Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

64 dead in Samjhauta Express : Terror Attack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok well, discuss this to the nail... and yeah you are right.. it must be the Islamists, Hindu Extremists are peaceful people, don't bother investigating them... ;)

well, goodnight all.
    Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
    -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Predictable response from Pakistan

It's India's duty to ensure security: Pak

Islamabad, February 19: Pakistan's foreign minister is going ahead with a trip to India on Tuesday as planned despite bomb blasts on a train in India that killed at least 64 people, most of them Pakistanis.

Advertisement
      Pakistan condemned the blasts and said on Monday they would have no bearing on the planned visit by Foreign Minister Khursheed Mehmood Kasuri.

"Why should it be changed?" said Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Tasnim Aslam, when asked about Kasuri's trip for talks on the peace process.

Aslam said initial reports suggested most of the victims on the train bound for Pakistan were Pakistanis.

"We condemn this act of terrorism in which many precious lives have been lost," she said.

"It is the responsibility of the Indian authorities to provide security to the train inside Indian territory. We expect Indian authorities to punish the perpetrators."

The train service links New Delhi with the eastern Pakistani city of Lahore, although passengers have to get down at the border and cross on foot before boarding another train for their destination.

Pakistan, for its part, said the service would continue, although Pakistani Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said security would be stepped up on the Pakistani leg of the journey.

"This kind of incident can't stop good and positive relations between India and Pakistan," Ahmed said.

It's India's duty to ensure security: Pak

Comment

Originally posted by Archer View Post
        Does India ask the Dalai Lama to show his ID when the Bombay bomb blasts occurred?
        Haha.. arrey tum neh toh bachearey Dalai Lama koh Bal Thackeray key saat kadha kardiyah... ok, I am going to leave now, maybe tomorrow, I have multiple migranes right now, bye.
        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post

I am totally Thanda Thanda Cool Cool..

Great then...seemed like you werent.

Are you really serious with that statement?
          Hmm...I cant remember any incident of Hindu extremists causing bomb blasts in train...

Yeah, Khalistanis also killed a lot of Sikhs in army and police, but Hindus are not like that...
          So you want to say that Hindu extremist group bombed the train because they wanted to kill the hindu security personnel?...gotcha.

all of them... sure.... and Hindu extremists too...
          Are you sure an meteor didnt crash into the train?

Glad the cops don't think this way... phew...
          well Sherlock Holmes always first looked for the motive..The cops dont?Well they must be stupid then.

its 2 in the morning
          Its 1.40 AM IST..NOW,as I finish writing this msg.What standard time are you following..bangladeshi?;)
          Last edited by MarquezRazor; 19 Feb 07,, 21:19.

Comment

Originally posted by saambaarblast View Post
            Yikes, all that damage with remote controlled molotovs?
            Yeah seems very surprising isnt it.. Lets await further reports.

Comment

Haha.. arrey tum neh toh bachearey Dalai Lama koh Bal Thackeray key saat kadha kardiyah... ok, I am going to leave now, maybe tomorrow, I have multiple migranes right now, bye.
              My cousin's chaiwallah's(tm) barbers cousins pet parrot who knows Dalai lamas pet parrot told me that Dalai Lama is angry with GoI because india didnt launch an proxy war to take Tibet.So it could have been him..;)
              Last edited by MarquezRazor; 19 Feb 07,, 21:21.

Comment

Just saw on IBN-CNN

"Initial investigation shows weak possibility of linkage with big terrorist groups. Seems more like work of some local elements. But, still investing." - DIG, Crime Branch Panipat(??)

A pakistani national alerted CRPF men inside rail coach about two unclaimed suitcases...yet this could not be averted...(height of incompetency)

Comment

Most of the Indians killed were Army and security personnel. They died on duty trying to protect the passengers in the train. And most of them were also Hindu, so religion can't even be cried after here.
                  Tronic, why do you make statements with out reading the whole news. as per NDTV most of them who are killed are pakistanis and railway gaurds.
                  Cross border tragedy: Samjhauta Express blasts kill 66 - NDTV.com - News on Cross border tragedy: Samjhauta Express blasts kill 66

I just said that why in the hell is that lalu says that he would give a 10 lakh compensation and a job for their KIN if the dead person is a INDIAN and why is it different for the dead in bombay blasts where the kin of dead only got 1-2 lakh(dont quite remember the number but the amount was near to this).
                  it is done because most of the people who are dead in this attack are muslims and the ones in bombay were HINDUS

Comment

Tronic Sir:
                    Why are people being so hostile to Nitin?
                    No one's being hostile Tronic sir, but Nitin ji mentioned the following:

But, interesting thing to note would be if govt explores possibility of hindu terrorism.
                    I'll say fine keep options open, investigate even Dalai Lama and White House links too, but when thats coupled with the following:

We cant blame ISI now, due to dead pakistanis,
                    3. And terrorism stems from:

corruption, political indifference and public forgetfulness
                    because sins of people of our nation played bigger role in nithari than in these attacks. So, we first need to get rid of the evil within before even thinking about handling pakistan or islamic extremism.
                    So we have sinned as a nation in Nithari and these terror attacks too. Judgement has alrady been passed by Nitin ji.

I brought up nithari to emphasise the root cause of these attacks.

What am i to understand? Basically Nitin ji is saying that we are to blame. He has ALREADY established the fact in points 2, 3, 4,and 5.

In addition he has already dismissed the notion we should blame Pakistani based groups or Islamic terrorism for these attacks beforehand in point 4because Nithari, corruption, public apathy is the cause.

I don't think someone from PDF would've done better than Nitin Sir has done here. ;)

Comment

Suba,

Here are some clarifications.

But, interesting thing to note would be if govt explores possibility of hindu terrorism.

I think u got pissed by the nomenclature of associating terrorism with hindu. I guess i consider godhra riots as acts of terrorism.

We cant blame ISI now, due to dead pakistanis,
                      I mean that ISI has an alibi that people dead are pakistanis, so it will be difficult for us to convince other countries that ISI is involved in this, without substantial proof.

corruption, political indifference and public forgetfulness
                      because sins of people of our nation played bigger role in nithari than in these attacks. So, we first need to get rid of the evil within before even thinking about handling pakistan or islamic extremism.

I meant that it is not just the terrorist, but the incompetent system which fails to protect its own civilians also needs to share the burden of dead on its conscience. Just like in nithari, where u cannot just blame Surendra and manendra for the killings. There is a loud cry of taking noida poilicemen into task. Same should happen in such attacks too.

I brought up nithari to emphasise the root cause of these attacks.
                      I did not mean that nithari is root cause of these terrorist attacks. I said that circumstances like corruption, indifference towards poor/deprived that led to nithari are also partly responsible in these terrorist attacks.

nitin

Comment

"It is the responsibility of the Indian authorities to provide security to the train inside Indian territory. We expect Indian authorities to punish the perpetrators."
                        LOL says the state sponsor! Funny and ironical that the actions of the very terrorists these people train and officially give 'moral and diplomatic' support, become the responsiblity of the Indian state.

Has Pakistan cooperated in the 1993 blasts case? Nope the entire MOST WANTED LIST ended up in Pakistan and is kept under the protection of the ISI. Anyone heard of Dawood Ibrahim?

Did'nt his leftist crap fall over themselves trying to blame Hindu groups when Malegaon happened? They kept a steady silence when the truth of Muslims planting bombs came out. Before that they'd come out heavily against Hindutva groups as culprits. Now again they are desperate to blame Hindu's. If not please at least start investigating them, even if there is no link they plead.

After all isn't this a game of Pakistan-India equal equal? If Pakistan can be bad, why do you think Hindu's can't do this. We are equally bad. They feel guilty that India/ Hindu's don't have the same record. Because if this is not true then what happens to the 'Pseudosecularist' theories?

God please we hope some Hindu group has done this. After all in Godhra too Hindu's locked their compartments up and burnt themselves to their deaths, did'nt they?

Comment

Nitin Ji, i can see again in your response glaring contradictions. However i will not waste time on pointing them. But one thing you do not picture. Archer Sir tried explaining. You belong to a school of thought. It exists quite predominantly in our liberal left setup. 'We have to blame ourselves first for everything. We have to feel guilty.'

The idea is the leftists want you and me to feel little. Littler definitely than the fundamentalists. You should see Laloo and Mulayam visit mosques and rave against Shiv Sena or BJP or the CPI legitimizing muslim illegal immigrants in WB. Yet when they yell Fatwas and burn trains..deathly silence. Riots are the result of many years of regressed frustrations.

How do you think US will react if passengers are burnt alive in grey hound buses year after year. They will soon end up in the streets and start lynching the culprits. Forget human rights. They've already invaded 2 major countries for 3000 deaths. We've lost more since 911. Moreover rioting is not an act of terrorism. I don't think Nitinji you comprehend what political class your views represent. Thats the very political class you blame for incompetency and pathetic administration responsible for these terrorist acts. No offense, but that is somewhere near the truth. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by subba View Post
                            Nitin Ji, i can see again in your response glaring contradictions. However i will not waste time on pointing them. But one thing you do not picture. Archer Sir tried explaining. You belong to a school of thought. It exists quite predominantly in our liberal left setup. 'We have to blame ourselves first for everything. We have to feel guilty.'
                            I knew it from start. I am being targetted because ppl think I am one of those scared shitless leftist. Try to judge my remarks based on there own merit. I never said we are solely responsible for such happenings...am too busy rite now to continue.

nitin

Comment

Nitin Ji as i mentioned no offense taken or intended. These are discussion forums. You have every right to your POV. It is legitimate. But people are tired of taking the blame where none probably exists. I get offended that i am a part of a system that is responsible for these reprehensible, inhuman attacks. I am not. But post after post you try and rub it in. On tops you say don't blame Islamic extremism or Pakistan.

Nitinji that is exactly what the left says and does.

I never said we are solely responsible for such happenings.
                              That is exactly what you came across as Nitinji. Read up again if you please. Anyways sir, it's 4 am here. But it was interesting. Lets see what comes out of the investigation. Look forward to your views as of tomorrow Nitinji. Good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by subba View Post
                                Nitin Ji as i mentioned no offense taken or intended. These are discussion forums. You have every right to your POV. It is legitimate. But people are tired of taking the blame where none probably exists. I get offended that i am a part of a system that is responsible for these reprehensible, inhuman attacks. I am not. But post after post you try and rub it in. On tops you say don't blame Islamic extremism or Pakistan.

Nitinji that is exactly what the left says and does.

That is exactly what you came across as Nitinji. Read up again if you please. Anyways sir, it's 4 am here. But it was interesting. Lets see what comes out of the investigation. Look forward to your views as of tomorrow Nitinji. Good day to you.
                                1. I never said that we should not blame islamic militants for such attacks. All I said was to take all factors into account and not to jump to conclusions, like in past. So, to emphasise this point I tried to put forward the minority opinion of hindu extremists being involved.

2. I feel ashamed that I am part of such system which is partly responsible for such attacks. People have to take blame for these attacks. Its a democracy, we elect our leaders, so we are in a way responsible for there actions. What do u expect, when caste and religion are bigger poll issues for people than lets say corruption or national security. If it was a dictatorship, then thats another story. Just look at US. After 9/11 national security became the biggest public issue, which motivated political capital to be invest in it, almost opposite of what happens in india. Couple of condolences for victims and some remarks on terrorist/peace process and our politicians think that there job is done. Why should'nt they, when public is fine with it, so are they.
                                Last edited by nitinjindal83; 20 Feb 07,, 00:15.

Comment

Working...
                                X