Movie Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Debbie View Post
    Spike Lee is a young film writer/director/producer who focuses his ambitions and talents on some pretty touchy subjects, the main one being racial/social attitudes and tensions in the US. I have to admit that I do not realize what he is trying to say in just one watching, he crams so much stuff into his films that while one is trying to get an arm around the dialogue, the sets are ever changing to reflect the mood but in a subtle manner. Pretty heavy stuff, but I never tire of his manipulation of the audience or his message. One has to be very astute as his films have sets that change very subtly, they grow or diminish in very small ways. His use of colorization for clothing and background to set the mood is very keen along with the music score in any movie he makes. He makes the audience take a look at themselves that they may have never thought of and he often posits himself in a scene or two. So if you want to think about US society and about humanity, this is the fellow.
    Thank you Debbie, will watch out for the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
      Hey, thats a cool movie... Maybe you should see 'A walk to remember' movie too.
      Thanks Samudra, what is the background to the movie?

Comment

I've seen Cinderella III about forty times in the last week. I do not recommend this movie. I repeat....steer clear of this movie!!
        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
          Thanks Samudra, what is the background to the movie?
          A guy falls in love with a girl, his classmate at high school. And the girl falls in love with the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
            A guy falls in love with a girl, his classmate at high school. And the girl falls in love with the guy.
            Sounds like a Bollywood classic;)

Comment

just watched a British flick called "two men went to war" I think. Weirdly funny's how I found it
              The greatest instrument of moral good is the imagination.

Comment

Personally I choose not to make a trip all the way to the movies just to pay $10 to see the movie once and be thirsty becuase a drink costs an additional $5. However I do very much enjoy watching movies on HBO. I am known for changing the channel however when I know how its going to end, unless of course I feel there may be a twist or something worth seeing. Name a genre/sub-genre and I can point out a good movie about it.

**your results may vary**

Comment

Repo Man

Comment

Inside Man, it's a pretty good movie

James: What's a good heist flick?

Semper, I take Latin, but I confess I forget/don't know what fi is. Do you mind shedding some light? Thanks

-speedlover
                    "you have enemies, good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Comment

Originally posted by speedlover1994 View Post

-speedlover
                      I believe it was called "steal" it was a GREAT movie, check it out. I saw it on AMC but you may find it on HBO one day. Either that or "steel" eitherway, great movie.

Comment

Inside Man, it's a pretty good movie

Semper, I take Latin, but I confess I forget/don't know what fi is. Do you mind shedding some light? Thanks

-speedlover
                        It's just short for Fidelis (Marine Corps motto), and no I am not a Marine...I just have alot of respect for what they do.

Comment

Ahhhh, thank you

James- Thanks for the recomendation
                          "you have enemies, good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Comment

Ahhhh, thank you

James- Thanks for the recomendation
                            No problem, its a great movie. You will know its the right movie if in the first scene they are robbing a bank and get away on rollerblades.

Comment

Ok thanks, hopefully it's on BitTorrent or something, I mean...

Comment

i just saw apocalypto, crank and revolver all of which, especially crank and revolver are damn good.
                                die, no0b

Comment

Working...
                                X