a sacred place like golden temple( it was even visited by so many hindus. its a general practice of many hindus to go to gorudwaras .)unless of course there is a big reason like if it has become a breeding ground for terrorists.and frankly if some terrorists are sitting inside a temple or a mosque or a gurudwara we army has a full right to raid it as it has a right to protect the nation.

Comment

Asim.

I could also do a Lull, but I will leave it at that.

Must not prevent dreamers from dreaming.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Hmmm I'm unfamiliar with the ethics in Sikhism, but for some people, you can't destroy the Ka'abah, even if it meant the end of the world...

As you've explained, those were desperate times, calling for desperate measures, you need to make radical steps to revert these Pro-Khalistani people towards you. You can't say "Fck-Off" and call it a day.

They're hardly a problem for Indians as compared to the Mullah's in Pakistan. We can't wish Mullah's away either. If wishing were the answer, I'd lend u my lucky clover for the day. We have to deal with them. Punjabi Indians I've met are very patriotic Indians. But I guess the bitterness remains. My best wishes....

Comment

Working...
                              X