X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st WAB Modelers Contest

1st WAB Modelers Contest

Dear Members,

I am hereby announcing the launch of the 1st WAB Modeler's Contest.

Members have one week to submit up to five photos of the modeling work they wish to be put to a vote among the WAB membership. As the contest is open to all, anybody can submit photos of their model. Any prior submitted work in the Modeler's Corner can be submitted for the contest, but it must be submitted in this thread.

To verify that the work is your own, we ask that one photo include your username written next to your modeling work, unless you have already posted it before in the Modeler's Corner.

After a week of submissions, the submission thread will be closed.

A voting thread will then be opened, and all members will be given an opportunity to vote for what they consider the best model over the course of a week.

The modeler whose modeling work gets the most votes will be awarded a tin of Royal Dansk butter cookies, to be mailed via USPS.

In the future, we plan to have more specific modeling contests (e.g. WWII planes, tanks, ships, etc.) The first modeling contest will be open to all types of work. This contest will set the stage for future contests, which I hope to have on a monthly basis.

Regards, Matt
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Oh I wish I had kept that Cutty Sark model, or that Bismarck one I built years ago, or all those tanks!!

I have a great U Boat model, still in its box! One day, one day!

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
      Oh I wish I had kept that Cutty Sark model, or that Bismarck one I built years ago, or all those tanks!!

I have a great U Boat model, still in its box! One day, one day!
      If you took pictures, you can submit them here. :)

After this contest, the plan is for monthly, themed contests. Work submitted here for the 1st Modelers Contest can be resubmitted in the future themed contests. This one, anything goes. :)

Comment

May I submit an entry for someone else?
        WW2DB: [Photo] Building a model of the Tirpitz on board the Tirpitz

Just kidding! But this contest is a great idea. I can't wait to see some of the real entries.
        Pete

Comment

personally, I think Nord would win this one Hands Down!!

But there is my rendition of the Tirpitz!!
          Attached Files

Comment

I collect the Milwaukee Road in HO scale. I prefer trains of designs before 1950 and really like doing WW II freight trains. This is a picture of three flat cars (2 are MILW cars) carrying the 3 versions of M-3 Lee/Grant tanks. I made them out of pot metal kits made up in Washington state and painted them in Afrika tan as if they are to be shipped to El Alamein. The kits were highly accurate as you could get them with cast hulls, riveted hulls, American turrets or British turrets. Just couldn't resist them.
            Attached Files
            Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

So far it's a two-horse race... RustyBattleship and TexasJohn. :)

Comment

Here then are pics of my F-14 ( built 20 years ago), rebuilt recently..
                Attached Files

Comment

Cockpit close-up
                  Attached Files

Comment

Texasjohn,

Only one work can be submitted to be judged by the membership for the award. You can submit other works in future contests :)

Comment

How bout a German helmet? I took an old, beat-up original shell and came out with this:

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Heh, should of made a few things more clear.

Five photos of one piece of scale modeling work can be submitted.

The helmet is ineligible, it would be classed as a replica, I believe.

Comment

Is a diorama eligible or should I just stick to a single model?

-dale

Comment

I dont make models But I sure am going to enjoy this thread I can see :)
                            sigpicFEAR NAUGHT

Should raw analytical data ever be passed to policy makers?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                              Heh, should of made a few things more clear.

Five photos of one piece of scale modeling work can be submitted.

The helmet is ineligible, it would be classed as a replica, I believe.
                              Just a single model. We'll do diorama in a future contest.

Comment

Working...
                              X